“The real deal”

Himalaya
Ranked #363 of 1,829 Restaurants in Kiev
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
London, Canada
“The real deal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

Not fancy, just really solid Indian food.

I ate outside on Saturday, early evening, and there was a lot going on on Khreshchatyk. The restaurant is up on a ridge, above the other restaurants on the street; you have to go up some stairs (that are a little hard to find) to get up there. Once up there you have a nice overlook.

I had a pair of samosas (one order), chicken vindaloo, and garlic naan. They asked and ordered it "spicy" (not "mild" or "medium"). What I got was, by my standards, closer to medium, if not mild. Fortunately, they also provided a sauce with the samosas that fired things up, which I used pretty liberally no the vindaloo.

I would eat here again.

• Visited May 2013

Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine
“Interesting new experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Friends took me to this place to try Indian food which was the first time experience for me so I just asked them to order something not extremely spicy:) we ordered many dishes, food was mostly tasty, good wine, good service, pleasant atmosphere, we had a very good time there. But for some reason, higly recommended Tandoori chicken was overdone and dry. If cooked a bit less it would be great. My friends go there pretty often and claim that normally everything is very tasty so chef must be distracted by something cooking our chicken:). As for somebody new to this type of food I think overall it was pretty good but I am not an expert on this. Need to try some more.

• Visited April 2013
Kiev, Ukraine
“FOOD”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

The atmosphere is nice. I expected a lot from this place but it is nothing like Indian cuisine. Well for those who never tried it you might like it if you are not Indian.

• Visited October 2012
Vicenza, Italy
“Great location, food was just okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

We were hoping for a lot, but the food was just okay. The location was great, the people were nice, prices were okay, and the ambiance was okay. We went here on our first night in Kiev. I probably wouldn't return.

• Visited February 2013
Milano
“Good for Kiev”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Centrally located, in Kreshatik, a fair Indian in Kiev. Although not a fantastic one, probably the best Indian in town so far. Usual dishes (cuurry is so-so) and smiling service. If you are looking for a real Indian, this is not perfect, but the closest thing you could find in Kiev.

Visited February 2013