“wonderfull”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was in this restaurant with friends and the food it was simply perfect original Italian products. I eat lobster salad and my friends ravioli al faro and monkfish. really high class restaurant. congratulations

1  Thank spigiboy

Reviewed November 16, 2012

A lot of people love this place. I often take clients there and find it perfect for that. One thing that I'll say against it though is that when you are in a large group, the Italian chef comes out and says to the group something along the lines of "you can have beef or fish" - gets the group to decide quickly, but ultimately what happens is the portion size of these dishes is much smaller than the usual menu. That aside, the quality of the food, service, Valpolicella, atmosphere and location is above average. The fish soup is a standout dish. The fact I keep going back must be a good thing, right?

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Al Faro touts its Trip Advisor rating right at the entrance door! So you know right away you have come to the right place. It is right on the main road near the Olympiski metro. It is a large place that was very crowded on a Thursday evening. There ws live piano in the main room. But when I asked for a non smokimh table, I was taken to the back room that was quieter but had less character.

The decor all around is a bit over the top, but consistent with Russian sensibilities of kitsch. One would hardly think one was in an Italian restaurant. I had the Italian vegetable soup that was excellent, and I ordered one of the pizzas (After all Al faro is famous for its wood fired pizzas!). During the conversation with the waiter it was clear to him that I was a vegetarian. When the pizza arrived, it looked delicious, but open closer inspection, I noticed that it had pieces of dead animal flesh between the rucola and the mozzarella. The waiter confirmed that yes, that was meat, and while not exactly apoloziging, he asked whether I would like another. I said yes, and in less than a minute he appeared again with the pizza, having made every attempt to remove the dead animal.

I paid my bill and quickly walked out of there!

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We live here in Kiev and absolutely love this place among lots of others! Me and my husband choose it for Saturday lunches, romantic evenings and dinners with friends. The only regret is that it does not work 24/7.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I go here quite often for lunch, mainly for business. It is always nice in terms of food quality, service and atmosphere.