“Cozy French place in Kiev”

Tres FRANCAIS - restaurant & fromagerie
Ranked #15 of 2,208 Restaurants in Kiev
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We visited this restaurant during our vacation in Ukraine. It seems the coziest place to have a diner with your friends once you're tired a little after going Kiev sightseeing. As French cuisine was one of my favourite I offered this to my friends and we didn't miss really. It was shady and cool at the upper hall and that's what we appriciated so much because of bright sunny weather. Our waitress was pleasant and smiley, and other staff looked very nice too. But the diner made our day though. The terrine was so good, as well as onion pie and cassoulet. My friends enjoyed their meals too and said that was one of the best little family-style restaurants in Eastern Europe they had ever been. Worth visiting!

1  Thank Mary M

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Tres Francais is my favorite restaurant in Kiev. Great atmosphere, so testy food, good service. This is something special. Recommend for all :)

Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Good choice of food and really French taste! In summer they have Mediterranean special fish, mussels, oysters etc menu!
Nice atmosphere, music and place to sit outside.

1  Thank JulietKa
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We went to celebrate my birthday with my husband. We chose the French cuisine as it is our favourite one. It was our first time however in this restaurant.
It was the end of March but it was unexpectedly cold and a lot of snow that day. It took us a while to get there and were really expecting the warm welcome, expecially on that day. So when we chose the table in the restaurant my husband told the waitress that it was my birthday. So she said that they would make a small gift for me - a desert, but I should decide on it later. We ordered dinner (soup, main dish, cheese plate) - the food was very good, no comments. Then the waitress said that unfortunately they had a short day (because of the snow) and had to close earlier. So it was a "kind" hint for us to eat and drink wine faster because they want to go home. (and no desert for free, of course). We wanted still to enjoy the wine, but suddenly we started to feel cold. Unbelievable!! the opened the doors to the restraurant to show us that it was time to leave. We couldn't stand that. So we asked for the bill. And, guess what, no discount, no special gift to apologise and to congratulate me with my b-day. I think that's really the worst service in such class of restaurant that I've ever had... Don't want to go back anymore...

2  Thank Alevtyna
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We were staying at a B&B close to this little French restaurant. It is a jewel of an eatery. We were so delighted with it that we went there twice. The food is delicious and freshly prepared. It is also quite reasonably priced for the quality you receive. A complete lunch for two ran about $45. One of us had a superb cassoulet and the other a gorgeous breast of duck with onion confiture and mashed potatoes served in three different ways. This was topped off with creme brulee - vanilla and ginger. Everything was beautifully prepared and a delight to consume! Bon appetit!

1  Thank costaricajoan