“Average - Definitely overpriced for the quality”
Review of Tike

Tike
Ranked #397 of 1,931 Restaurants in Kiev
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Part of a chain with restaurants in Greece, UK, Turkey and Cyprus
Dubai
“Average - Definitely overpriced for the quality”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Restaurant was very tastefully done, however the Kebab priced at almost 20 $ (rather expensive) for Kiev standards, was nothing out of the world. The staff was anything but close to polite. I ordered a starter which came post the main course. Food was not bad, but definitely not value for money!

• Visited July 2013

• Turkish first
Odessa, Ukraine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,547 helpful votes
“OK Food, very slow service”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

This restaurant is located in the very center of Padol, so it's very easy to find. The food is okay, average (meat was a little bit too dry) but what I really didn't like was the very cheap interior and the extremely slow service. The had to remind the waitress 3 times that we ordered cofé and tea, it took her more than 30 minutes to serve it. At 23:00 they're closing and soon after you've to leave.

At the price charged you'll find much better restaurants in Kiev - so you may skip Tike without any problem.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank HONkiev
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Quality food, fun for a small group”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

First, we had no problem with the noise. Perhaps we were there earlier than most (7pm?), but our group of four was seated upstairs in the non-smoking section without another soul for at least 20 minutes, and then only a couple of dudes popped in. Servers hovered (unobtrusively), ensuring they were always folks to take our order, clear our plates, etc.

Second, the food was good. Having spent two weeks in Turkey only about a month before, I think I can vouch for the quality, and I wasn't the only one satisfied. Everyone was happy with their food. We split a handful of starters (patlican kavurma, mutebbel, kofte and grape leaves) that were gobbled up quickly. My entree, the babaganoush, resembled the babaganoush I know in no other way than the fact that it included eggplant: a bed of eggplant pureed with tomato and onion, topped with a mixture of chopped/grilled chicken and lamb, covered in melted cheese and surrounded by toasted pita bread. Scrumptious.

Third, non-smoking and quiet upstairs made for easy conversation.

Finally, not that pricey. Maybe 320/pp between the four of us, and that includes ~2 alcoholic beverages a person, tax and tip.

Visited October 2012
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“Meal was Good, but had to Yell over the Entertainment”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I had never eaten Turkish food before so was quite excited to try this place. I was disappointed, not because of the food but because of the loud entertainment that we had to yell over to converse. What would have been a pleasant dining experience was overshadowed by the noise. We had thought to escape the live entertainment by going up to the second level but they had a soloist up there also. I did receive an English menu without having to ask when our waiter heard me talking, so that was impressive. The food itself was good, chicken, grilled veggies, zucchini cakes but it didn't come in order, we received the appetizer after the main course. The portions were generous but the service was hit and miss. Not sure if I would go back as the Podil has a variety of other restaurants to sample.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank LeeAnneCanada
Kiev, Ukraine
“staff was not welcomed”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

the food is good, and the selection is good but the way it was served is not good. the second floor looks great - love to sit right next to the windows.

Visited August 2012