Review Highlights
Visit to Mezhygirya Residence

An Absolutely Brilliant tour of the residence!!. Olga was incredibly informative and made the... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
henry r
via mobile
World war II with Oliga

I had the chance to visit World War II museum with Oliga as she had a lot of information about the... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Buflasa77
via mobile

All reviews pub crawl amazing guide beautiful city visit kiev olga unforgetable knowledge culture sights information ukraine
Reviewed January 29, 2019

Olga was a very charmant, well educated, friendly and funny guide. She was good organised, punctual and with the best recommendations in her home town. Thanks a lot!!!

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed January 29, 2019

What is there to say about Olga Karpenko? More than I could possibly fit into a simple review. But, I will give it a shot.

I have had the greatest of luck meeting Olga, and have had her as my guide and translator on multiple occasions. I met Olga through a through another travel agency several years ago. It was winter in Kiev, with snow on the ground. So, rather than walking from one location to another, we were driven. I was immediately impressed with her. Her knowledge of Kiev and Ukraine is expansive. And, this is not limited to simple facts, dates, and specific events, but also to local folklore, customs, and Ukrainian superstitions. Her delivery of information is NOT dry, as if being read from a script but rather enthralling as if being shared by a shaman or storyteller. I also discovered that her knowledge is overshadowed by her charm, charisma, enthusiasm, bubbly personality, and genuine concern for those in her charge. Olga was quick to point out ice on the ground, and offered her arm to help keep me stable as we walked.

On a second opportunity to meet, we spent two afternoons/evenings again taking in the sights of Kiev, museums, quaint (off the beaten path) cafes. The nightlife in Kiev offers just about anything that a person might want. However, Olga recommended something a little different, taking me to a night club / restaurant / karaoke bar that was away from the city center. What an incredible evening of singing (poorly), dancing and dining!

I had the great opportunity to attend the wedding of a friend, but it was to be located in a remote city, and though the younger crowd spoke some English, the rest of the family did not. I had also been honored by the bride to speak at the wedding. Knowing the language barriers, I hired Olga to attend the wedding with me and act as my translator for this two day event. Without Olga, I would not have been able to experience many things, nor understand some of the activities. She was a priceless asset that made my experience amazing. On the way back to Kiev, we stopped in Pirogova, a historical site, and guided tours were available, I didn't need one. Olga knew as much, and perhaps more, than the people there.

When I travel to Ukraine, and have time for a tour, Olga is my "go to". When not looking for a tour, we still manage to find time to experience local restaurants, and share stories or our experiences. If this review sounds a little over the top, I would have to say it is more of an understatement of Olga's talents, knowledge, and charm.

Whether you are looking for museums, historical sites, churches, local folklore, general sight seeing, driving a tank and firing an AK-47, casual and fine dining, nightlife, extended excursions such as a river cruise or skiing the slopes of Bukovel, Olga can arrange it all. Perhaps you don't know what you want, well, just indicate your interests, and Olga will take it from there.

Regardless of what you are looking for, you will discover, as I have, that you have a friend in Ukraine that will make your time there unforgettable! Thank you, Olga for sharing so much knowledge and adventures with me! I wish I could remember half of what you shared.

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed January 28, 2019 via mobile

Great guide who knows the Nice places to visit (akao the not so famous ones)and to eat with space for your personal preferences.

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed January 28, 2019

Olga is a great tour guide. She is funny and well informed plus very funny .I highly recommend her and wish to visit Kiev again one day.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed January 28, 2019 via mobile

The best memories of Kiev thanks to the amazing guide Olga. Deep knowledge of history, as well as the ability to create a warm atmosphere that will make you return to Kiev again and again...

Date of experience: November 2018