“Beautiful Hotel with Exceptional Service”

Fairmont Grand Hotel Kyiv
Ranked #3 of 111 Hotels in Kiev
Toronto, Canada
“Beautiful Hotel with Exceptional Service”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I stayed at this hotel in November of 2013. Right from the start of my stay to the end, it was a fantastic experience. I have stayed at Fairmont properties across the world but have never experienced this level of service in any of my stays.

The check-in was smooth and the hotel had upgraded me to the a river view suite, which was remarkable and gorgeous. The person at the front-desk escorted me to my room and showed me around. The room itself was huge, spacious and extremely elegant. I could live there forever !!

I celebrated my birthday during my stay at hotel. While dining in the bar/lounge, they brought out a nice desert with a candle. And after that, right until checkout, I was wished a Happy Birthday. This takes service to the next level. Even my colleagues that came to visit me during my stay were astounded by the property and the service. They was pleasantly amazed at what they saw and how they were treated. I am sure they are now believers of the experience that Fairmont offers. I thank the staff at the hotel for making my birthday very special.

Room Tip: You can enjoy cigars and sheesha in the lounge. It doesnt get too smooky in there while you eat.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
FairmontKyiv, Manager at Fairmont Grand Hotel Kyiv, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear jahuja,
Thank you very much for taking your time and writing a response on TripAdvisor! All of us at the hotel are very happy that you enjoyed your stay! Indeed the rooms at the hotel are so outstanding - spacious and luxurious - that many guests love this comfort. It is great to hear that your birthday went in a very festive manner. Of course it is our privilege to make your special day very special - we are glad it happened exactly so.

Thank you and we are looking forward to seeing you again at Fairmont Grand Hotel Kyiv!

Sales and Marketing team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kiev
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Over the years I have had the pleasure of staying at the original Fairmont Grand Hotel on Nob Hill in San Francisco many times. I have never been disappointed and had only the very highest possible levels of luxury in both service and accommodations at that location.

When my wife and I were married in December of last year, due to many mitigating circumstances, we were simply unable to take a honeymoon. In lieu of going abroad, I had offered to take her anywhere in Ukraine for a short "honeymoon" and asked her where she would like to go. Her immediate answer was, based on all my comments about it; "The Fairmont Grand!" Yet, even with its relatively close proximity, time constraints due to work, didn't even allow for that. I promised I would take her, though...sometime.

So, this year I kept that promise for our anniversary and I have to tell you, this property in Kyiv maintains the ideal I have always expressed: "The Fairmont Grand Hotels always define absolute 'luxury'!!" The staff and service are simply amazing. I pre-ordered long-stem red roses for my wife to be in the room on arrival..they were, and were superb. The front office manager knew it was our long-awaited honeymoon and she upgraded us to a full one-bedroom suite, had a bottle of very exquisite wine sent to the room along with strawberries dipped in chocolate for my wife, a 'wedding parfait" with white chocolate wedding rings, and a handmade personal card wishing us a long and happy marriage signed by the entire staff. They also decorated the bed with a heart shaped by red rose pedals. Superb, simply superb. This is what defines excellence in hotels...the best of the best.

We have stayed at other 5 star hotels all throughout Europe, but when I asked my wife what she thought, she replied, "Being at the Fairmont is like being in another world. Everything you need is here...absolutely everything. The room is so completely luxurious, even the bathroom is like something in a palace; the service is unbelievable, the food is simply amazing..It is like being in another time/space continuum, surreal....it is truly the finest hotel I have ever been in in my life."

Need I say more?

Room Tip: There currently is a very unfortunate major highway construction project underway just outside the h...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

FairmontKyiv, Manager at Fairmont Grand Hotel Kyiv, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear EurotravelersKiev,
It is extremely nice to read your story and how much the hotel played in making your special time together so special. Thank you for all good words! All of us here are looking forward to welcoming you again at Fairmont Grand Hotel Kyiv. Happy New Year and Merry Christmas!
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Superb hotel in a convenient location. Top notch. Highly recommended. Staff was very helpful. Fantastic breakfast and an impressive Sunday brunch that should not be missed. A super comfortable room. Will stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank ephlis01
FairmontKyiv, Manager at Fairmont Grand Hotel Kyiv, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear ephlis01,

Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing your experience with TripAdvisor!

