“What a wonderful meal”

Rus Club Cult Ra
Cuisines: Ukrainian, Contemporary, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Our cult vegan friendly restaurant serves Ukrainian healthy fashion food elegantly cooked from home and organic products due to Slavic recipes in chef's special interpretation, such as topinambur salad, soup of white mushrooms, baked quail, mashed turnip, homemade noodles with various sauces, varenyky, different pancakes. We offer the great variety of meat, fish and vegan dishes. Special drinks are - organic milk, soured milk, fermented baked milk, hemp beer, honey wine, oak bark tincture and entire palette of herbal teas. Wedding ceremonies, birthdays and holidays in pagan (folk) tradition, organizing programs of traditional and modern Ukrainian music, master-classes for children and adults (Easter egg painting, protector dolls, straw plaiting, ceramic classes, Papercutting, beading etc.) Banquets, receptions, corporate events, seminars, presentations, briefings, press conferences, art events, children's holidays. The must visit place in Kyiv.
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Loved this restaurant. The setting was beautiful, ethnic and atmospheric, despite the fact that it wasn’t very busy (this was the case everywhere we have been in Kiev). The food was delicious and felt very healthy. I had varenyky (Ukrainian dumplings) filled with mushrooms. They came in a lovely terracotta little pot and with a side of sour cream. As a main I had a lovely white fish from the Dnieper River. Everything is cooked according to ancient recipes, only using ingredients that were available in pre-Christian times. The downstairs is all dark woods and more of a bar area, upstairs is a lovely restaurant with the cutest resident cat. It was all washed down with a delicious Crimean wine, which was actually the best wine we had on this trip (we always like drinking local wines wherever possible).
Our waiter was very friendly and knowledgeable. Perfect meal.

1  Thank claudia186338

Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

With all the heavy food and beer we consumed on our holiday, this place was a welcome find. Nice location in the smart part of Kiev, the rustic setting and pleasant staff make for an all-round pleasant experience.
The food is mostly healthy and organic with some veg and vegan dishes. The beer was not great but that was the only downside.

1  Thank Steve_Amy
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I had a great local pie out of this world, and a fish soup that was just ok (but keep in mind that I am a Frenchman and hard to please in terms of food). The key thing is to have staff to give you good advice on food and the waitress did just that ! Kult-RA is not just about food; it's about a special setting (decor is ethnic and warm) and a great service (the young waitress spoke perfect English), the guy downstairs was so friendly). They have a little bookshop and souvenirs in a little recess downstairs. I'll be coming back to this place which has a romantic touch about it. But with or without the romance, you can just get great food an,d have a great time.

3  Thank lilian s
Reviewed March 21, 2014

After Reading all the reviews i decided to try.

We were 2.

Either i dont Like ukrainian food or , that food was ok nothing more.

We were almost alone, maybe due to the things that happening now in Kijev.

Beautiful place...romantic& Great location.

We didnt eat a lot and only drank 1 beer&1soft drink

Paid more Than 600 ... A lot in ukrainian terms.

4  Thank Bill J
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I'm vegan and after days of eating French fries and salad at my Kiev hotel I found this restaurant. I will never forget it. The service, our waitress spoke excellent English and understood completely what I could and couldn't order, was exceptional. The food was delicious. Hearty, healthy and wonderful. I love this place. I would recommend it to anyone visiting Kiev. Try the Honey Beer (delicious) and the horseradish vodka (wow).The borscht was exceptional. I will dream about the pancakes with cabbage and mushrooms. PS: Love the cat, Valis, who joined us for dinner on one of our empty chairs. Very polite and well-behaved.

4  Thank Cami M