“Nice hotel with good service”

Premier Palace Hotel
Ranked #14 of 111 Hotels in Kiev
“Nice hotel with good service”
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

The price were a bit high compared with Ukraine, but the service was good and all the facilities was outstanding.
The view from the restaurant is really worth a visit.
The fitness center and the pool is really nice and you have it all by your selv

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
NataliyaRomaniv, Public Relations Manager at Premier Palace Hotel, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear Kimogirl,
We do thank you for your kind review! We're happy that you find our services good and enjoy your staying. And thank you for your nice words about our restaurant with panoramic view!
We do thank you for choosing the Premier Palace Hotel while in Kyiv and we hope to welcome you soon!
Regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco Bay Area
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stayed here on my fourth business trip to Kiev, after staying at another hotel my first three trips. The Premier Palace not only provides fine service, but the location is much better than where I had stayed before. Only a block off the main street of Khreshchatyk, the location is conveniently close to restaurants and nicely located for an evening stroll to unwind. They have a bountiful breakfast buffet, and the dinner I had at their restaurant (where they serve breakfast), was good.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank dlblock
NataliyaRomaniv, Public Relations Manager at Premier Palace Hotel, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Sir,
Thank you for taking the time to write this kind review, as your opinion is very important to us! During more than 100 years we do everything to be a real home for our Guests and we’re really happy that our central location makes the stay much more comfortable and useful!
We do thank you for choosing the Premier Palace Hotel while in Kyiv and we hope to welcome you here for many times in future!
Milano
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I did not stay in the hotel, but had the chance to have a nice dinner in Atmosfera, the rooftop open air restaurant, Nice international cuisine and good wines at acceptable prices, although some nice bottles were overpriced..
The view of downtown is really amazing, and you can also go there for a drink only. In winter the open air part is closed, so the view is not the same, Anyway very good location fro a business dinner of meeting, as well as for a date.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sir,
We are so happy to receive such a kind review!
Thank you for the warmest words about our Atmosfera rooftop restaurant. Hope to welcome you here not for a once with your friends, colleagues or with the lady of your heart!
We also recommend you to try our panoramic The Terracotta Restaurant on the 8th floor during a cold time - a very cozy place with a really beautiful view. It worth to try once and become a fan forever!
We will be glad to welcome you like a Guest of the Hotel also – we are sure that you will enjoy it!
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed at the Premier Palace Hotel last year, and did a review of it here, since then I’ve made two more visits to the Premier Palace, and feel I should review it again.

With my first stay there this year (which was in August), I decided to book a transfer from the airport to the hotel using one of the hotel cars (last year I used a private company). When I get through the gates at the airport, I was greeted by a well presented gentleman with a sign with my name, and he was very helpful with my bags. The cars the hotel use for transfers are fantastic, really clean, and top quality. Check in was smooth, even though I had an issue with my credit card, the hotel was fine as I told them it would be fixed up in the next few days, I even offered some Euros as an insurance for everything, but I was told it wasn’t needed. The bellhop was very quick to attend to me with my bags and show me the way to my room, and show where everything is in the room.

The concierge department at the hotel is fantastic. I had been in contact with them before my stay regarding getting tickets for an event that was on during my stay, and they were able to get my tickets for me. They let me know first via email, and then when I got there, the concierge informed me he had my ticket, and wasn’t after payment right away, which I thought was fantastic. A new feature that I was impressed with the concierge service is the large TV screen they have behind the desk, which they use at times to show you where things are. While using a map is OK, having someone show you on a satellite image from a maps website is really helpful, because you can actually see the buildings to look out for.

The restaurants the hotel are just as good as before, and in a sense better since the no smoking laws came into action, however the Fans Fest Sports Bar is now a smoking area downstairs. The food all the time is amazing, doesn’t matter if it’s the Lobby Bar downstairs, or Atmosphera, the rooftop restaurant, it’s always good food. Once plus with this first trip this year was that it was the week leading up to Independence Day, so the main restaurant, Terracotta, had offers on, such as free apple cake for dessert. The waiters at all the restaurants were fantastic, and the attention given by the breakfast staff was paramount. They would see if you wanted tea or coffee, and when you’ve finished one, they’ll see if you want another one. You can get eggs made to order, and by the end of the week, the chef knew what I would be having! The breakfast spread is fantastic.

The fitness centre is a nice place to relax, and the gym is really impressive, modern equipment, and the music playing wasn’t too loud, so it wasn’t off putting. The pool was always at a nice temperature, and the sauna and steam rooms were at a comfortable setting. Staff would always be ready to turn the bubbles on for the spa for you, as soon as they saw you getting in.

For my second stay this year, which was in September, I decided to spend a bit more money and book for the Executive Level. Again check in was smooth, this was after a change to the way I was getting to Kiev and the time, which I had phoned to them about in the morning, and with no hassles. I did find the room to be a bit smaller then my previous room, and being on level 7 there are no balconies, but it wasn’t that much of an issue for me. Paying a bit extra for the Executive Level, you do get some bonuses. These include half board meals in the Executive Lounge (buffet breakfast and dinner, with the drinks for dinner being the only thing you have to pay for), afternoon tea in the Executive Lounge, free ironing, and 2 items of laundry done for free. The Lounge is smaller, and therefore doesn’t have as big of a spread at breakfast, but they still make your eggs to order, and still offer plenty of options. Dinner you don’t know what is going to be part of the buffet, as it changes every night, but it’s always good. The Lounge is perfect if you don’t want to eat in your room, but like some quietness, also because it’s the same staff working day in day out, and they’re only dealing with those on level 7, they get to know you and remember you, which is always a good thing in any hotel.

