“Almost 5 stars”

Cuisines: Ukrainian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Very warm, hospitable and polite service, starters are generous, service time is reasonable, food is good but not exceptional, could be considered a little bit pricy, touristic location. But when all is combined with such perfect service, the place deserves an almost 5 stars.

There are newer reviews for Tsarske Selo

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I am Ukrainian, but I live in Switzerland. So, for me, it is pleasure to come to this restaurant sometimes, when I am at home, and I like the restaurant, it imitates the Ukrainian village, has traditional Ukrainian food, large vodka menu etc.. The staff wear Ukrainian costumes, si I like it really.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This restaurant is very impressive to look at - if a bit cheesy. Staff are dressed in folk costume, and the decor reflects that. The menu is good, and the food we had was very good - in particular, the bread was divine, and the veal Shashlik i had was great. However, compared with other places I ate whilst in Kiev, it was on the expensive side and I have to say the service let the place down. Dishes were brought to the table at different times, and the waitress was disinterested in providing service. I ascribe that partly to the fact that our Russian/Ukrainian was poor (or nearly non-existent) but in comparison to other places I felt let down. It took a long time to get our food and pay the bill. Its location however, means that its the main tourist option (which we were of course) - could do better as clearly it could be a great place to dine.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

It used to be a nice place but clearly became overrated over time and the cuisine significantly dropped - while the mains and especially grilled meat are still good (at is what prevented me from rating the place 'poor'), they manage to get wrong traditional local starters. Add to that fake music and tables full of drunk foreigners and you should get it of any decent list of good places. Pity as it used to be good, in spite of still present kitsch decoration in and mostly out of the restaurant

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Very nice place with good atmosphere, stylish furnitures, great service, local musicians. Menu with a wide range of local dishes. Large vodka menu as well. Food is heavy but great tasting. Price level is low.