“Excellent value for money and fantastic staff”
Review of Holiday Inn Kiev

Holiday Inn Kiev
Ranked #12 of 111 Hotels in Kiev
Larnaka City, Cyprus
“Excellent value for money and fantastic staff”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Perfect for business with staff that seem to rotate in and out from the luxury Intercontinental property in Kyiv of the same group. This means you get better service that you would expect from a stand alone hotel. New build, comfortable rooms, great internet. Fab Georgian restaurant in the park next door.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank charlesp
cairnsjm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kiev, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Dear Charlesp

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor and give us a 5 star rating. We very much appreciate you kind comments regarding our team, our comfortable rooms and our complimentary internet service.

Hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next visit to Kyiv.

Best regards, John Cairns.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rishon Lezion, Israel
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Just came back from 2 nights in Kiev - my first visit there. I chose to stay at the Holiday Inn because it's close to where I had to attend meetings, and was recommended by my host as a comfortable hotel.

Now, the Holiday Inn isn't a "luxury" hotel - not a 5 star all-included club or anything of the sort. What it is, is a pristine, new business hotel. Unimposing and unintrusive, it's got everything the business traveller needs done to perfection:

The location is great, being close to public transport, main roads and plenty of shopping and dining opportunities, while being just a bit off centre to avoid the bustle and traffic.
The hotel is absolutely spotless. You can feel it's brand new out of a catalogue, and the room was so tastefully designed and so clean I didn't wanna leave.
You get all the amenities you need - high speed WiFi connection everywhere in and around the hotel, very efficient laundry service, pleasant & professional staff who speak fluent English, and the room is fully equipped - a selection of soft or hard pillows, smart TV, a small refrigerator and tea pot with tea & coffee, plenty of storage space, a desk to work at and so on. Even the shampoo / shower gel's smell was spot on - not the crammy little bottles you usually get but a quality product that ensures you don't need to carry toiletries with you.
It's worth noting the that rooms aren't very big - they are meant to provide a comfortable stay/sleep, not to hang out in all day long. The room was also really quiet and with heavy curtains to block the sun in case of sleeping in late.
Something to consider was that the mattress might be a bit on the soft side - I liked it because it's similar to what I have at home, but for some it might be too soft (maybe someone older or with back problems).

There's a fitness center which I didn't use, sadly no swimming pool or spa but I guess most guests there wouldn't have the time to use these anyway.

Breakfast wasn't cheap but was very tastefully made, fresh, with a wide selection and never too busy. The items were pretty much the same on both days, and probably don't change much so if you're staying for over a week you might get tired of it, but since they make eggs on order and have lots of other options I think it'll satisfy all but the most picky guests.

I intend on staying at the Holiday Inn Kiev on all subsequent business trips there, and would positively consider it even for private travel. Really enjoyed every bit of my stay and I can easily recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: I stayed at room 919 (9th floor of 10) - it faced northward towards the city center and as such had...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Moti_Granovsky
cairnsjm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kiev, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Moti_Granovsky

We were all delighted to read your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. Thank you very much for posting such a comprehensive report on your stay with us and for recommending us to future travellers to the city.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Kiev on your future business trips.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 11, 2014

The Holiday Inn Kiev is a really fantastic hotel! The staff is the best part - very well trained and extremely helpful and attentive. Excellent staff in the restaurant and bar too. Kiev was a little chaotic and not so friendly, so the hotel was a welcome oasis. It is modern, very clean, excellent room, and much better than expected. The location is not ideal, since it is somewhat removed from the major tourist sites. The staff arranged our pick up at the airport (via email), a private driver to the Lavra, and a driver to take us to the airport. The staff spoke English fluently, which was also really great. This felt like a 4-5 star resort!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank ChazInLA
Dear ChazinLA

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of our hotel in TripAdvisor. We were all very pleased to read of your wonderful comments on our staff and service. We all hope that you enjoyed you trip, especially the Lavra which is one of our major attractions.

Once again thank you for the review. Hopefully we may have the pleasure of hosting you on a future stay in our city.

Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Good business hotel with good breakfast and excellent in-room wifi. Great Georgian restaurant in the park one block away. Location a bit away from Maidan, Khreschatyk Street, Old Town, Bessarabia Square but within short cab ride. Metro stop a few blocks away. English-speaking staff is helpful and well-trained.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
cairnsjm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kiev, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Alanfriedman

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay on TripAdvisor. We were very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and found out team helpful and well trained. We were also pleased to read that you had a good breakfast and an excellent WiFi experience.

Plaquemine, Louisiana
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed our stay here at Holiday Inn Kiev. The staff were all very pleasant, most helpful and all spoke English. The front desk staff arranged for our taxi to sightsee the Lavra and our return to the airport. You can pay cash to the driver which is less expensive or charge it to your room for convenience. Cocktails with local vodka are cheaper than Perrier water! No complaints with our stay here. One hint, if you go out in the morning, hang your card requesting room clean up or you might be missed. It is off the beaten path so not to close to walk to the main sights but metro is 10-15 minute walk away.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank madeleine s
cairnsjm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kiev, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear madeleine s

We were very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff all very pleasant and helpful. Thank you for taking the time to share this on TripAdvisor.

I am sure that you enjoyed your sightseeing trip to the Lavra, one of the leading religious and cultural focal points of Eastern Europe. Hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit to the city.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

I cannot praise this hotel enough. The staff are fantastic. Friendly, incredibly helpful and very efficient. For example I needed a business shirt laundering unexpectedly ; it was done in 2 hours for a very reasonable rate, the guy who ran the laundry coming personally to my room to collect it. When my wife was trying to get hold of me because of the trouble in Eastern Ukraine the reception lady reassured her she had seen me and all was well and made a point of telling me to ring home as soon as we if arrived back at the hotel. Clean. Modern, excellent free wifi, good food and reasonable rates. I even noticed the Scottish hotel manager going round various guests at breakfast introducing himself and checking they were happy. Excellent.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Zulusthousandsofem
cairnsjm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kiev, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Zulusthousandsofem

Thank you for taking your time to write of your experience during your recent stay. We were all very proud to read your very positive comments on the team and service. Thank you also for highlighting the special attention from Simeon in the laundry and Olga on Reception. They were very happy to have been recognised for their personal care.
Once again thank you for your review, we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next trip to Kiev.

Depok, Indonesia
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I have stayed twice in Holiday Inn Kiev. Both stays are terrific. The hotel itself still new and the rooms are clean. The staffs are friendly and their English are great.; their concierge is even more helpful since Oleg is aware of local area of the hotel. Both of my stays were upgraded to Executive room due to Platinum status.

I have also stayed in Intercontinental Kiev. Both properties are great but I think that I would choose Holiday Inn Kiev rather than IC Kiev since it feels more homey in HI Kiev and not like under the business situation. There's a small park nearby to the hotel that was full of Ukrainian students enjoying their free time so I really enjoyed walking from the hotel to the metro station since you can feel the local atmosphere.

The breakfast in HI Kiev is also great. I love their cupcakes during their breakfast which I really missed until today.

During my second stay in Kiev where I failed to board on the plane. I decided to book HI Kiev again and the reception still remember me then they were all sympathetic to me for what I have encountered in the airport. The GM also suddenly appeared and also really sympathetic for me. I got early check-in which I really appreciated and upgraded again to the Executive room. It seemed that was very busy for them on that day since there was a conference but I really appreciated for those kind sympathetic attitude from the GM and the staffs which make the differences.

I was not surprised that the hotel was awarded as Top 25 Hotel in Ukraine by tripadvisor since they are deserved for it. Thank you Holiday Inn Kiev !

Room Tip: Ask room on the higher floor, it has beautiful view to the city
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank virtualaris
Dear Virtualaris

Thank you very much for writing a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. We feel very proud that you rate us as your preferred hotel in the city due to the homey atmosphere. We also appreciate you kind comments regarding our friendly team and the concierge services of Oleg.
We all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on a future trip to our beautiful city, and we will of course ensure we have a steady supply of cupcakes to accompany your breakfast.