“Noisy and packed”

Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Part of a chain with restaurants in Greece, UK, Turkey and Cyprus
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We only dropped in to Tike due to its convenient location on Podil, in the middle of Sahaidachnogo Street, and following a colleague and a friend’s recommendation. But because of the mixed service quality and non-inviting atmosphere I’m hardly ever getting back.

The ground hall was extremely noisy because of the loud live music, but the table we booked was on the first floor. Sadly, it was no better.

The hall was small, packed with the tiny tables situated too close to each other. It rather looked like a typical sushi bar in Kyiv, but with pictures of ancient Istanbul instead of the Mount Fuji on the walls. We could hear the entire hall and the entire hall could hear us talking. And we had to talk loud because of a lady singing on a small stage in the corner.

The beginning was promising. We were met by a cheerful English-speaking guy who had immediately provided us with the English menus without us having to ask. But then we were served by various waitresses, some with short memory. Hence my average rating for service.

The main course was surprisingly served prior to the starters. Spicy chicken fillet with rice, flat bread and grilled vegetables was tender and tasted quite good. When the starters arrived, we asked for some sauce for shredded Zucchini, but none was ever served. Pancakes with sautéed chicken and lamb were okay, but nothing special. We were not even tempted to try the desserts.

For the money we paid it was not that bad, but there are surely many nicer restaurants on Podil.

1  Thank Cora_v

Reviewed March 31, 2012

This is REAL Turkish food in Kyiv. No different than Tike chains found in Turkey. Best Turkish restaurant in the city, in my opinion. The Ali Nazik is fantastic!

Reviewed February 29, 2012

Yesterday was my first visit of this restaurant and I started to like the food there, mainly the one from the grill.

There are 3 rooms upstars to have a dinner... first one with the open grill with chef has a nice atmosphere, second one - live music - is fine, but not to have a talk with business partners, third one is for smokers.

As I started my review, they have a really tasty meats from grill. What disapointed me most was the servis. They brought me a starter AFTER the main dish :-/ And second huge disapointment was quality of coffee. During my trips to turkey I always drink turkish style of cofee. I ordered it but I got sometning smell with best descrtiption is "back to USSR.

I knew, that this restaurant is the cheapest place in Kiev and I know, that I am used to pay for quality. For yesterdays "show" it was overpriced. Normally I would call it expensive.

Reviewed February 13, 2012

Elegant Turkish restaurant, nice atmosphere, convenient location, friendly service and delicious food (not as delicious as in Turkey). Prices are a bit expensive compared to market levels. They offer Turkish breakfast w umlimited Turkish tea at weekends after 11.00am, which became a ritual for me.

3  Thank Yaww
Reviewed December 23, 2011

PRice is a little bit high, but really great great grill! Service is also good and nicely located in Podil.