“Above average”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of gorchitsa cafe

gorchitsa cafe
Ranked #30 of 1,836 Restaurants in Kiev
Cuisines: French, European
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Kiev, Ukraine
“Above average”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

I am really surprised to see this restaurant in Kiev top-10. Was there in July and my impression - not spoiled by tourists, but also nothing special. Price almost adequate.

• Visited July 2013

Udine, Italy
“Good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Nice place, with a pleasant interior design. Good moode.
I had a dinner. The dishes was genuine and well made, but without creativity. 2 glasses of good wine, but not high level (arrived me without the bottle, so I never will know wo was the producer, the year...) but payd 5,00 Euro each one!
At the end I paid 55 Euro for 1 hot starter + 1 meat dish and 2 red wine glasses. I think quite expensive but the quality was good.

Visited October 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wow, a fantastic meal in Kiev?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

What a great meal! From what I understand, the chef is Ukrainian. She does a stunning job of plating the food and making everything taste scrumptious. It's obvious that she takes pride in her skills. The two female servers were very professional and were more than happy to help with entree selections. One server spoke perfect English which was helpful to me. I can't say enough good things. The atmosphere, professionalism, friendliness and food made for a perfect dinner. They didn't take AMEX which was a bummer, but that seems to be commonplace here in the Ukraine. I have no idea how someone could have had a terrible or average experience here, but maybe it's just someone who wasn't happy before they arrived here. Give it a try, you can't go wrong at Gorchitsa Cafe!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank David H
Arnhem, Gelderland, Netherlands
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, good mood!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

The first night of our long weekend in Kiev we decided to eat at Gorchitsa Café. A very good choice! Good atmosphere, good service and we loved the food! So we decided to eat our last evening in Kiev again at Gorchitsa Café. We loved for example the bouef bourguignon, the veal cheek, the crème brûlée.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Marian R
Leicester
“A really good French restaurant in Kiev”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

We sat outside, which was nice. Inside the restaurant the decor wasn't so great. But the food really was. Tasty, reasonable portions, and well-presented. Prices enough for Kiev. Service good. Really, a pleasant and special meal - we would go again.

Visited August 2013