“The Best Hotel in Kiev Without Doubt”

Premier Palace Hotel
Ranked #12 of 112 Hotels in Kiev
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was at the Premier Palace Hotel for a week in late July/ Aug 2012. The hotel is centrally located just off the main street, Kreschatik. The hotel combines the classic elements of refined charm with a modern sensibility.... I recommend the executive plan which includes a full breakfast, mid-afternoon tea and light fare, and dinner in a private dining area on the 7th floor. Dining is buffet style but with service, which was attentive and excellent; and the food choices varied and tasty. There is also a private lounge off the dining area, a nice refuge when needed or a quiet place to read complimentary newspapers.... The room I had had a view of Independence Square, St. Sophia's, and St. Michael's, amazing. And the mattress was the most comfortable ever. The complimentary toiletries were Bulgari, very classy. Every day I found private-label chocolate treats on my pillow, and a weather report, a warm touch. There are around 40 rooms out of the 200 plus rooms that are executive level, and I highly recommend them. The first impression is that the executive plan is a bit pricey but the money you save on fine dining, and the added VIP treatment, makes it a reasonable choice, trust me...... The hotel has a great pool with jacuzzi, sauna and steam, and sports bar; and a small, but complete, fitness center with a helpful trainer on duty....The service in the hotel was excellent, up to the best Western standard. From the front office to the concierge, I found everyone helpful and cooperative. The hotel gives you full privacy and non-hotel guests have no problem visiting your room. The concierge helped me book a day trip to a lake/beach outside of Kiev, and took care of everything; and at a reasonable price.... The negatives were picayune: smoking was allowed in a small area of the private dining lounge, not bad. My hotel room was smoke-free and I didn't encounter the problem anywhere else in the hotel. Sorry for carping but I have to disclose everything for completeness....Overall evaluation is that this hotel is an excellent choice if you want comfort, luxury, service at a reasonable price, especially if you consider the alternative: Stay in a luxury short-stay apartment but have to pay out-of-pocket for a fitness center, pricey restaurant meals, etc.-- and even more expense for a couple. The Premier Palace is the way to go when a careful cost/benefit calculation is done.

Room Tip: You can ask for a room with view of iconic sites: Independence Square, etc. But not essential as you...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
NataliyaRomaniv, Public Relations Manager at Premier Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear Sir,

On behalf of the Hotel Management let me thank you for your truly precious comments! Before your next visit please feel free to contact me directly at pr@premier-palace.com – we'll do
everything possible that your future stays at Premier Palace Hotel will only
bring you feelings of comfort and pleasure.

We are looking forward to welcoming you at Premier Palace again!

Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

I was staying for a business trip. Good hotel at an high cost which i cannot justify, especially in such a city as Kiev. Location is pretty good, rooms are fine, breakfast good. The hotel charge London prices, but provides Ukraine style level of service.

• Stayed: November 2012
NataliyaRomaniv, Public Relations Manager at Premier Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Dear Sir,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on your stay in our Hotel. Would you be so kind to provide us with more detailes about your visit at pr@premier-palace.com or grm@premier-palace.com.
Premier Palace Hotel’s management is always happy to listen to the wishes and preferences of our guests, as this allows us to improve and expand our services and to maximize the comfort of those who stay with us.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

great place to stay at if u have bizniz
if u can pay with corp money
85 local money for a [--] espresso is over the top
only downside on this stay

great hotel

travel sertvice behind there

spa is superb

amazing hotel

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
NataliyaRomaniv, Public Relations Manager at Premier Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear Sir,
We are glad that you have a positive impression of our hotel. Thank you very much for your comments, we really appreciate it. We will be looking forward welcoming you back at the Premier Palace Hotel!

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Everything in this hotel is of a very high standard. Breakfast is served on the 8th floor with a great view of the city. The hotel is located a 5 minute walk from the Main Street in Kiev and everywhere else is very easily accessible.

