“Smart Hotel in a great location”

InterContinental Kiev
Ranked #2 of 112 Hotels in Kiev
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This is a typical Intercontinental hotel. Smart lobby with a grand chandelier, comfortable rooms that are fully equipped. Free wifi. The only downside was that my room was facing into an internal space looking out at other bedroom windows. No view and not much light even though I was on the 9th floor. By craning your neck you could check the sky to see what the weather was like. It must be even darker on the floors below. I got the impression that a lot of the rooms must have this issue. On the plus side the hotel; could not be better located, next to St Michaels and a couple of minutes form Santa Sophia

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
892Kateryna, Manager at InterContinental Kiev, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments. We are delighted to hear that your enjoyed our location, comfortable rooms and free WiFi.
Your feedback is very important for us as it helps us to serve our guests better.

We look forward to welcome you back in InterContinental Kiev in the nearest future.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Hotel is well located and most of the sites downtown are just walking distance. Comfortable, luxury & clean rooms, efficient air conditioning. Complimentary mini bar with replaced beverages daily. I just had to be careful with taking shower as water was easily getting out through the glass door and within seconds was bathroom floor filled by water. This was I was staying in this hotel 3 times and every single time I was highly satisfied. Hotel rates could be slightly lower, today they are above average but this is more related to hotel rates in Kiev.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Martin P
InterContinentalKyiv, Manager at InterContinental Kiev, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. We are happy to hear that you find our rooms comfortable, luxury and clean.
We apologize for the inconveniences that you have experienced with water on the bathroom floor. These points will be addressed and we hope, you will see the improvements made on your return

We will do all our best in order to meet you expectations during your next visit to InterContinental Kiev.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

The hotel is well located next to many restaurants, close to the craft market and art galleries, in front of Saint Michael's cathedral and 10 minutes away from Khreshatyk (walking). The service is really good, rooms are good size and there is a small gym and pool to exercise. They have a spa but we didn't use it. We use the pool and my kids loved it because they have some floaters and noodles to play. The water was slighlty cold but the pool has a good size for swiming. The food was really good and there are many options in the room service menu. The atmosfere is very formal and decoration is ostentatious. The only negative point was parking, no valet when we arrived, we had to park ourself and the entrance to the parking lot is extremely narrow. When we left, we were delayed because we needed to stamp the parking receipt (we were not told of this at arrival). Everything else meet our expectations. Breakfast was full of options and the view from the room was beautiful.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
InterContinentalKyiv, Manager at InterContinental Kiev, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us.

We are pleased that you liked our location, rooms and service. We apologize for the inconveniences that you have experienced during your stay. These points will be addressed and we hope when you return you will see the improvements made.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. We all hope that you would give us another chance to make your experience as best as it can be.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

The Inter-Continental is a great hotel. I was in Kyiv for two days on business and stayed there two nights. I arrived early on Monday and they were able to get me into my room immediately. The room was spacious and clean. I really appreciated the complimentary mini-bar (no alcohol) which held cold soft drinks, water (with and without "gas") and fruit juice. I had lunch with a colleague the first day, took a nap in the afternoon and then walked around the city in the evening. I didn't feel like going out for dinner, so ordered room service. The food was delivered promptly and was absolutely delicious. It did not taste like the bland room service food that I am used to on trips.

The business center was open late, all the equipment worked and there was a staff member available if I needed him.

The hotel breakfast was very good, with lots of choices, including my favorites of sausage and cheese, but also more Western choices as well. The service was less impressive at breakfast (I am used to someone coming over and offering coffee) but I am capable of getting my own.

The location can't be beat. Beautiful sites and convenient restaurants and shopping around the hotel.

I departed early morning to catch an early flight and they had some food and coffee out for the many people departing for early flights. Very thoughtful. The concierge had ordered my cab as requested the night before and checkout took 2 minutes.

The next time I am in Kyiv, this is the place I will stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
InterContinentalKyiv, Manager at InterContinental Kiev, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a warm and kind review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay so much.Your recognition is very important to us and we are glad that we met your expectations.
We look forward to welcome you back in InterContinental Kyiv in the nearest future.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

The location of this hotel is excellent, close to St. Michaels's and walking distance to Independence Square. The staff are helpful. It's great to have a bank in the facility to change money. The room we had was comfortable, but like many facilities, they only provide a duvet for bedding. In midsummer, it would be nice to have a light blanket or sheet. I'd rather be comfortable than trendy. The breakfast buffet is excellent, but you need to negotiate it into the price of the room.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing your experience with us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed location of the hotel and our staff. We will pass your great comments to all members of our team.
We have taken your remarks on board regarding our duvet for bedding and breakfast price.
Your feedback is of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Once again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Enjoyed a refreshing iced cappuccino with a decadent dollop of vanilla ice cream and complimentary small biscuits. A Beautiful presentation. Great service in a lovely garden terrace setting far away from the crowds of St Sofia square. Simply lovely!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
InterContinentalKyiv, Manager at InterContinental Kiev, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments. We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable experience and your comments have been shared amongst the team.

We will be happy to welcome you again at InterContinental Kiev.

Hotel Management Team

Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is a centrally situated hotel and is close to the outdoor paining market and the cathedrals. The fruit basket that was in my room was superb (I guzzled most of it). And the hotel lobby is nice with an elegant chandelier.

And yet...

The mini-bar has hardly anything in it (and no alcohol!). The TV in my room was directly in front of the bed and could not be moved - you can only see it from the bed! How ridiculous is that?

Despite this nuisances, the cheeseburger that I ordered was excellent and the amenities (soaps, lotions etc) are what one would expect from an Intercon

But the room was not comfortable and there's something not quite there.

Room Tip: One overlooking the square would be better than the one overlooking the street that I was in.