“Good”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Nice place, with a pleasant interior design. Good moode.
I had a dinner. The dishes was genuine and well made, but without creativity. 2 glasses of good wine, but not high level (arrived me without the bottle, so I never will know wo was the producer, the year...) but payd 5,00 Euro each one!
At the end I paid 55 Euro for 1 hot starter + 1 meat dish and 2 red wine glasses. I think quite expensive but the quality was good.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

What a great meal! From what I understand, the chef is Ukrainian. She does a stunning job of plating the food and making everything taste scrumptious. It's obvious that she takes pride in her skills. The two female servers were very professional and were more than happy to help with entree selections. One server spoke perfect English which was helpful to me. I can't say enough good things. The atmosphere, professionalism, friendliness and food made for a perfect dinner. They didn't take AMEX which was a bummer, but that seems to be commonplace here in the Ukraine. I have no idea how someone could have had a terrible or average experience here, but maybe it's just someone who wasn't happy before they arrived here. Give it a try, you can't go wrong at Gorchitsa Cafe!

1  Thank David H
Reviewed September 30, 2013

The first night of our long weekend in Kiev we decided to eat at Gorchitsa Café. A very good choice! Good atmosphere, good service and we loved the food! So we decided to eat our last evening in Kiev again at Gorchitsa Café. We loved for example the bouef bourguignon, the veal cheek, the crème brûlée.

1  Thank Marian R
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We sat outside, which was nice. Inside the restaurant the decor wasn't so great. But the food really was. Tasty, reasonable portions, and well-presented. Prices enough for Kiev. Service good. Really, a pleasant and special meal - we would go again.

1  Thank witston
Reviewed August 11, 2013

food was great value was great, not typical for the center of Kiev where most places are just over priced (esp if you are a tourist)