“My new favorite place in Kiev”

Tres FRANCAIS - restaurant & fromagerie
Ranked #16 of 1,934 Restaurants in Kiev
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Boston, Massachusetts
“My new favorite place in Kiev”
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I were walking down the Kreschatik, when we suddenly realized we haven't had fondue for quite a while. Très Français happened to be the nearest place serving fondue and we both heard some positive comments about it.
The fine hostess showed us around giving us some details on different rooms. All of the rooms were quite cozy and did look French, and the personnel all were very welcoming.
Our fondue had just the right mix of cheeses and the serving was ample for two of us.
As for the wine, the one we ordered was out of stock, so the waiter recommended a different one: it seemed, the young man sounded somewhat unconfident, so I expected a drink that wouldn't really go with fondue. Well, it definitely wasn't the best choice, but the wine itself was delicious.
I really wanted to taste their desserts, so we ordered a chocolate fondant for myself and a cheesecake Provençal for my lady. The cheesecake boasted mascarpone, but to my tongue it tasted like the generic Ukrainian farm-cheese. The fondant was absolutely awesome, on the other hand.
Indeed, having a meal with some wine would require to separate transaction if you're paying with plastic, so if you have a problem with that, just grab some extra cash before you go there.
Très Français also have a selection of cheeses and some other French goods for sale.

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very nice”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Very romantic place :) with nice music and delicious wine..
Staff very kind, and always help you to make right chose.

“great!”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Romantic atmosphere, very nice staff and delicious food. Always have unexpected pleasant surprises for guests

Kyiv, Kyyivs'ka Oblast', Ukraine
“Nice French atmosphere”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised with the atmosphere and a cozy French cramped placement of tables inside.
Not really cheap but tasty dishes.
Especially I would recommend cheesecake, pumpkin soup and of course desserts.

“Fantastique!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This restaurant certainly became my favourite in the city. The entire ambiance, including food, beverages, service, music, decorations is absolutely fabulous, making you feel like you actually attend Parisian restaurant somewhere in Ile-de-France. Plus, they always have some events or offers, which they inform you about by sending a message. All the friends I ever brought in love it and say its a fantastic value for its price, especially being situated in a very centre of the city.