“Good food great atmosphere”
Review of Tsarske Selo

Tsarske Selo
Ranked #43 of 1,993 Restaurants in Kiev
Cuisines: Ukrainian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We went here with our tour group. The meal was very diverse. There were some Ukraine dishes.
The waitress worn Ukraine attire .

There are newer reviews for Tsarske Selo

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We entered in a big room with around twenty tables. That day almost all tables were taken. The food is good. I don't know the real taste of traditional foods but comparing some tastes these ones were more tasty and appreciable than other places.
It was served a cranberry juice ( slighty smoked) and Grosh soup (with meat, onions, tomato).
The atmosphere is particular and you are The waiters were dressed with traditional clothes and near my table there was an imitation of a water mill(!)

Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Food was excellent, and the crew was friendly. A handful of Ukrainian or Russian can get them to understand you, too. Atmosphere was very good, and it was not too
crowded. I was in Kiev for work, and I stumbled upon this restaurant one day when I was hungry. Food was good enough for a Filipino like me!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I had been to Tsarske Selo multiple times. Always with lot of other foreigners.
The restaurant can accomodate large groups (or very large groups as well). That is why i had given them 3/5. I would not go there with my family or friends.
Here is my overview:
-very nice location, one of best in Kiev
-cheesy design of interior of Ukrainian country house. Do not like it myself, but to my surprise a lot of foreign guests love it (especially after few vodkas with salo :)
-live music. Big loud distraction to discussions, but again good for some foreign tourists.
-food. Nothing special, but again foreign guests like it.
-Prices in ok range, but had unpleasant discussions with waiters after had to pay for large group huge tip in cash and they wanted more and more (they wanted roughly 1K USD for tip for serving us by 5 people for 3 hours). Ended up giving them money I had left for taxis and all the diferent currencies I had in wallet. Really did not like that. Ok we were large group (30+ people) but still.

But again if you are in large group and you sure your guests will be served big portions of vodka, it is the safe choice for Kiev. Otherwise avoid!!!!

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Very warm, hospitable and polite service, starters are generous, service time is reasonable, food is good but not exceptional, could be considered a little bit pricy, touristic location. But when all is combined with such perfect service, the place deserves an almost 5 stars.