There wasn't a single need that the hotel staff did not attend to. Although very serious at all times the staff were professional and efficient. The food was excellent and room very comfortable with cleaning every day. Even disinfecting the bathroom daily!

Absolutely no complaints - lovely hotel lovely decor lovely staff - everything you could wish for and more.

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Sir / Madam,
On behalf of the Hotel Management let me thank you for your truly precious comment. We are looking forward to welcoming you at Premier Palace not for a once!

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Luxury and very modern hotel, downtown Kiev, where I spent 3 nights for work.
Several restaurants exist in the hotels, with different elevators allowing to access to them: first evening, it took me 10 minutes to find the right elevetor in order to go to the right restaurant where we agreed to meet with a colleague
Rooms are big, clean, peacful and well equipped, but rather impersonnel like in so many new similar hotels.
Fitness center is modern with many equipments, so worth to spend some time there.
Breakfast is really exceptional with a large choice of many dishes; so forecast sufficient time to spend there.
All prices are stratospheric, so I wouldn't spend so much moneyin this hotel if I had to come back for hollidays in Kiev.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This was my second stay at the premier palace and I must say that I was VERY dissapointed this time round.

On my arrival, the staff took it upon themselves to block 1000euros on my card for "extra services". This remained blocked until I left and I was not able to use it towards the hotel bill.

My business partner and I were having trouble using our bank cards because of the fact we were in the ukraine, so our banks were blocking our cards.

The hotel then took it upon itself to block our room cards so we couldn´t get back into our rooms (to call our banks!) and refused to let my business partner leave the hotel....

They called it "protocol"..I called it complete lack of understanding and service and the whole experience left us feeling like second class citizens when actually we were there for the second time and spend a lot of our hard earnt money using the spa, room services etc.

This hotel has the potential to be great, but until someone from their HR department realises that there is a big difference between "protocal" and real "customer service" the hotel will fail to impress and lose customers who regularly come to kiev on business such as I.

Room Tip: go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank DavideMarbella
NataliyaRomaniv, Public Relations Manager at Premier Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Dear Sir,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on your stay in our hotel.
We regret that in contradistinction to your previous stay that left such good memories this visit you have experienced some inconvenience. Please kindly let us assure all the blockings are being approved by the guest’s signature and are not being made without guest’s permission. An amount for the accommodation can be preauthorized on a guest’s credit card without his signature only if he has an online booking with a special non-refundable rate. During booking a room at this rate a guest is being informed that the hotel is going to block an amount for the accommodation in advance. As for the key-card being blocked let us assure you that our hotel does not have such a practice. Is that possible that you could have a reservation for a certain amount of days that has been prolonged during your stay? In this case only the key-card automatically stops working on the date of your planned check out. A guest should just change the key as he changes his departure date.
In order to clear out your particular case we kindly ask you to contact our PR manager (pr@premier-palace.com) or Guest Relations Manager (grm@premier-palace.com) and inform us about the dates of your stay. We would appreciate your answer at your earliest convenience aiming to clarify this misunderstanding.
We thank you once again for reporting this issue and are intended to trace each and every detail to make the situation very clear.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I was here early December 2012 for a business trip. The hotel is located within the downtown area. It's close to restaurants and shops. The room comes with a free buffet breakfast. The breakfast had a good spread, it's almost like a brunch menu. The staff were friendly and everyone spoke/understood English, so it wasn't hard to ask questions.

The room was spacious. The high ceiling made the room look even bigger than it is.

The hotel has a good work out area and spa.

I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms in the front have balconies and are facing the street. My co-workers said that they didn...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear Sir,
Thanks a lot for providing your kind feedback. With a pleasure I'll tell to F&B Department about your high opinion concerning breakfast.
And the high ceiling is one of the advantages of the Premier Palace Hotel, thank you for noticing this.
We do thank you for choosing the Premier Palace Hotel while in Kyiv and we hope very much to see you again.