We are happy you liked our food and beverage services. We try to be different in offerings but very consistent in high quality and style.

Please visit us again!

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed December 12, 2013

excellent hotel great view and amazing service. no shady stuff. I was in the executive floor and the services there are worth the extra payment. The gym is good enough, breakfast was really excellent and the complimentary lounge on the 11th floor has great drinks

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Sagi S,

We are delighted to receive your review on TripAdvisor. Many thanks for appreciating our services and views from the hotel.

The Fairmont Gold team is glad you liked their attention and care.

We are looking forward to seeing you again at the hotel on your next trip to Kiev!

Thank you!

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed November 18, 2013

A majestic hotel with a splendid view over the Dnipro river. The rooms are extremely specious and luxurious, almost got lost in the bathroom;). The vintage Cocktail bar is a real bijou. They have a great selection of classic cocktails and specialties. I was really impressed to learn that many of the ingredients are homemade and spirits are infused with special flavors by the bar tender… definitely not to miss. Also check out the Atrium with the Art Nouveau ceiling and feel like being back in the Belle Epoque. Very friendly staff. One can feel the young spirit of this hotel despite the historic architecture… a perfect combination.

• Stayed November 2013
FairmontKyiv, Manager at Fairmont Grand Hotel Kyiv, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear EliLuk,

Thank you very much for visiting the hotel and leaving such positive feedback. We are delighted that you noticed the grandeur of the architecture.

Indeed our award-winning barmen at Vintage Cocktail Bar are working on the making the guests' experience unforgettable by offering top class cocktails.

We look forward to your next visit.

paris
Reviewed November 16, 2013

This hotel was extremely welcoming and friendly.Anna at reception desk -a sparkling diamond on the Fairmont crown!! Always helpful and exstremely professional!!. Every where in this hotel was beautifully furnish and decorated, and very very clean. my room looked out over the river, unfortunately, there are road works at the moment, but didn't disturb us at all. I want a bathroom the same as in this hotels, loved it! Loved the breakfast, such a choice! Great location for sightseeing and very near to the Metro. Would highly recommend this beautiful hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank dtshura
Dear dtshura,

Thank you for taking your time and reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor. Our colleagues are all happy to hear your feedback - Front Office team, Housekeeping team and Food & Beverage team. We forward your comment to Anna, she is always there to be with guests.

Should you have another reason to come to Kiev, we will be glad to take your moments into memories at Fairmont Grand Hotel Kyiv.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 13, 2013

The General Manager of the Fairmont in Kiev has every right to be extremely proud of his staff. They are, without any exceptions, friendly (without being obsequious) attentive and hugely helpful. Standards are set high - and maintained throughout. The Chef deserves a medal, the rooms are extremely comfortable, and the superb barman at the Vintage taught me how to make the best Vodka martini ever. It works at home as swell, trust me! Everyone makes you feel as if they were there just for you. If other hotels lived up to this uniformly high standard, travel would always be a complete joy. My sincere congratulations. Just one thing niggled - perhaps there might be a better place (and a much more roomy one) for the poor soul who deals with currency exchange? Having to work in a space that a battery hen would find disagreeable is just not on.

Room Tip: Upper floors are better - away from the immediate view of the ludicrously placed flyover.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Dear yorkieman8,

We are glad to hear from you on the pages of TripAdvisor. Thank you very much for putting such a high grade to our colleagues and services.

Our colleagues are very passionate about their work, and it is always pleasant to hear that guests feels the warmth and see the professionalism.

Be our guests whenever you decide to come to Ukraine again!