“Really great!”

Odessa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Really great!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We heard about this exhibition center and wanted to visit it. Really great. At that week they presented a solo exhibition by Anish Kapoor. There were some  his most iconic huge works and some new.
Also we saw some works of Damien Hirst,  Jeff Koons and others. Very impressive!
My advise to book a good teller to understand and love modern art. It is only 10 min walk from Gagarin Hostel, our stay in Kiev.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Gkotelnikova

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rome, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“A place to meditate and get inspired”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

If you look at the Black Square of Malevich and think "what a daub of paint", then don't waster your time at PinchukArtCentre :-). For me this place is a quiet harbor for modern artists. Exhibitions are renewed every now and then, and I try not to miss a single one, though I am not one of the so-called modern art fans, who call anything and everything art (even a broken spade on the background of the toilet :D :D :D))))).
Huge impressive collages or extra-terrestrial-looking sculptures... Modern art in the best shade of its meaning.
I am proud of PinchukArtCentre as it's free to enter and is aimed solely at satisfying artistic needs of Kievans and guests of the city.
The last exhibition I visited was not long ago - July, 2012. It was one of the best for me. Huge balls, distorting the reality, gigantic concrete sculptures (reminded me of The Martian Chronicles by Bradbury)))). Interesting indeed!
Friendly staff, novel art concepts, wide open space - all this makes PinchukArtCentre my favorite passtime venue. A must in Kiev!

Visited July 2012
London, United Kingdom
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Didn't expect this at all!”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

It's free and not hard to find. Very interesting installations. It can get a little crowded but overall a great place, although I was surprised at how no cameras were allowed even at the cafe, on the top floor. A definite must-see.

Visited August 2012
Brussels, Belgium
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Must-see contemporary art gallery in Kiev”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Sometimes it's difficult to understand contemporary arts. Nevertheless it might be quite fun to explore it with friends. I also like the Sky art cafe on the top of the Centre. It has a great view on Kiev and an interesting design. I would recommend going there as well, it has lots of interesting coffee-cocktails while tea is served with honey or jam.

Visited September 2011
Paris
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“tall slim building on many floors”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I give the 4 stars for the Anish Kapoor exhibition, not the gallery itself, which I found a little annoying, climbing all those stairs, and an all white art cafe that strained my eyes. It is obviously a main modern art gallery of the city to have such a prestigious sculptor as Kapoor. The labels were in Ukrainian and English. The Kapoor exhibits were very impressive, even to non art lovers, many made me laugh with joy, mirrors that you look fat, like at a funfair, black holes in the wall, piles of cement dribblings.
There is a security metal detector at the entrance and the cafe is on the too floor. I was impressed with the art, not so much by the building itself

Visited July 2012

Been to PinchukArtCentre? Share your experiences!