“delicious ukrainian food and cool atmosphere”
Review of Rus Club Cult Ra - CLOSED

Rus Club Cult Ra
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Contemporary, Gastropub, Eastern European, Ukrainian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Our cult vegan friendly restaurant serves Ukrainian healthy fashion food elegantly cooked from home and organic products due to Slavic recipes in chef's special interpretation, such as topinambur salad, soup of white mushrooms, baked quail, mashed turnip, homemade noodles with various sauces, varenyky, different pancakes. We offer the great variety of meat, fish and vegan dishes. Special drinks are - organic milk, soured milk, fermented baked milk, hemp beer, honey wine, oak bark tincture and entire palette of herbal teas. Wedding ceremonies, birthdays and holidays in pagan (folk) tradition, organizing programs of traditional and modern Ukrainian music, master-classes for children and adults (Easter egg painting, protector dolls, straw plaiting, ceramic classes, Papercutting, beading etc.) Banquets, receptions, corporate events, seminars, presentations, briefings, press conferences, art events, children's holidays. The must visit place in Kyiv.
Kiev
“delicious ukrainian food and cool atmosphere”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Perfect place in Kiev in the heart of the city. Perfect service, original ukrainian food, cool atmoshere, friendly for children, which can play with cat Veles. Add it to must visit places in Kiev.

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank Akeksandr K

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Amazing option featuring local flavors”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Ra really makes a wonderful, but authentic update to Ukrainian cuisine. Really a great combination of quality ingredients, innovative but respectful use of them, with super-friendly service.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank joncamfield
Gambrills, MD
“Tastiest borscht, without beets!”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I visited this restaurant on the advice of a friend living in Kiev, and it was the best meal I had there. Since it was my first visit to Kult Ra, the server gave me a complimentary small honey-based alcoholic drink when I entered. I tried Carpathian borscht, which was more like a stew: white mushrooms, some kind of grain, little seeds on top, possibly cheese, no beets at all. It was absolutely delicious and I savored every spoonful. To drink I chose honey beer. The inside of the restaurant as others have said is very interesting, complete with a black cat and a wooden replica of the old pagan god Perun, with ribbons for tying wishes to the statue. Even the bill holder was unique, a little doll and woven basket. There was live music on the upper level that particular night.

I enjoyed it so much that I came back two days later, on October 31 (Halloween or All Souls' Day). It was crowded but the staff found me a small table near the musicians. I had the same Carpathian borscht and honey beer again, and it was just as delicious. Diners at the next table had a dish served in a small hollowed-out pumpkin.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank emilysmom2003
Kansas City, Missouri
“Ukrainian Borscht”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I was greeted by friendly staff and immediately felt comfortable and welcomed. I was looking for authentic Ukrainian cuisine and I found it. I had the borscht and it was fantastic. I liked it so much that it was a must that I returned for more before I left Kyiv. When I return to Kyiv, I will try other items on the menu. Highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank TeddAL
Brighton, United Kingdom
“A commendable organic experience”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Kult Ra, 4 Volodymyrska St , offered an authentic Ukrainian setting. Many interesting curious dotted around, someone had spent considerable effort creating the charm.

Canape pigs fat with pickle, a delicacy I suggest might be worth trying once.

Organic “shardonee” very worthy, tempting to go for seconds, although the beverage might have been improved if served chilled.

Main course chicken roll with chopped tomatoes and pickles, deceptively filling.
The final bill was a bit higher than I had expected due to a few glasses of the wine.
I would visit again, but I managed to exceed the upper price range limit suggested here.

Visited October 2013