“Great Restaraunt”

Ranked #202 of 1,994 Restaurants in Kiev
Cuisines: African, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Da Vinci Fish Club is Italian cuisine restaurant at the heart of Kiev. Interior is made in the Renaissance style. In the middle of the hall there is a big round bar in the form of Venetian hat and 12 blowing heads. Beneath the ceiling “floats” a real gondola.In Veroneze banquet hall, accommodating 14 – 20 people, there are art reproductions of the famous Italian painters. Comfortable in a family way is Library hall: bookcases with books, synopsis of classicists and styluses, as well as a VIP-hall for 6 people called Coliseum. On the second floor there are romantic Romeo and Juliet balconies for lovers. Hi-tech hall for non-smokers dramatically differs from the general old Italian style of the restaurant and fits better with the modern view of Kiev over the window. On the windows there are genre photos from the life of Italians, both famous and unknown; all interior elements are made from metal.At the restaurant in full public view there are two big fish tanks with live lobsters. You just need to choose the lobster and it will be prepared according to your taste preferences. Special attention of gourmands deserves the preparation of “flambe” dishes. Every young cook can prepare pizza for himself and his parents under our sensitive guidance. Specialties are served in up-scale handmade dishware.You won’t feel bored in Da Vinci Fish Club. Every evening (except for Sundays) here is the live music, as well as the Italian songs performed by our waiters. Different events, parties, carnivals and festivals are often carried out in this place during which the whole staff is dressed in chic carnival costumes and the restaurant itself turns into festive Italy.In a word, welcome to Da Vinci Fish Club!Da Vinci Fish Club restaurant serves the traditional Italian dishes masterly prepared by the Executive Chief Salvatore De Vivo. Salvatore was born in Naples, he studied and worked in Italy, Germany, Holland, USA, and is a member of the Italian Chief Federation. Among his guests at different times were Toto Cutugno, Helmut Kohl and many other famous celebrities. In USA Salvatore worked as a Executive Chief in Francis Coppola’s restaurant where among his regular guests were Julia Roberts and Nicolas Cage.Open for yourself the pleasure and enjoyment, tasting the new masterpieces from Salvatore De Vivo. "I am happy to do my favorite work and I am doing my best to make the guests feel the warmth, softness and elegance of the Italian atmosphere here, in Da Vinci Fish Club".
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We visited the Da Vinci Fish Club to celebrate my wife's birthday. We were not disappointed. The service was excellent and the food was very good. The presentation of he food was the best part. Each course was presented in such a wy that you did not want to disturb it by eating. They continued to give complementary drinks and food throughout the meal. It was the best meal we had while in Kiev. This is a great place for a special occasion.

1  Thank Phil M
There are newer reviews for Da Vinci Fish Club

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I ate here last night with a friend, reading some of the reviews here, I thought I might need a second mortgage to enjoy myself, I neednt have worried. I have already awarded some restaurants in Kiev 5 stars, I think the standards of culinary quality in Kiev has improved dramatically over the past few years, and I dont hesitate to do the same here. The food was delightful, the service was as good as it gets and in my opinion, provided excellent value for expertly prepared food. I had a warm chicken liver salad and my friend had a nice seafood salad, followed by a salmon steak and a sea food pasta dish, washed down with 2 glasses of very nice red. We were too full to eat a desert, bread was also provided and maybe this was added as an extra, but for 720 Gryvna, I thought it was well worth the money.

3  Thank niamhemer
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I took my other half for his B-day there: it is a lovely special occasion place with excellent food, good selection of drinks, attentive service and overall atmosphere.

1  Thank safaricakes s
Reviewed December 4, 2012

It was really delicious food but a bit expensive. Very interesting restaurant design and fantastic location near the Andreevskaja Church, St Sophia and Mikhaylvskiy Cathedral!

1  Thank Dmytro S
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Small, lovely restaurant. Oysters, fish tartar, turbot fish - everything was fresh and delicious. Beeing from Moscow price 340 euro for two with a bootle of Gewurtzraminer and half bottle of Champagne brut didn't look overpriced at all. Waiter Eugene gave us nice service and interesting talks. The only thing I don't understand in this restaurant is some Ukraine dishes offered such as "salo" for example :) Very patriotic! :))

1  Thank AndreiHartley