“Great service, good apartment.”

KievApts Apart Hotel
Ranked #8 of 381 Specialty Lodging in Kiev
Los Angeles, California
“Great service, good apartment.”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I was visiting Ukraine for the Euros and needed a place to stay in Kyiv for a couple of days and with exorbitant hotel prices and apartments as well, I found these guys who turned out to be great. Apartment was pricier than normal because of the tournament, but really not that extravagant considering my location and what was going on. Place was in the center, a kilometer from the stadium and a couple of blocks from Khreschatyk, kitty corner from Shevchenko Park. Plenty of places around to grab a bite, a beer or things in general and block from the Metro. Apartment itself was clean, spacious, bigger than what I needed in a great old turn of the last century building. Now the better part of my experience was the cordial and professional staff that I dealt with from the start. From Arik's prompt reply to my email requests, to the patience of the guys when my plane was late to Kyiv, and when on the day I had to check out, they allowed me to leave my luggage in their office for the day before I left on the overnight train to Lviv. Definitely will use them again the next time I am in Kyiv and would recommend them to anyone visiting this great city.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Taras S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Turkish first
Leeds
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I recently travelled to Kiev, and used the services of Kiev Apartments,From the start of my stay, my whole experience has been handled expertly by Arek, He arranged my transportation from the Airport,with excellant drivers,The apartment was modern, and easy for the main street,I have no hesitation in rebooking again, Well Done Kiev Apartments !!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Amman, Jordan
Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

I managed to get tickets to the Euro 2012 final and all i had to do was book a decent hotel. Of course given the occasion and close to ZERO availability i was willing to settle for less and pay more. I ended up paying 400 USD a night for accomodation...which was also fine...

I get to the apartment... it's nothing like the pics...it seems the owners had just left 10 mimutes prior to my arrival to make a few hundred dollars!!! The aparemt wasn't dirty but it had cereal leftovers, opened water bottles and a bunch of things a person would not leave when renting out their apartment.

Basically I was ripped off. The apartment i was shown on booking.com was more of a 4 seasons or ritz carlton when compared to what i had to stay at.

I had paid my 2 nights in advance. I ended up getting help from Dimitry, the concierge at the Hyatt (amazing buy btw) who hooked me up for another place right across from the Olympic stadium, clean perfectly located and cheaper. I might never get a refund from booking.com but i hate seeing crooks (Kiev Apts) making a killer by deceiving people and overcharging them for crap!!!

If u need a good, clean place to stay in Kiev i can hook u up with the guy we rented from...Surgey...very decent, honest and cool Ukranian with a beautiful place right by the stadium.

For those interested i can provide pics of both places. I have them on my camera but didn't download them yet.

I couldn't wait till my stay was over to rate my planned stay. All i know is that i'm glad i got it off my chest and best of luck to both teams tom.

And finally, i hope booking.com do something about their credibility by banning thieves and crooks from making money off their great service!!!

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank hlughod
, Manager at KievApts Apart Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
We are sorry you were not satisfied with your stay and we always take our feedback (good or bad) very seriously. Firstly, I would like to state that we own and manager apartments each of which is unique and has its own specific decor. On booking com we show a category of an apartment that can be booked and specifically state that the apartment may vary from the photos, as each one is unique in terms of decorations but all are located in the very center. The guest in this particularly inquiry was accommodate at our standard 1 bedroom apartment. The guest never complained about the cleanliness or any issues. At no point of his stay, not during check in nor during check out were any complaints voiced about the quality of maid service or the apartment. Alternatively, the guest was polite and courteous and appeared to be happy with the apartment. While the price was certainly higher than average due to Euro 2012 final, it was consistent with similar offerings in the center of Kiev at that time.

We are sorry you were not satisfied with your stay, however, without having voiced your complaints to us or any feedback while at the apartment does not give us a chance to remedy any situation. Furthermore, based on the conversations our managers had with you during check in or checkout it did not appear there was any dissatisfaction on your part.

In any event, we hope to see you with us in the future and will work hard to make your next stay with us as pleasant as possible.
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We traveled to Kiev on May 25-27 and stayed in studio apartment (Shelkovichnaya Str.) not far from Bessarabsky Market and Kreschatik. We were very satisfied with the flat and location. Very clear, excellent service. Also I'd like to mention that the manager was so kind to move the dates of our stay twice! And I'm really very obliged to them. I can recommend these apartments to all my friend who're going to visit Kiev! You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Starkville, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed June 1, 2012

My first stay with KievApts was great. I travel alone and on a budget and they had a studio apartment in my price range within walking distance to all the major attractions. I used their excellent airport transfer service. I had a very early departing flight that required a pickup at 4:20 AM. He was right on time and was prepared to perform my outgoing inspection and refund my deposit on the spot. I also had a combintion of Ukranian currency and U.S. dollars to pay for the airport transfer. This was not an issue. I will definately stay with this company on my future visits.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
New York
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I've been going to Ukraine once a year for the past four years and have used these guys exclusively both in Kiev and Odessa (odessaapts.com - same outfit) and have nothing but praise for them. The apartments are exactly as shown in the photos and there are no hidden fees. Everything is as advertised. Their drivers are reliable, are on time at the airport and will be there waiting even if your flight is delayed. My last time there I realized that I was very late to the airport (got confused due to daylight savings time change), phoned the driver and he cut his lunch short to bail me out (I took care of him, of course). To sum up - these guys can be counted on.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
London
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Great apartment and service. No problems. Maybe imrove taste of bed clothing..Air conditioning will be a problem in summer since was not effective.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends