“Unforgettable”

Kiev Central Station Hostel
Ranked #4 of 391 Specialty Lodging in Kiev
Reviewed October 13, 2013

+ Staff spoke good English, Good Value, Convenient to train station, Decent kitchen.

- It seemed nice at first. I booked direct through the hostel website but didn't receive an email confirmation, Neither did I get a receipt when I payed in full the first day. The deposit for the key for the locker was 50 UAH. People were walking around the dorm and corridor to the toilets in just their underwear. Clothes were dried on horses in the 12 bed dorm.
When I was staying there were rough looking guys who acted like Gang members  who seemed to be getting along well with the younger female staff members, and got wasted every night and were swearing in the dorm and common area; guys not to be messed with. Could not have an extra lie in if I needed it; the guys would be talking loudly to these girls whenever they decided to get up. Dormitory door never seemed to be closed; often returned and found the door to top floor wide open. Could not smoke in the balcony beside kitchen despite the fact that it was never used by anyone. Drugs were allowed however. Had to sleep in the common lounge to get away from noise in the dorms.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Tony C
There are newer reviews for Kiev Central Station Hostel

Reviewed September 9, 2013

This hostel is in a hard place to find. There are two streets with similar names, so be careful when you go there. The entrance of the hostel is not very easy to find in the street, because there are no indications in the street that the hostel is there.

The hostel is not very clean and the desk is not in the same floor as the rooms, because the building where the hostel is, is an old building that used to have old apartments.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Address is clear, Location is near the bus station which is good. Hostel is clean,Joanna and Aricio are nice and friendly people. I stayed there for two days and it was comfortable and I loved it. If I come back to kiev definitely I will stay at this hostel. I strongly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 21, 2013

The hospitable owner made staying in Kiev exceedingly easy. Firsthand knowledge of the area, accurate recommendations, he even offered to pick me up from the hospital after I fell ill. At night, hostel-wide excursions are frequent. The staff treats the guests more like old friends.

My personal favorite experience: I had no idea microbreweries existed within the city, and now I have a new favorite beer.

Fred Dingles, ex-pat teacher of the English Language.

Room Tip: The smaller rooms in the back overlook a quiet back alley. The larger rooms in front the street. Sta...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Good location, clean, cosy, comfortable rooms, two common rooms help to integrate with other people or chill, very helpful stuff, flexible and totally open-minded for people - they love to do it and they know, how to do it! Administrators of the hostel seem to make everything they can, if you need any help. (Ukraine is sometimes very strange and difficult to understand :) Exzellent atmosphere (you feel like at home with many friends around;) Awesome bar Palata nr 6 near to the hostel. I've spent much time in this hostel, I always come back, cause when I leave I start to miss being there...

Room Tip: 4-bed-dorm because it has balcony ;-) they have also female 6-bed-dorm and cosy private room. 12-bed...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank AnnaMariaHoma
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I spend three days in this place and that was awesome time. I have met a lot of genius person in calm atmosphere with beer, tea whatever. Administrator of hostel help us to find all necessary information and places for see. I have felt like in home.

Room Tip: Hostel has several rooms on two floor, you will be able to choose room whatever you want
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Small and cozy, very clean, travelers get special attention from the owners, good advice and tips and a lot of help if needed. Colorful and a lot of facilities. Compared to the stories I heard about ukraine, this hostel is a heaven.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends