InterContinental Kiev
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Senator Maidan(Kiev)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscomme il fautgreat hotelrooftop barpillow menuthe club loungetop floormini barbreakfast buffetperfect stayconcierge serviceupgraded roomperfect locationbusiness centerrooms are comfortablethe heart of the citybusiness tripmaidan square
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My new wife and I stayed here at the beginning of April right after we were married. I have enjoyed staying at this prestigious hotel many times and feel very much at home here. I have gotten to know many members of the staff at the concierge desk as well as reception. The service is impeccable! We stayed in an executive deluxe room located on the 10th floor which had an amazing view and was extremely quiet. Our room was very well laid out, huge king bed and tastefully furnished ! The food and dining experiences at this "FIve Star" facility is amazing. For breakfast , the Olivera has I believe the best and most wonderful buffet breakfast you can ever experience. Likewise the B-Hush Lounge on the roof top has delectable Asian cuisine, great bar tenders and terrific music and atmosphere!

The only part of our stay that was deficient was the Club Lounge breakfast. To serve your loyal members and guests this quality of food is hardly consistent with the high standards this hotel is noted for.

None the less a fabulous stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank brent l
InterContinentalKyiv, Manager at InterContinental Kiev, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your constructive and kind feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, our services and facilities. We are taking your comments on board for constant improvement. From the beginning of April we started to implement new standards for the Club InterContinental. We are looking forward to welcoming you in the nearest future and we are also very much excited to hear your feedback on our new Club InterContinental concept that we started to implement from mid. April.

Kind regards,
Hotel Management.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

The last and most magnificent of the first Western business hotels to be built in Kiev after a long period of local infighting and mostly poorly refurbished Soviet hotels, the "Intercon" now has more and very serious contenders for best in Kiev. It remains my favourite however for a number of reasons: 1. The location is superb. It sits next to St. Michaels with long views of St. Sophia and from the spectatular roof terrace, St. Andrews. The soaring ministry of foreign affairs and diplomatic academy are adjacent and it is literally around the block to the the one touristy street in Kiev, the cobble stoned Andrissky with its cute restaurants and art and memorabalia sellers. 2. Hidden behind all those is a long swath of green with a spectacular view over Podil to the river which is ideal for a stroll or a jog. 3. The lobby and reception areas are slightly cramped for space in areas so no soaring vistas on entering, but that is made to work with ornate and heavy materials and fabrics in the lounges giving a very rich coziness which befits a Ukrainian hotel 3. The rooms are very plush in a tasteful way, the internet is free and really works, and although the contents of the mini-bar has deminished, in many packages it is free or at least included. 4. An unusually good selection of sushi and italian cold cuts compliment the usual full selection at breakfast. Service is fast, almost too fast. 5. Ambassador membership ($200) pays for itself with one weekend stay as a night is thrown in and depending upon thirst and appetite, the generous selection of food and drink provided in the executive lounge could put you many dollars ahead!

Room Tip: Higher floors overlooking St. Michaels are the best for combination of view and quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank thepshap
InterContinentalKyiv, Manager at InterContinental Kiev, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking you time and sharing your experience with us. We are glad to hear the you likes our location, interior, food verity and service. We will pass your great comments to our staff. Recognition is very important to us and it is a pleasure to see that we answered your expectations on that manner. We look forward to welcome you in InterContinental Kiev.
Best regards,

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Great service, friendly staff, bent over backwards to accommodate. Stop complaining about prices, you wouldn't bat an eyelash to pay $6 for a beer in your home country. Yes its a bit high, but the atmosphere is right and the service is terrific.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Bagelstein

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking you time and sharing you feedback with us. We are please to hear that we have met your expectations. We look forward to welcome you back in the nearest future.
Regards,

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I went to Kiev for a long weekend to see friends and to go out at the end of March. I stayed in IC and found their service outstanding.

In particular, reception was always very helpful and charming. Even though they had a group of 200 people arriving on the day of my departure, they found a way to extend my check-out time (for free).

Concierge service was fantastic. Not only they gave me a list of options for a night out and made a reservation but they also took care of the "deposit delivery". In Kiev's night clubs one has to bring a deposit to a club in advance in order to guarantee the reservation (clearly not much trust there...). All I had to do was to give money to an IC's concierge when I was enjoying my drink in the IC's bar on the 11th floor. No further effort with regards to logistics was required from me (no queues, no negotiations to get a good table, etc).

The room was very nice, as expected.

Free bar was a pleasant extra, but it had only soft drinks.

Overall, I had a great experience and would love to stay in IC Kiev again.

P.S. The fact that the concierge and the reception staff referred to me by my name (without ever asking me for it!) was very pleasant and made me feel well looked after :)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank KonstantinS289
InterContinentalKyiv, Manager at InterContinental Kiev, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing with us your feedback. We are delightful to hear that you liked our Reception and Concierge services. We will pass your great comments to our colleagues. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the nearest future!

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

No doubt that it is a stunning building and you can see that a lot of money was spent to build it. Unfortunately I found the service did not live up to the building and brand.

Was only one girl on reception when I checked in, no doorman, the snow had not been cleared from the main entrance so had to walk through melting ice etc

Great location but they need to raise the bar a bit

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank djenk_moscow
InterContinentalKyiv, Manager at InterContinental Kiev, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments with us. We are pleased to hear that you like the hotel building and appreciated your comment about the service. Your feedback is very important for us and helps to improve our service. We are looking forward in living up to your expectations with your next stay with us and we remain at your disposal.

Best Regards,