“Outstanding basic French fare...”

Tres FRANCAIS - restaurant & fromagerie
Ranked #16 of 1,993 Restaurants in Kiev
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 4, 2014

There are half a dozen outside tables. If you don't mind the bustle and cars, that can be fun. We sat there our first visit. Our second visit was in their informal dining room. The medium duck with potatoes and onion confit was exquisite. Try the lavender creme brûlée and the basil lemonaid!

It's very informal and the prices are reasonable but not as reasonable as some of the other restaurants in the area. Mains are around $10-20, drinks are around $5-8, desserts are $3-6.

Portions are not small by French restaurant standards.

There are newer reviews for Tres FRANCAIS - restaurant & fromagerie

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Perfect cosy and high quality restaurant. Just around the corner of the Maidan with good view on the Maidan. Professional, enthusiastic and friendly staff, who also speak French and English. French menu but with an original Ukrainean twist: we had never had a Salade Nicoise with ingredients like grapefruit and radish but oh, it was good. The croissants for breakfast were of good French quality, the scrambled eggs were of good English qualitiy, the orange juice freshly pressed :-) We had dinner here on our first night and couldn't resist coming back again for breakfast and drinks. We tried several other places but this is our number 1 in Kiev!

Reviewed May 9, 2014

Nice ambiance; despite being practically next to Independence square it didn't seem at all busy or crowded. The service was very prompt and efficient and the waiting staff spoke reasonable English. The food was delicious (I had duck) and the prices were very reasonable. If I was being picky I might say that the wine was a bit expensive, but this being Ukraine I guess you have to accept that good French wine will be a premium item (but the value of the food itself more than made up for this). Will definitely be visiting again if I'm in Kiev.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

The lovely place! This restaurant offers tasty low cost lunches from 12:00 till 16:00. I also have tried a very delicious duck.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Wonderful restaurant in Kiev. I have 2 excellent meal there.
I work as a journalist and I went there at late February 2014 during the Kiev Protest period.
Thank god I can have great food after work.....

1  Thank hopotak1979