“For an upscale hotel, it's average” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of ALFAVITO HOTEL

ALFAVITO HOTEL
Ranked #11 of 111 Hotels in Kiev
Miami
“For an upscale hotel, it's average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

Compared to hotels in general, it's very good. Compared to other upscale hotels, it's average. Alfavito is a good hotel - not great, not bad. Best thing I can say is that I would go back. Rooms are ok. Breakfast buffet is ok. Location not so great - not like Premier Palace or Hyatt, but the prices are also not like Premier Palace or Hyatt, But there are some strange petty things that make me crazy - like at breakfast, when you I asked for Tabasco sauce and put 2 shakes on my plate, they wanted to charge me for that. I told the manager to take it off the bill - he said no, then I said to get the hotel manager and he said he'd pay it. I think he was expecting me to feel sorry for him and say "never mind." I said "ok" and walked away. Breakfast buffet is about $20 - I'm not paying extra for Tabasco sauce on my eggs.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Oleg_Nesvirskyy, Manager at ALFAVITO HOTEL, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear visitor,

We appreciate you for a such objective review!
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay.
Please, excuse us for the misunderstanding during your breakfast. No additional charges for a such orders will be applied in future.
Thank you, one more time, for choosing Alfavito Hotel! Hope to see you again during your next visit to Kiev.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

I stayed in Alfavito for 3 nights, got this hotel booked by occasion, was frightened by its strange name and didn't expect much. However, was extremely surprised after my very first steps inside.

Pros:
- exquisite interiors and cozy rooms, clean and fresh new
- extremely fast, friendly and helpful personnel worth 5* hotel - a complete surprise!
- excellent breakfast with excellent servuce
- quiet area and excellent quality of sleep
- good value for money

Cons:
- location is 3 minute walking distance from metro, however it will take you some 15-20 minutes to get to downtown.
- no swimming pool or spa

Would definitely stay there next time. Beyond comparison with any Holiday Inn or similar 4* international hotel chains.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Oleg_Nesvirskyy, Manager at ALFAVITO HOTEL, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Alfavito hotel among all other hotels in Kiev! All our team is pleased to read your wonderful review. Friendly staffs, excellent service are our highest priorities and it is always pleasant to be praised for that. We are also very happy that you were comfortable in your room and you enjoyed a good breakfast. Alfavito team trusts that we can look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

I chose this Hotel based on the positive reviews on Expedia.com. I stayed in there for 2 nights and was glad to check out again.

The hotel lets out a function hall for an additional income. When I arrived there, they had a party in full swing and I could hear cheesy techno music until the early hours of the morning.

The security guards are soviet police type who try to make money out of innocent tourists. I remember a tourist who tried to bring dinner guests into the hotel and was interrogated by the security guards who backed off as soon as he handed some cash.

When I complained about this to the manager, he asked me for my room number. When I asked why he wanted my room number, he responded; "We would like to make an investigation"

Additionally, when I told them that I will be having dinner at their hotel, the receptionist insisted that I make a UKH 1000 down payment which will be refunded to me when I leave. I decided to eat out instead

Avoid this hotel if you can. Otherwise, try to avoid the security guards and don't book dinner in the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms have paper thin walls and their function rooms on the ground floor play loud music until late
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Rohid K
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences you have experienced at our hotel. We have taken your comments into consideration to improve our service. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. We are all looking forward to welcoming you back in near future. We are sure that your next visit will be pleasant and satisfying.
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

My 2nd time there, (Oct 2012, May 2013), and I'm going to stay there again mid-October 2013. Its just a nice hotel, located about 2 miles from Independence Square. Its a 1.5 blocks away from the metro system (good system too!) which can take you anywhere in Kiev. Its one stop away from Kiev's new shopping mall, and about 5 stops away from Independence Square which is pretty much the city centre. Staff is very friendly, and concierge service is excellent. Great value.

Room Tip: you can exchange currency there too...their exchange rate is very favorable
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Oleg_Nesvirskyy, Manager at ALFAVITO HOTEL, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is very enjoyable to read your feedback on TripAdvisor!
We are pleased, that you liked the hotel location and our rates!
Thank you for rating our staff and the concierge service.
We would love to welcome you back in Alfavito Hotel on October 2013.
Middletown, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very clean and newer hotel. Great staff. Food very good. A little away from main attractions in Kiev, but a short taxi ride is no problem. I would stay there again the next time I visit Kiev. Wonderful and friendly staff. Concierge service is excellent. Coming from the US, the staff was very pleasant and helpful with restaurant recommendations. Food is also very good at the hotel. Room service was very quick and service excellent.

Room Tip: upgrade to full size bedroom from standard room. The extra room and coach are worth the extra money
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Oleg_Nesvirskyy, Igor Gorschuk Concierge at ALFAVITO HOTEL, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for giving Alfavito a review. We are happy that the service impressed you so much that you mentioned our staff four times in your review. We are always excited by such a feedback as we always aim to exceed our guests’ expectations. We are looking forward to your next visit!
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Nice rooms, good price and nice location. Taxi ride to downtown is about 10-15 mins, and costs roughly 60 UAH. Close to the hotel is a couple of nice restaurants, and the hotel has a nice bar as well. Breakfast in the hotel is expensive (200 UAH), I'd rather recommend going to a cafe in the city centre. The only bad thing about the hotel is that for some reason the Internet was very unstable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hanzitooler583
Oleg_Nesvirskyy, Manager at ALFAVITO HOTEL, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to give ALFAVITO a review! Our hotel has a good location and price policy indeed. The nearby street is quite, yet close to the entertainment area. Breakfast is buffet or continental to your choice, the latter is half price of the former. Troubles with Wi-Fi connection happen very rarely. We do apologize for the inconvenience you had though. Thank you again for the review. We will do our best to provide you with excellent service on your next visit!
London, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Stayed 3 nights in this hotel a couple of weeks ago. The hotel was nice and clean with big rooms and friendly reception staff. It had a good wifi connection and was 5 minutes from the metro station which was convenient as it then only took 10 minutes to get to the main sites. I can only rate this hotel 3 stars however as their website is very misleading as it states you will get 20% off if you stay 3 nights or more. When actually playing around with the dates, it appears the same discount is applied even if you stay 2 nights (you are directed through the bookings.com website) Despite several emails backwards and forwards from the hotel it still really wasn't clear to me how the discount was applied. The other reason for marking down was the service we received one night for dinner. My girlfriend and I were had to wait 30 minutes before our order was taken (and we still had to ask for a wine list), it then took another 10 minutes for our drinks to arrive and finally after about an hour and 15 minutes we received our food. The food was ok but nothing spectacular. There were only about 5 tables occupied in the restaurant and 3 waiting staff so it wasn't really busy. Not at any point did we receive any apologies or any of the waiting staff come over to see how we were doing. The meal was quite costly and at a 4* hotel I would expect much better. So in short, the hotel is nice but I would definitely not recommend eating there as there are much better places to eat.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BWILS2013
Oleg_Nesvirskyy, Manager at ALFAVITO HOTEL, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to write a review about Alfavito hotel. Nice, big rooms and friendly staff is what most guests look for when choosing a hotel. Alfavito has that together with good Wi-Fi connection and convenient location.
Your discontentment with discount policies is a result of a misunderstanding. As you mentioned, it was not totally clear even though you did receive our calculations. Thank you for pointing that out so that we can work on getting our deals more customer friendly.
In regard to restaurant service, we extend our apologies. Your opinion was taken into account. Corrections in training the staff will be applied.
Our hope is that you enjoy your next stay at Alfavito an Kyiv city. We are looking forward to welcoming you in the future!