“not far from Maidan”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 9, 2012

"not far from Maidan and Sofievskaya squares this is a great dinner choice. The service was very friendly and helpful. I had a caprese salad and the filet with truffle sauce and others in our party had pizza. All the food was fantastic. I would definitely go again"

2  Thank Elena D

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Ordered two pizzas with mushrooms for which we waited 70 minutes. The pizzas turned out to be a bit smaller than a medium-size pizza typical of a chain pizza like Pizza Hut. Each cost 93uah or about $12, 30uah of that for mushrooms that, shall I say, were not found in super-abundance on the pizza. The pizzas were thin crust, tasty enough but nothing extraordinary.
I also ordered a plate of fettuchini with alfredo sauce and mushrooms.(This was a special order item for Walter's! Surprising that such a basic plate would not appear on the menu of any Italian restaurant.) For this, I paid 108uah or about $13.50. I would descibe it as a child's portion. This "entree" took me 2-3 minutes to eat. Again tasty enough (frankly by this time I was famished) but not extraordinary; however, the issue was of quantity and value for money, not quality.
One beer, one barjomi sparkling water later, with tip, came to 400uah ($50), which seemed a little over the top for what is essentially fast food.
Wait-staff was friendly and tried to please. The kitchen and the prices seemed a little out of kilter, however. There seems to be little idea of the concept of casual dining in Kiev. Dining venues, at least those above Ukrainian chain eateries, always feel compelled to aspire to be 3-4 culinary levels above what they really are and pricce themselves at accordingly inflated levels.
I won't be back there anytime soon to Walter's unless I have an uncontrollable urge for a pizza and I am in the Khreschatik area. Even if that eventualizes, I'll refrain from eating other items than pizza at Walter's. For the same money, or a bit more, I can eat better even in Kiev.
In fairness, Kiev is arguably not the best venue to indulge in Italian cuisine and you have to adjust your expectations accordingly.

2  Thank RichardThomas2001
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Right around the corner from the Hyatt, this is a great dinner choice. The service was very friendly and helpful. I had a caprese salad and the filet with truffle sauce and others in our party had pizza. All the food was fantastic. I would definitely go again.

1  Thank Kwchilily
Reviewed July 25, 2012

If you like Italian cuisine this is the right place to go. The food is really delicious (pasta tastes the way it should be) and the service is good. All Italians who live in Kiev go there and I guess it speaks for itself.

4  Thank gala777
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Walter's restaurant specializes in Italian cuisine. Situated in the very heart of Kiev. Very modern and cozy eating place with fabulous selection of popular Italian dishes. Home made pasta, wide variety of salads,hot and cold appetizers,extremely tasty home made bread and breathtaking dessert Tiramisu will  impress even the gourmet. In Walter's restaurant you will definitely find friendly atmosphere, sustained Italian interior, good service and surprisingly reasonable prices. Comming there once you will never miss another chance of being back!

3  Thank Vitalina M