“Dockers ABC is great fun - a bit spit-&-sawdust, but a thoroughly good experience.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dockers ABC Art-Pub

Dockers ABC Art-Pub
Ranked #108 of 1,797 Restaurants in Kiev
Cuisines: Bar, European, Pub, Eastern European
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
New Malden, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

I've grown to love this quirky pub! I've been to Kyiv half a dozen times now, and this is the third or fourth time I've been to Dockers ABC - and the second time I've had what can only be described as "a big night out" there! Try and go when there's a band on - the atmosphere is great, really rocking. The staff, both bar and table, are cool and unpretentious, but very helpful. The food is good hearty stuff: I had a fry-up of pork, onions and chanterelle mushrooms this time, which was delicious, with hunks of bread to mop up the deliciousness. (Beware the big bits of fatty bacon in this dish - just a bit too countryside for my palate!) Pints of dark Ukrainian beer kept coming with a wave of the hand (I was sat at the bar). Don't forget that in Ukraine smoking is allowed in pubs and restaurants - although I found it smoky at first, I got used to it, and in the morning my jacket didn't smell too badly of cigarettes. No harm done. This is a real bolt-hole in this city; it's even gor free wi-fi, and there were Ukrainians on their iPads at the bar! For all that it seems a bit like one of those cod-Irish-pub type venues, it's not, it's Ukrainian through and through. Oh, and when you pay, if you leave them a decent tip (prices are still small by European standards), they ring a bell behind the bar in your honour! Made me feel like quite the Big Man In Town!!! lol... go on, pander to your ego a bit! See you in Dockers ABC, splashing the cash, then... :-)

• Visited October 2012