“Ukrainian Borscht”

Rus Club Cult Ra
Cuisines: Ukrainian, Contemporary, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Our cult vegan friendly restaurant serves Ukrainian healthy fashion food elegantly cooked from home and organic products due to Slavic recipes in chef's special interpretation, such as topinambur salad, soup of white mushrooms, baked quail, mashed turnip, homemade noodles with various sauces, varenyky, different pancakes. We offer the great variety of meat, fish and vegan dishes. Special drinks are - organic milk, soured milk, fermented baked milk, hemp beer, honey wine, oak bark tincture and entire palette of herbal teas. Wedding ceremonies, birthdays and holidays in pagan (folk) tradition, organizing programs of traditional and modern Ukrainian music, master-classes for children and adults (Easter egg painting, protector dolls, straw plaiting, ceramic classes, Papercutting, beading etc.) Banquets, receptions, corporate events, seminars, presentations, briefings, press conferences, art events, children's holidays. The must visit place in Kyiv.
Kansas City, Missouri
“Ukrainian Borscht”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I was greeted by friendly staff and immediately felt comfortable and welcomed. I was looking for authentic Ukrainian cuisine and I found it. I had the borscht and it was fantastic. I liked it so much that it was a must that I returned for more before I left Kyiv. When I return to Kyiv, I will try other items on the menu. Highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank TeddAL

Brighton, United Kingdom
“A commendable organic experience”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Kult Ra, 4 Volodymyrska St , offered an authentic Ukrainian setting. Many interesting curious dotted around, someone had spent considerable effort creating the charm.

Canape pigs fat with pickle, a delicacy I suggest might be worth trying once.

Organic “shardonee” very worthy, tempting to go for seconds, although the beverage might have been improved if served chilled.

Main course chicken roll with chopped tomatoes and pickles, deceptively filling.
The final bill was a bit higher than I had expected due to a few glasses of the wine.
I would visit again, but I managed to exceed the upper price range limit suggested here.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank EatingPlenty
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Probably the only Organic restaurant in Kiev. Ahead of its time!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

If you are into eating organic, good quality, Ukrainian food, I would highly recommend this place. It has a kind of hippie feel, as I would expect with a place specializing in organic food. The staff were very accommodating. My wife has Celiac disease and can't eat gluten, and they made sure her meal was safe. I had pork chops and grilled veggies, and washed it down with some hemp beer (part of the "hippie feel" I was talking about) and it was delicious. They had excellent live music while we were there as well. My only complaint was that it was a bit expensive, but good quality, organic food, doesn't usually come cheap!

Visited October 2013
2 Thank ryan712
OC
“Charismatic place”
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

The Kult Ra restaurant is very stylish and cozy. Been there three times. They have really good pastry, varenyky, appetizers and drinks. Steaks and fish aren't so good though.

2 Thank igor_oc
“Such an experience!”
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Delicious food. You travel through diferent tastes in minutes. Is really such an experience. Muito boa a comida. Tipica e natural. Para paladares diferenciados.

2 Thank Miguel M