The hotel is always very helpful with any questions you may have, such as where to go and what places to see, a place for currency exchange, and up to the minute information on weather and exchange rates being displayed in the lifts. Every afternoon you will be supplied by housekeeping with information about the weather for the next day, with a piece of paper saying what the weather is going to be during the night and day, wind conditions, and if there’s going to be any rain, something I didn’t see in any other hotel.

The atmosphere around the hotel is fantastic, with really friendly staff, all of which try their best to make your stay perfect, the classic design and features, with the downstairs area having classical versions of popular music being played (such as Lady Gaga, Oasis, Rihanna, and Led Zeppelin to name a few), suiting the hotel itself with a mixture of classic and modern. Check out for both times were both smooth, with no issues with the bills at all, and the staff at reception being so kind. Not only is it a hotel with a rich history (if you stay there, check out the book in the room for 100 years of the hotel, and you can buy it even) located in the perfect area, this hotel shows some others that you can update the place, and also keep its history in full tact,

something some other hotels just can’t do it. The friendliness and the English skills of the staff were quite above some other places I’ve been to, and when you’re staying at a place for a long time, you like both of those.

Yes, it may be a bit more expensive than other hotels, but the excellent service provided, quality of the rooms, facilities, and breakfast, and the security around the hotel shows why. Some drinks might be more expensive (I found some to be the same as Melbourne prices), but if you’re only having a few drinks, it doesn’t matter.

I would love to stay there again, and if I could, I would stay for 52 weeks in a row, this is still, in my eyes, the number one hotel in Ukraine.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank David T
NataliyaRomaniv, Public Relations Manager at Premier Palace Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear David,
On behalf of the Premier Palace Hotel's management, I want to thank you for your kind review!
You was extremely attentive to each detail - hotel car with nice driver, friendly and helpful concierge, F&B, Fitness Club, previliges of Executive Floor, all staff - and we really appreciate this. We are happy to say that you are one of our most favorite guests!
Before your next visit please feel free to contact me directly at pr@premier-palace.com – I'll do everything possible that your future stays at Premier Palace Hotel will bring you more and more feelings of comfort and pleasure!
We are delighted that you really enjoyed your stay and all facilities.
Be sure to know that you are always welcome here in the future!
Ukraine
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Some years ago it was probably the only 5 star hotel in Kiev. Those days have gone, but I still like Premier Palace. It is a bit overpiced, in my opinion, but service and general "atmosphere" are great.
Love their breakfasts on roof, location, swimming pool and interiors.

Room Tip: Recommend to book with breakfast included.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir,
On behalf of the Premier Palace Hotel's management, I want to thank you for your kind review.
We are proud to be your favorite Hotel! Before your next visit please feel free to contact me directly at pr@premier-palace.com – I'll do everything possible that your future stays at Premier Palace Hotel will bring you more and more feelings of comfort and pleasure.
We look forward to welcoming you soon!
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed in the hotel for business purpose on the week of 10 september 2013. It was a lovely stay. Staff was really friendly and nice (customer can smile too).
The checking was fast and easy, the overall decoration of the hotel it a bit "old style" but that makes his charm.
The breakfast was located on the 8th floor with a view on the city and a guy playing piano (I loved that very much).
The food was great in general.
Two small things, I kind of never figured out how to switch properly the light when leaving my room (even when removing the card)...
And I would have loved an small ipod station to charge my phone and listen to some music in my room (this is very much common these days).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sir,
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, all facilities, and our friendly staff. You are so attentive to each detail and we really appreciate this.
We still believe that live music with a tasty food and beautiful panoramic view could be the best start of your day!
Concerning the light – no need to switch off it as it will be automatically done in 1 minute after your leaving while you remove the card.
Thank you for your question about ipod station – we will consider this in nearest future.
Be sure to know that you are always welcome here!
Sea Bright, New Jersey
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Although we did not stay at the hotel we did have the pleasure of dining on it's rooftop at the Atmosfera rooftop restaurant. It was probably one of the best experiences we have ever had. The views are amazing! The food and service were excellent! There was a full band playing fantastic music! I am not sure how or why but we also had a fireworks display that appeared to be right next to the building. The vibe is very chilled offering lovely couches and chairs with blankets if you get chilly. Awesome place to just hang out for drinks or dessert even if you don't have dinner. Definitely the coolest spot in all of Kiev.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir,
We are so pleased to receive such a nice review! Thank you much for the best words about our Atmosfera rooftop restaurant – it’s location, views, food, service, music and all the details!
Hope to welcome you here not for a once! And we will be happy to welcome you like a Guest of the Hotel aswell – we are sure that you will enjoy it!