“Nice but pricey”

Ibis Kiev City Center
Ranked #7 of 112 Hotels in Kiev
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Nice hotel with anything you need, including great breakfasts, it's not in the city centre in fact not much is around but a 15 mins walk or a taxi can fix that. We paid (our client paid for us) for one night 130 EUR which is truly shocking considering very low prices in Ukraine. Incredibly high price is the reason I put 'average' otherwise I would give 'very good'.

1  Thank taupe5
Nina S, Quality manager at Ibis Kiev City Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your valuable comment regarding your stay at ibis Kiev City Center hotel. Our rates are according to the market and we do not have a rate of 130 EUR per night. Probably the misunderstanding occurred.
We will be very pleased to welcome you again at our hotel.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,161)

Reviewed June 22, 2014

This hotel has very good location, it's about 10 min to the nearest metro station. Our room was small but comfortable with TV, big shower cabin and lovely window view (room was on the 14th floor). Cleaning was done every day. Breakfast was tasty with big food variety. Staff is friendly and helpful. For the next trip to Kiev I'll stay in Ibis again for sure.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Nina S, Quality manager at Ibis Kiev City Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very for positive feedback regarding your stay at ibis Kiev City Center hotel.
I will share your comment with our team. It will serve as an encouragement for them as their main task is to provide bets level of services to our guests.

Looking forward to seeing you again at ibis Kiev City Center hotel.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

3rd time in a Ibis Hotel for me, first time in the fairly new Ibis in Kiev Ukraine, very easy to find, its right besides the Georgian Embassy, 100 mtrs from the New Hilton Hotel and 300 mtrs from a Metro Underground Station & University Park, built in 2011 everything about Ibis Kiev is new and 3 years later it still looks new and feels new. The staff are very well trained and speak excellent English, and are always eager to help. The excellent bar/breakfast room is on the second floor, breakfast is very cheap apprx 110 UAH(£5.10) and is buffet style, meals can be ordered for the evening too. Now the actual rooms, very well maintained, Queen sized bed(which was a little too hard for me) small section to hang clothes, table, chair and seat, with phone, TV with limited cable channels, only things in English were BBC World News, CNN & Eurosport, was quite unhappy no channel showed live World Cup games, had to go to the bar for the games(method in their madness, ha ha) the bathroom was the one thing that disappointed me, it is a very small room with hair dyer, sink, toilet and a huge space for the actual shower, which is good while you're in the shower, but room is very limited trying to get out of it , more thought could have been made here. Room for 2 persons is around 5300 UAH(£270), breakfast is extra.

Room Tip: Might be worth upgrading to a larger room is you like a little more space.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DavidPD59

Dear guest,

First of all let me thank you for finding time to share your experience with ibis Kiev City Ceneter hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive a positive feedback. We sincerely hope that you will give us an opportunity to serve you even better in the future.

Looking forward to welcome you again to ibis Kiev City Center.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Stayed for three nights (two plus one - with a slight gap in between) in late May.

The good: location (close to the central train station and "Universytet"/metro station), breakfast, fast WiFi.

The bad: standard rooms can be a bit too small (especially if occupied by two people).

The ugly: not upgraded to a superior room during my second stay despite being a Platinum card holder (not a major issue - given its short duration).

Top tip: Beat Kiev's traffic by taking its cheap & efficient metro!

Room Tip: Superior rooms on floor 15 are significantly larger than the rest.
1  Thank lukasg88
Nina S, Quality manager at Ibis Kiev City Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for finding time to share your experience with ibis Kiev City Center hotel. Your feedback is really appreciated. As we treat very seriously what we promise to our guests please accept our sincere apologies for not providing you with the upgraded room. The hotel was fullybooked during your stay and according to our loyalty program the superior rooms are provided upon availability. We will be pleased to offer you upgrade during your next stay.

Thanks again for your opinion. Looking forward to welcome you again at ibis Kiev City Center hotel.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Nice hotel in central Kiev (just a few minutes walk from the central station). the hotel staff is very friendly and helpfull and breakfast is really good. Beds are a bit small. The only thing we missed was a small fridge.

Room Tip: The view from the rooms on the upper floors is very good.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels
1  Thank Charlotte C
Nina S, Quality manager at Ibis Kiev City Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Dear Guest,

Let me first of all thank you for choosing ibis Kiev City Center hotel as a place for your accommodation. We treat very seriously the level of services we are providing to our guests. That is why your nice feedback is a recognition for us.
Fridge at the room is out of ibis standards for all over the world. we can't cahnge our standards.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We are looking forward to welcome you again at ibis Kiev City Center hotel.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

My recent stay in Kiev was surprisingly nice. Being a bit disappointed with Ibis in Brussels (see one of my previous reviews) I have chosen the Ibis Kiev City Center with rather limited dose of trust. Therefore I was positively astonished to see that the hotel is clean and fulfills best standards of a three star hotel. The staff was really helpful and responded to all needs. Breakfast was tasty and I would even say that was well above Ibis standard. Moreover I also have to admit that I felt absolutely safe there even though I visited Ukraine in a turbulent time.

Room Tip: Rooms at the top floors (I got a room on a 9th floor) have less street noise
1  Thank TomaszKozakowski
Nina S, Quality manager at Ibis Kiev City Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2014

Dear Guest,

Let me first of all thank you for such a nice feedback concerning your experience at ibis Kiev City Center hotel. Our team is always doing their best to make our guests feel welcome. As well we treat very seriously the security of our guests.
I will share your comment with our team. I'm sure it will serve an encouragement for them to keep the same level of services.

Looking forward to welcome you again at ibis Kiev City Center.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

The hotel delivers what it promises: a room to sleep in. Nothing more.
The room was small and the bathroom even smaller. What they called wardrobe was some shelves on the corner.
There are not much of amenties. There is no safebox in the room so you have carry your cash with you. They don't change the sheets which made me uncomfortable.
The breakfast was in line with the rest of the hotel: providing the essentials. Therefore it is possible that you will be disappointed.
I believe the overall value is good if you will stay just for a few days and wont spend time at the hotel. The staff is nice and very helpful too. Yet it made me realize even my standards are not that low (except for ultra-expensive cities like Paris)

Room Tip: Pick a room on the higher floors to avoid streets noise and to enjoy the view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Cenk A
Nina S, Quality manager at Ibis Kiev City Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for finding time to give us your feedback about experience with ibis Kiev City Center hotel. As I can understand you were not fully satisfied with the level of services we provided. Please accept our apologies. according to the worldwide standard for all ibis hotels the linen is changed every 3 days. We can't change or neglect standard.
As well let me thank you for your nice words about our staff.
I hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you better in the future.

sincerely,