“great stay”

InterContinental Kiev
Ranked #2 of 111 Hotels in Kiev
Reviewed September 17, 2013

First time at this hotel. I was in the area on vacation and would definitely stay there again. The hotel is new and well kept. Very large room with a pool and workout room, the king bed was awesome. It is also very clean, the front staff was very helpful.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ekatzbrooklyn
InterContinentalKyiv, Manager at InterContinental Kiev, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are pleased that you appreciated our rooms, pool and team of InterContinental Kiev.
We look forward to welcome you back in InterContinental Kiev in the nearest future.

There are newer reviews for InterContinental Kiev

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Location is a 1-st star that I would grand to this hotel. It surrounded with a most historical building groups and streets.
The 2-nd one goes to staff. The most welcoming that I ever seen in Kiev and through the last year, travelling abroad. That was my BD during the period of stay and I’ve got amazing cake with warm greeting from the management. It was a nice surprise that I didn’t expect. I do have a small difficulty after the foot injury and all the time, exiting or entering the hotel I was supported by “bell boys” and concierge. Many thanks!
The 3rd star goes to rooms and hotel decoration and sky bar with incredible view.
4th for perfect breakfast. Food quality, assortment and very kind service!
And the 5th goes to the lobby bar. Special thanks to Mikhail and Ludmila. Thanks guys!!!
I would be happy to say about the SPA center, but had a pool experience only. The facility is very convenient and well equipped for all your needs. So, my rate is 5+
Just enjoy your stay in Kiev with Intercontinental !

Room Tip: All rooms are very nice
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
InterContinentalKyiv, Manager at InterContinental Kiev, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a warm and kind review!
We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable experience and your comments have been shared amongst the team.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel on your next visit to Kiev.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was our final night in Ukraine and we hoped for a great evening. It was okay. The upgraded room was simply a nicer view but it was still a fairly small room by IC standards. They were chintzy on the bathroom amenities. As the hotel is still very new, everything was clean but I think this will deteriorate with time, unless management starts insisting the cleaning staff use a bit of product when cleaning and raise the standard to a western one, not local. As your choices in Kyiv are limited, this IC is still worth staying at because of its location. Although we didn't have breakfast included, we know it is excellent, having eaten there before. Crazy price though!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view to either St Sophia or St Michael's
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
InterContinentalKyiv, Manager at InterContinental Kiev, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor following your stay with us.
Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences you have faced.
We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Your comments will be addressed to our team.
We hope that you would give us another chance to meet your expectations next time and provide you with a wonderful experience.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is one of the best hotels in Kiev if not the best. Great location, good service and delicious food. The conference facilities are up to international standards. I can recommend it to all business travelers.

1  Thank Tryggvason

Dear Guest,

Thank your for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you liked our location, service and delicious food. Your nice comments have been shared amongst the team.

We trust that we can look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Excellent location in the heart of the city, between two major Cathedrals, the St. Michael's and St. Sophia. Unlike its incredibly ugly neighbore, Hyatt, the Intercontinental fits very organically into the architecture of the city. Nice rooms, very friendly staff. Don't ask the consierge for the guided city tour though. I've got an incredibly annoying guide, which I could not get rid from for half a day. A very nice outside terrace from the internal side of the lobby. And you can never go wrong with the Ukrainian cusine.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sending us your kind feedback and for choosing InterContinental Kiev for your recent stay. We are delighted to hear you find our location excellent and our staff friendly.
We will address your comments about city guide to our concierge.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights (my wife and I) and it was truly a very luxurious stay. The rooms are amazing, very comfortable and classy. You get free internet which is great. 24 hour gym was perfect. Amazing Spa and indoor pool. Very very comfortable beds. The hotel is a bit on the pricy side, but well worth it. My only negative point is that TV system they have, very slow, and stops working most of the time, with all the money the spend, they could have done more on a better TV system and service.

Room Tip: the higher the room the less noise, make sure to ask for top floor rooms
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
InterContinentalKyiv, Manager at InterContinental Kiev, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at InterContinental Kiev. We are happy to hear that you liked our rooms, beds as well as free Wi-Fi and SPA. We have taken your remarks on board regarding our TV system, and we hope, you will see the improvements made on your return.

Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Intercontinental Kiev in late August 2013 for business. Modern yet charming! My room was a moderate size, not too big or too small. The bed was comfortable and the room was very well appointed. The bathroom was large and very modern as well.

I visited the gym twice and both times felt it was very small. Each time I visited, there were at least 2 other guests also using it so it felt cramped. However the equipment was very nice.

As for meals, I ate at both the breakfast buffet and dinner restaurant. I felt both were satisfactory but nothing special. And the fact that smoking is allowed in the bar and dinner restaurant didn't help improve my meal experience.

Overall, this was my first stay in a Kiev hotel and my expectations were exceeded. I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a comfortable, chic hotel with a good location.

• Stayed: August 2013
InterContinentalKyiv, Manager at InterContinental Kiev, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations.
We will address your valuable points to our team and we hope, you will see improvements made on your return.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts.