“Good hotel and a very good value”
Review of Premier Hotel Rus

Premier Hotel Rus
Ranked #15 of 112 Hotels in Kiev
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I stayed at the Hotel Rus for about 9 days in October, 2013, prior to taking the train to Nikolaev. The Hotel Staff was friendly and helpful. The front desk folks seemed a little arrogant, but this was mainly due to there youth and maybe a little bias against Americans. I asked one man (kid) at the front desk for assistance in getting a taxi and he basically ignored me. I'm sure I wouldn't have received that same treatment if I spoke Russian or was an attractive female:) Also, DO NOT get a taxi from the front desk. You will pay 4 times more than if you flag down a taxi off the main street. I made this mistake once and you shouldn't repeat my folly. Anyway, the breakfasts were very tasty and filling. I just love breakfast so this was a special treat for me. The variety was awesome!! Get to breakfast early though, as the best foods are picked over quickly and you want to be the early bird and get the best quality and the freshest food. I really enjoyed the hotel bar on the 1st floor. The bartenders in the bar across from the breakfast area are extremely friendly and always served the best beers and mixed drinks. Also, the food is good but a little expensive from the bar. The women in the bar are very friendly and beautiful. They reminded me of the women at the bars in Las Vegas:) The Hotel staff is very honest and trustworthy. One time, I left my credit card in the ATM by accident and a hotel staff member came up to my room to give me my card back. I was very impressed with his integrity. All in all, I would definitely return to the Rus and stay as long as I could. It is a good hotel and you won't go broke staying there. Also, it's a good little walk to Kreschatyk Street and all the underground shopping under Liberation Square (Maidan). I have not been there since the protests and rioting though so I am not sure if all of the shops are still open.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the upper floors. The views of the football stadium and the buildings around t...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
RusAccordHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Premier Hotel Rus, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2014

Dear Guest,
On behalf of the entire team let me express our sincere gratitude for You review. Thank You for mentioning our breakfast and the bar to be excellent ones, and the staff honest and friendly. At the same time, except my apologies for the behavior of the young men at reception. For the newly comer it is sometimes difficult to fill the spirit of the hospitality we all live here. Any way, we would be happy to accommodate You one more time. Let me know about Your future visit, so I could do my best to arrange it being pleasant.

Best regards,
Tatiana Kolyadyuk,
Guest relation manager

Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

Great staff. Friendly people. Minor taxi rip off if you use the hotel desk...you feel bled not pillaged though so its tolerable for the ease factor.

Everything else oozed averageness.

From it's imposing Soviet construction and tiny lifts, the lack of space for an open suitcase, the enormous conference hall for a buffet breakfast...it's hard to think of anywhere I've been with as little ambiance.

It's not even Soviet chic...more like 1995 Ikea rooms meet 1955 stone lobby and get remodelled in 1967 with lots of wood. Just seethingly mundane.

In resort style there is a resident bureau de change, a spa and a strip bar too.

The rooms must be the biggest remaining collection of 14 inch CRT TVs in the world.
it's totally tolerable but I won't be mentioning this hotel to anyone. Not a good word. Not a bad word.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sebmack

Dear Guest.
Thank You for finding time to write about You experience of staying at Rus Accord hotel. Critical notes are always useful to improve what can be improved quickly and to plan the improvement of what is the question of time and opportunities. Rus hotel is the hotel which was built to the Olympic Games 1979, that is the reason of its building style being up to that period. But the style of its staff training is up to the latest trends in the hospitality industry, as the hotel is under the command of the progressive and contemporary company Premier International – the leader in Ukrainian hospitality industry. At the same time, there are plenty of newly built hotels all over the world, with the same constructions and facilities, and there is a unique possibility to fill the spirit of the country which does not exist, enjoying the friendly and trained staff.
I would be glad to help You with the reservation for Your next visit, as I believe You will give us a chance to change Your impressions.

Best regards,
Tatiana Kolyadyuk,
Guest relation manager

Reviewed June 9, 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights for work. The hotel is perfectly adequate for a business stay, but there is nothing special about it. I stayed one night in a standard room and four nights in a business class room. Despite a business class room being an almost 50% increase in price from the standard room, I noticed absolutely no difference. Both rooms are exactly the same size, which is to say they are both quite small. Someone said that the business class rooms had recently been refurbished, but again, I saw no difference.

The breakfast is fine - a range of items to choose from a buffet, but no healthy options. Coffee is only available through the coffee machines, and every morning there was a significant queue, meaning I usually just opted for tea.

The location is good - the hotel is within easy walking distance of the centre and numerous restaurants. We felt very safe walking in this area, even late at night, and had absolutely no trouble.

There is free wifi, but it works better in one end of the building than the other. I usually had to go sit outside the elevators or in the lobby for better wifi reception.

Room Tip: No difference between the standard and business class rooms - don't bother paying the higher pri...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank DP301
RusAccordHotel, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at Premier Hotel Rus, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for reviewing your stay at Rus Accord Hotel.
Unfortunately we cant increase the area of our rooms but we tried to compensate this by excellent service and creating an atmosphere of comfort. It is pleasant to know that you enjoyed our breakfasts and location.
Difference between business and standard rooms are on equipments and quality of furniture. Thank you once again for staying with Rus Accord Hotel! We look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Stayed three days there, seems a bit expensive for overall service provided. Situated at the center of Kiev, very nice panorama views. Very funny strip-bar on the 2-nd floor :) Personnel is very polite. Do not order taxi from the hotel, price is three or four times more, than on usual taxi in the city!!!

Room Tip: try to choose the room on the floor higher than 10-th floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 4, 2014

The location of the hotel is great - it is in walking distance to the city centre and out of the main roads. Front desk staff is professional, selection of food for breakfast wide enough. The hotel rooms are so small that the double room I stayed in was overcrowded even when occupied only by myself. I just kept bumping to something (even being a teetotaller). The hotel is rather out of fashion - you can see the signs of ageing everywhere (old tv, furniture, even air has a tinge of age). It definetely needs renovation. I would recomend the hotel to everybody who is not picky and wants to be close to the city centre.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
RusAccordHotel, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at Premier Hotel Rus, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing your opinion with us. We apologize for the inconveniences you had to experience. We are working on the reconstruction of our rooms.
And thank you for good feedback about our service and breakfasts I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Rus Accord Hotel.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

I just stayed one night but I was very pleased with the facilities, location (metro station very near as well as the Gulliver shopping center), staff (friendly and good English) and the breakfast that offers you many choices. Although it is a big hotel the environment (at least at my floor, 11th.) was calm and I had a great night of sleep. All in all an excellent cost/benefit ratio.

Room Tip: If possible, try to get upper floors
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
RusAccordHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Premier Hotel Rus, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2014

Dear guest,
I cannot thank you enough for the very kind words you took the time to write following your recent stay at Rus Accord Hotel. We were delighted that you found your whole experience during your stay to your liking. Thank you very much for great feedback about our service and breakfasts. Hope to see you soon at Rus Accord Hotel!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

If your are a fun of modern design it is not a hotel for you! But it is well located, with a nice view from upper floor. The rooms are simple but clean. Breakfast is huge, a lot to choose, from sweet to sour. The price is reasonable to the quality.
Rooms are quite although shades in the windows are not to good.

Room Tip: Above 10th floor - ask for room number ending by 2 or 4 - nice city view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
RusAccordHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Premier Hotel Rus, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for reviewing your stay and your kind words regarding our hotel. It is pleasant to know that you enjoyed our breakfasts, rooms and location. Thank you once again for staying with Rus Accord Hotel! We look forward to welcoming you again!