“Magnificent staying”

Fairmont Grand Hotel Kyiv
Ranked #6 of 112 Hotels in Kiev
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We've known this Canadian brand because my husband from Canada. But everything was over unexpected! We are impresed by interior decorations and interior design and thankful to everybody from the staff. Servise and comfort were exellent. It seemed all staff were just waiting for your - so fast and professional they are: Front Office, Concierge Service, Dining Service From the begining they were known our requirement before we say something. Very clean and safe place. We had appartments twice in September 2013 on 9th (Standart) and on 4th (Lux) floor - any difference in service, only size of the appt, one room and two rooms, everywhere beautiful river view, cilence. And very convenient location of the Hotel -in the center of Kiev.
We wanna give respect to the cuisine too: perfect. Several restourants (one - is the best in Ukraine), every dish is specialty.
We want to say Thanks Words to the Front Office Supervisor Aleksandr Nikolaiev: we received very pleasure surprises and gifts to our Wedding!!! How he knew? I think he can listen and remembers everything, he is attentive to the guests.

1  Thank Vita S

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Room was so comfortable, feel like house as of furnitures, size of the room and the staff so qualified and helpful ...Bed was great and I had one of my best sleep :) Great brunch at the weekend against the river view. No elevator waiting even busy hours. A pool would be great for sure and dry sauna was out of order.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Ali A
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Service and comfort, both were excellent, glad to rate it true 5 start hotel. I would strongly suggest to stay at this place if visiting Kiev for comfort, security and service. River view from the hotel room is amazing.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank RAJIV A
Reviewed October 7, 2013

It was our first time in Kiev, as we came to the Ukraine to seek out where my Dad was born and miraculously found first cousins that I did not know I had. The Farimont was our last stop and it was the best! We were lucky enough to be on the gold floor where the service was fabulous. Claudia in the kitchen could not do enough for us, as were the girls at the desk. Thank you for making our stay so memorable
Patty Cleall

Room Tip: Ask for the river side
1  Thank Patricia C
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Service and comfort were both excellent. At all times, staff were friendly,kind and good humoured .Each day, we were helped into our taxi and welcomed back by one of the two doormen who were on duty during our visit (either Vladimir or Sergei.) The concierge and reception staff were helpful and informative at all times. We were also impressed with James Taylor,the Front Office Manager.In our experience of other Fairmont hotels, this level of personal service is a strong feature and it makes us more likely to choose a Fairmont hotel again. At the end, when settling the bill, we realised that we had both paid the driver and signed to the room account, the cost of a taxi , which it transpired was a hotel limousine. The misunderstanding was quickly rectified and the limousine fare removed from our account.
Our room was comfortable and spacious with a beautiful bathroom and large dressing area.There was an expresso machine for coffee as well as tea -making facilities. Fresh water was placed in the room every day. This may seem an obvious feature of a five-star hotel ,yet in our experience this is not always the case.
The buffet breakfast was extensive and the quality of service was excellent. One minor problem did occur on a day when the hotel was fully booked and the breakfast room was so crowded, that we were initially offered a table in the bar area, next to the snooker table. On our first evening, we ate at The Grill restaurant. Yes, it was expensive but the crab cakes were outstanding. The wine list did have some silly prices. Did we really see a Pinot Grigio at around £100 a bottle ? Nevertheless, this was a very good dining experience.
There are pluses and minuses about the location of this hotel .On tho positive side, it is over-looking the Dnieper river and we had a room on that side; Podil, which is where the hotel is located is an interesting and very old- part of Kiev; there are numerous bars and restaurants of all types just a short walk from the hotel.On the negative side,there are steep hills to climb in order to reach other major sights. The funicular railway was closed for maintenance during our stay so we relied on taxis- not too expensive.The massive road works and building programme ,just outside the hotel was the item which we disliked the most, as it restricted access to the river from the hotel and also to the hotel from the river.This is not the fault of the hotel staff but it might influence a decision to stay there at present .Hopefully the construction work will soon be complete.
On balance, this was an excellent experience and thanks to everyone there.

Room Tip: The construction work on the river side continues for twenty-four hours. This did not disturb us und...
1  Thank Traveller504175
Reviewed September 24, 2013

The hotel is absolutely beautiful and centrally located, one block from the Metro, so you can get anywhere in the city for about fifty cents in USD.

My room was a suite, which surprised me, and the view of the river was fantastic.

Also, it was about the most comfortable bed and linens of any hotel I've ever visited.

The breakfast buffet was huge and delicious, and they were able to accommodate my American need for Diet Coke as a breakfast drink.

Finally, it was the staff who made my visit to Kiev so wonderful. They were informative, helpful, friendly, and went above and beyond. I happened to have left my most important possession behind in the bathroom, and when I called, nearly in tears, they went, found it, and assured me that it would be returned. I have no doubt it will be.

Truly a great experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Mr Jamos Taylor you think to solve problem by your own way but when you see my email about your hotel in all online reservation sites and complainig sites you will understand what does it means to deceive and take innocent people's money..I dont know where you come from but you know how to follow ukranian way to deceivw your customers...This is not about money..iam a businessman who gives 2400 ukranian money for a one lunch 2 person meal in your hotel.. this is about a men's honor.. you try to make me stupied and this made me so angry.Now iam in reception and if you respond to my email negative.You will face a serious problem about negative information for your hotel...So tell me your view and decision about this event...

Decision is up to you!..

I stayed fairmont hotel the dates between 14.09 - 16.09.2013 For 2 night me and my business partner payed 1000 usd to hotel for 2 night stay. My business partner leaved hotel one day earlier because of his crucial meeting..When i applied to reception desk i learned that they take from us 1500 ukranian money eventhough my partner said to them that he wanted to enclose balance yesterday.they take 1500 ukranian money from us without our permission.After a time they told us they did not take the money they just blocked this money in our account.For this problem i spend 40 minutes and also i want my 1000 ukranian deposit from them..because it is my right.i had checked out..but they want deposit paper from me..

I do not have any information about paper...what paper??

After that time

One bellboy went to my room and he turned back with a few minutes..he said that in the room one cigarette is smoken in the room.. it is impossible becuase i did not smoke.And because of this event they want 2500 ukranian money punishment from me...And i really shocked!!

And reception front office manager called Mr. James Taylor come to near me and told me that you did not smoke in the room...so your punishment is just 1000 ukranian money so it is same as your deposit and we did not give this deposit to you!..

This hotels humiliating behaviour is really bad and now i warn all booking.com visitors and people who think to stay in FAIRMONT HOTEL KIEV. My suggestion to people is to find realiable and better hotel and never prefer to stay in this hotel !!!

• Stayed: September 2013