“Above and beyond”

The Hub Kyiv Hostel
Ranked #123 of 391 Specialty Lodging in Kiev
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Staff is great, super friendly. The Hub was always my home away from home when in Kyiv! Rissana and her staff always go out of their way to help travelers, even with language troubles. They all speak excellent English, which is a help in Ukraine still-they even would order food for me!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mary-Kathryn H
There are newer reviews for The Hub Kyiv Hostel

Reviewed October 8, 2013

This place has everything: cheap, nice rooms; a great location not too far from the central train station; and really sweet folks running it. There's a real community feel where people from all over hang out. just a real hip place to chill out and a great base for exploring Kyiv.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have had the pleasure of staying at The Hub in its old & new location, during on & off peak times, as a customer & as an acquaintance so I feel confident in my review as I have seen it at work in a variety of ways. Rissana and her crew of friendly, diligent, thoughtful, knowledgeable workers go above and beyond their obligations to ensure that everyone has a pleasant time in their hostel and Kyiv by extension. They do a great job at understanding that every traveler is different and the need for a wide ranging choice of amenities and activities. Having them around is like having your own travel guide book, except that books don't answer follow-up questions, so imo theyre even better!
It is a great place to meet other travelers from around the world as well as local, open minded english speaking Ukrainians. The kitchen and living area is always a lively scene and where everyone gathers for common social gatherings. It is a very relaxed atmosphere and everyone always gets along while sharing stories and food from all around the world.
They provide an excellent level of professionalism when it comes to tending to your needs, especially considering the reasonable rates at which the average traveler is spending on a bed in this clean hostel. And the most important thing is that they are never happy with staying still, instead always working on making it that much better, one day at a time.
When I first came to Kyiv, I picked a random hostel to stay at, but am I glad that I picked the Hub, because although there are other hostels in Kyiv, there was never a need for me to look for another one.
If you are looking for a hostel to book your Kyiv adventure, look no further than the Hub. Cant wait to be back

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Peter V
Reviewed September 1, 2013

had an amazing experience at the hub! not only the hostel was very nice and clean and safe, people there are truly amazing. they've answered all of my questions about Kyiv, before directing me to a restaurant receptionist asked me what i like to eat, what is my budget and even how far i'm willing to walk! as a result i've had an excellent dinner! plus i was picked up at the airport by a very nice driver who was waiting for me with a name plate for a very competitive price. i highly recommend this hostel to all coming to Kyiv!

Room Tip: single room is great: cheaper then regular double bed and is much more convenient then a dorm
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Lived there for a long time, everything was great for me. Plenty of space, nice and helpful staff, a lot of options how to spend an evening etc. Would definetely recommend it to my friends and travellers.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Great for Peace Corps volunteers -- great discount. I was there while they were renovating the kitchen, so I look forward to seeing the place when it's complete. It seems to attract a random mix of foreigners and Ukrainians. Overall good experience -- very close to train station.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 24, 2013

There are few places in the world that can offer either quality hospitality, good prices, or competitive beer pong - and the Hub is somehow able to manage all three. The staff are absolutely wonderful, offering both a warm welcome and guidance through the city, and the extracurriculars - beer pong, crawls, beersbee - can make any weary traveler feel welcome. Next time I come to Kyiv, I'm crashing at the Hub. Couldn't have asked for more. Couldn't have had a better time there. Even Clementine was wonderful.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends