“Perfect!”
Review of Why Not? Hostel

Why Not? Hostel
Ranked #73 of 422 Specialty Lodging in Kiev
Reviewed August 25, 2013

The hostel is at a great location: at a walkable distance from the train station and close to the city center and a metro station. I was welcomed greatly and the staff is very kind and helpful. The facilities are perfect also: a good big locker, free internet (and a computer), a good kitchen, good sanitary. Overall, I was very satisfied, especially for the price I paid. No cons whatsoever.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed August 11, 2013

The hotel staff could speak English which is a good thing and was helpful when we asked questions.
Location is not bad, its close to a metro station which is just one station away from the center.
We took a separate room, size was ok, I liked wall colors and graffiti on the walls.
But don't forget this is a hostel, so common room yay -its good for meeting new people and we met some very helpful guys, but common showers and toilet not so yay -we almost always had to wait and of course pink hard toilet papers didn't help to brightened the mood. Even the separate rooms don't have separate bathrooms so keep that in mind.
The shower was cold during our stay, other guests told us its been like this for the last 2 weeks though it may be because we couldn't figured it out.
Anyway if you are tight on money you can consider this place, although with the price of a separate room and maybe a little more you should consider renting an apartment which apparently is the usual thing to do in Kiev. We didn't because we thought hostels are good for meeting new people and we can get advise about the city but can't say we used it much..

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ElcinKisacik
Reviewed July 9, 2013

the hostel staff was very helpful and friendly, really 10/10 for that. Unfortunately it was very noisy, because young backpackers especially from Portugal did not keep to the rule to keep quiete after 11 pm.

Room Tip: don't use dorm next to ktichen
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed two nights with friend at June 2013. Anyone who has been at hostel knows what to expect and Why Not does not fail to meet the expectations.

We stayed in 2 bed private room at price 250 UAH/night booked by email. Bed was ok, room reasonable sized and was equiped with aircon :) During our visit hostel was very quiet, about 5 other quests I think. There is one small common room + kitchen with washing machine. Reception staff was freindly and I think reception was manned 24hours per day, or at least somebody was sleeping on the couch at night :)

Location is quite close to city center but could be better as there is about 15mins walk to the main street.

In short: nothing special but no problems either.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Why not recommend this hostel? Why not watch a movie in their cinema? Why not have a beer or two in the common room? Why not taste the Ukrainian vodka or Cognac? Why not stay in this hostel?
I went there with few friends from Poland and we all loved it. Friendy atmosphere made us feel like home. Defiantely a place to return for the next vacation!

Room Tip: All rooms are good so enjoy - allthough we slept in the industrial room, it seems we lived in the co...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I planed to stay at the Hostel only for a couple of nights....long story short I ended up staying for over a week. The staff is super friendly, the location is awesome...close to big supermarket and bars and clubs of course as well, it's clean and the beds are quite comfy. There is always something going on in the hostel but it doesn't get to loud if you want to sleep.
I can definitely recommend this place to anyone who is planning on staying in Kiev!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed to be nice....but I would recommend the 8 bed dorm (that's where I stayed...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I would not consider myself to be a "normal" tourist in that hostel, because I've spent so much time there, that it already feels a bit like home. Now it's high time to write a review :) I stayed at Why not? more than 7 months over the last 1,5 years (studies and holidays). I know all the rooms and can recommend all of them. The beds are cozy, the sheets clean, they also provide towels for everyone. Even when the hostel is full the 3 toilets and showers were enough, no waiting in line (e.g. during EURO 2012, Christmas holidays)!! The kitchen is equipped with EVERYTHING you need, I especially love their common shelf (everyone can leave food they don't need anymore or take something from there). They have different kind of coffee makers which is very important for me :) Coffee, tea and sugar are for free - GREAT. Also they have breakfast included. The hostel-cinema in the basement is wonderful for rainy days (which are rare in summer!) or cold winter evenings. What I like most is the warm atmosphere and the colourful common aeras. You get in touch with other people (tourists or staff) really quickly - even if you are travelling alone, you don't feel seperated there. I love, that the hostel is always in progress, they really invest a lot of time to improve things, paint the walls, decorate the rooms and so on. They react to people's reviews and opinions, which is very creditable (one of the latest improvements: they sell drinks at the reception, in case you want a beer and are too lazy to walk to the shop around the corner). Everyone in Why not? wants their guests to have a great stay!! Thank you so much for everything, guys!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo