“We only pay the brand and not the real value of the hotel”

InterContinental Kiev
Ranked #2 of 112 Hotels in Kiev
Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Nice location, nice lobby and I have to say quite nice people but for almost 500€ for a regular room I thought I could find a good restaurant inside the hotel ! Not at all ! The worst chicken Kiev ever and very expensive . What is the deal with a 38€ breakfast with barely nothing to choice ?
After my experience in this hotel I really wonder how are the other hotels in Kiev

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Sylvain G
InterContinentalKyiv, Manager at InterContinental Kiev, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time and write your comment. We are delighted to hear that you like the hotel location, interior of the hotel and our team. We have taken your comments on board. Could you please forward your remarks to the following email address: hotel.kiev@ihg.com. We are looking forward in living up to your expectations with your next stay with us and we remain at your disposal.

Hotel Management

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I m traveling a lot in my life, this hotel is really excellent. Good localization comfortable, amiability ,service, all is perfect . Clean , cosy .. Good restaurant , prices normal.. Nothing to said bad. I recommended this hotel in your next trip to Ukraina.

Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank wawa51
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I've stayed there for 1 night. Staff is very professional. Anna at the front desk was super firendly and checked me in pro-fast . Property is luxury, I guess the best one out of 5-star hotels in Kiev. Very comfortable bad and wide selection of pillows. Concierge is knowledgeble and can quckly choose a restauarant or city tour depending on your need.
Value corresponds to quality that you get there 100%, I can just add - it's simply the best & I really enjoyed my experience.

Room Tip: room with city view is really awesome
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Vato84
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed here November 2012. I was very impressed with everything from the quality of the room to the standard of service.

Check-in was very fast and the clerk explained all I needed to know without being asked. From arriving at the front door be me being in my room was less than five minutes. Check-out at 02.45am was just as efficient.

The hotel itself is in the middle of Kiev and is just up the hill from Independence Square. There are numerous bars and restaurants within a short walk from the front door and the hotel is close to a number of local sights including Independence Square the Golden Gate, Pecherks Lavra etc.

The room itself was very well furnished and spotlessly clean. The carpet was so clean it looked new. There was a nice flat screen TV, free wi-fi, sound system/i-phone dock etc. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was really clean and bright and, again spotlessly clean. The room overlooked the main road outside yet he windows were really we soundproofed and I ahd no noise disturbance at all.

Breakfast was a buffet on level 2. There was a great choice of everything from fresh fruit ad yoghurt to traditional cooked breakfasts. The coffee was great – very well made. I had a couple of evening meals and was really impressed.

Overall I would recommend this hotel on all points without any negative comment. It is, perhaps, a little expensive but compares well with other hotels around the world that charge similar prices. I will certainly stay here again without any hesitation.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Bill W
Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is in a premier location and the rooms are very nice. The breakfast buffet has everything you would want and then some. Even has a sushi bar....but the rooftop bar, while it has a beautiful view and is nicely furnished lacks a friendly staff. You also cannot order anything to drink except what is offered on the bar menu, which is limited to their "designer" drinks. Add that with the totally rude staff and it is an expensive waste of time and cash.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
InterContinentalKyiv, Manager at InterContinental Kiev, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing comments about
your stay at InterContinental Kiev. It is a pleasure that you
appreciated location, rooms and breakfasts at our hotel. Please accept
our apologies for the inconveniences you have experienced in our
b-hush lounge bar. Your comments are very important for us in order to
improve the service.
We are looking forward to welcome you again at InterContinental Kiev.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

It was a very pleasant stay there. Central position, new building, excellent sound isolation, very efficient staff. The only problem: elevators didn't work well with our keys and I even had to recharge my key again, because it went demagnetized.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Ljuba_Shumkova
InterContinentalKyiv, Manager at InterContinental Kiev, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing such kind comments about your stay at InterContinental Kiev. We are delighted that you enjoyed room facilities, services and location of the hotel. We apologise for the inconveniences that you had with elevator cards, we are currently working on that problem.

We hope to welcome you again soon at InterContinental Kiev!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

This hotel is the most expensive in Kiev and as such should perfection in all categories. Alas the staff need to be reminded about their high room prices. I paid $600 for a king with club access and the room was first class. The balcony looked out over historic Kiev and the room amenities were superb.Main criticism would be the location of the small flat screen TV placed on the wall so that you can watch while in bed...............really inconvenient except for the fact that there are so few channels to watch that it did not really matter. For 2 nights out of 3 I did not get the turn-down service and towel change etc. Even after calling one night the maid did not come and I had to leave the room for 30 minutes while she did the required and even then forgot to change the towels. Unacceptable that the front desk did not follow-up to make sure it was all correct. As a Ambassador member I was not given the level of guest follow-up that I normally receive. The concierge desk was too busy checking their Facebook page a few times when I was waiting for service. On one occasion I asked the guy how long it would take to get a taxi to a specific destination and he said he "did not know" and did not bother to immediately find out.............he should have been fired! After a few conversations with the front desk manager they sent me a half bottle of cheap Chilean wine and some more fruit. the best part about the hotel is the club lounge as it is non-smoking and served great breakfast and excellent happy hour "dinner". Would I stay again...............yes because of the brand loyalty and next time they will get it right.

Room Tip: Get a club level room
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
InterContinentalKyiv, Manager at InterContinental Kiev, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing your experience with us. We are very delighted that you appreciated our room facilities and location of the hotel. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences you have experienced in our hotel. We have taken your comments on board to improve our service. We are looking forward in living up to your expectations with your next stay with us and we remain at your disposal.