“Romantic afternoon!”

Fellini
Ranked #1,184 of 1,934 Restaurants in Kiev
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Reputedly but incorrectly one of the best restaurants in Kiev , open 24 hour
Wailua, Hawaii
“Romantic afternoon!”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

My date is a Kiev resident and recommended Fellini. I was impressed. We spent a leisurely afternoon sampling various choices of cuisine. Champagne was icy cold the way we like it. Waitress was charming and attentive. We were alone at an upstairs table and admired a scenic city view which was laden with snow from recent record snowfalls. We will become regulars here.

• Visited December 2012

• Hebrew first
New York
“Overpriced for what it is...”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The location is nice... I had no idea what this place was, so we decided to pop in here for a drink while in the neighborhood. We sat upstairs on the terrace, ordered a bottle of wine, and upon perusing the menu and seeing the high prices - I figured we give the food a try to see if they were justified. A disappointment was what we had. My gazpacho (came with two shrimps on a side - definitely frozen - not fresh) was just ok. The seafood risotto - very average. The sole scallop and a shrimp in a shell that sat on top of it were properly cooked, but the rice itself... Very bland. My friend wasn't raving about her food, either.

I doubt this place gets repeat business.

The only bright note was the sommelier who, while pouring our wine, cracked a few jokes and made us feeling at home.

• Visited October 2012
Manama, Bahrain
“"Nouvelle Cuisine" Kiev-Style that Falls Short: Small Portions, Large Pricetags”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

For $15 you get what in effect in New York would be a child's portion of spaghetti bolognese that takes two minutes for an adult to eat. Laughably, it is served under a large semispherical aluminum cover reserved for the piece de la resistance at a banquet. It is all part of the pretentious package you get at Fellinis.
Taste of the spaghetti was okay but not super.
My second entree filet mignon of pork for $25 was better on portion size (three chunks of pork). The taste was also better. However, the preparation seemed neither Italian nor French. My suggestion would be, if this is the kind of entree that appeals to you, to order pork shashlyk at another restaurant in Kiev. Skip Fellinis.
In fairness, I liked the desserts a bit better: berry tiramisu and berry sorbet. However, rather than being tiramisu, this "tiramisu" turned out to be a very tiny triangle of pie (on offer at the "bargain" price of $7.50). I mentioned this discrepancy to the waiter. He wasn't responsive, I decided just to eat my tiny triangular dessert in two bites eliminating the object of dispute in short measure.
Great place to spend $100 for two (no alcohol) and be hungry 1-2 hours later.
A typical trendy, pseudo haute cuisine tourist trap and parvenu hangout leveraging its location in the Kiev center where Kiev's misinformed and maladroit, or those just unlucky enough to stumble upon the place or be dragged to it, can congregate to witness an unambashed display of culinary pretension. (For the record, I, for one, was one of the ones dragged to the place.) Good place to go if you are the superficial haute cuisine aficionado wannabe sort who cares more about decor and ambiance than food. A minefield of unabashedly overpriced items. (Just the place to impress your blonde bombshell from the agency on your first date to demonstrate the thickness of your bill-fold!)
If, on the other hand, you seek a hearty meal, Fellinis is just another reason to stroll out of the Kiev city center and find more genuine (and reasonably priced) dining options.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank RichardThomas2001
Kiev
“Excellent & stylish”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Great place in the downtown, next to Independence Square. Quite and modern, despite that terrace is overlooking busy street. It is especially great for breakfast (06:00 - 11:00), but also pleasant for lunch with friends and romantic dinner. Prices are not lowest, but quality is very good. European, italian and french food.
Also, I like that it is opened 24 x 7. And interior design is just beautiful, very stylish. They have VIP room for 12 people.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Sergiy K
New York City, New York
“Pretend to be upscale - nothing special”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Went there for morning breakfast. Located in quite place although very central. We sit inside. The food is definitely overpriced. And the service could be more responsive. Ordered omelet - it was good but you have to be especially talented to spoil it. Observed "serious" people on outdoor seating surrounded by security.
You can find other place in Kiev to get better value for money.

• Visited July 2012