“Nice food maybe not pricey ”
Review of Spotykach

Spotykach
Ranked #18 of 2,598 Restaurants in Kiev
Cuisines: Ukrainian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Yes, Spotykach really be proud! With such care together under one cover the most famous culinary hits of the Soviet era have not for everyone. Here is what restaurant critics over the years will be called "Ukrainian cuisine of the Soviet period," and the mere process of reading the menu is wild appetite. Salad leaves traditional herring under a fur coat, Olivier, Mimosa Capital, salad with beans and a dozen names. Then begins an even more pleasant discoveries. Take, for example, herring with anchovies on potatoes with onions or perch with mushrooms, fried pancakes. Sated fangled delights metropolitan restaurants audience inevitably return to the simple joys that are certain to become trump card Spotykach.
Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I are travelling on s budget so the main courses were out of reach at 250 uah upwards but we had the Ukrainian flag dumplings, salad, beef stroganoff rolls (amazing) and 2 beers for around 450uah. Really nice environment and meal. If not on a budget think this would be lovely another trip perhaps

Date of visit: June 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,000)

Reviewed June 28, 2018

Enjoyed the variety of traditional Ukrainian dishes.

Surprised by plating:
- chess board with shots and Sale
- pork chop on shovel and potatoes on rake

Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

Just walking by we decided to stop and have lunch at Spotykatch. The service was excellent. I enjoyed the fish and chips And my coworker enjoy the Green pea burger. The menu is very interesting and has many items that look very delicious. Or if it was well-prepared.I definitely recommend this as a place to enjoy a meal.

1  Thank joehebda
Reviewed June 21, 2018 via mobile

I had a great meal here. I ate outside on the terrace which was nice. My waitress was awesome, she spoke good English and was very helpful and attentive. I had the borscht which was delicious. I had the meat dumplings and the chicken Kiev which were both delicious. The have a lot of infused vodkas and they offer a sampler tray of about 15 kinds. Each sample is very small but it was very fun to try them all, some I didn’t care for and some I really liked. My favorite was the strawberry lemon. If I come back to Kiev I will definitely eat here again.

1  Thank Over60Countries
sabadashkalena1, Менеджер по связям с общественностью at Spotykach, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2018

Dear guest, thank you so much that you've found time to write this a lovely detailed review, we really appreciate this and our team is touched by these wonderful words of yours. The best thing for us is a satisfaction of our dear guests. Looking forward to see you again and we'll be ready to amaze you with new delicious dishes and of course our home-stylevodka!

Reviewed June 15, 2018 via mobile

I wasn’t leaving Kiev without eating chicken Kiev style. On my last evening in Kiev I frantically searched for Kiev’s best, I found it here at Spotykach. I think I paid less than €7 for a decently sized portion of chicken oozing with garlic butter, fried potatoes, a pint of local beer, and a glass of red wine. The staff were great too, I had embarrassingly left my wallet at my hostel but they were happy enough to let me go back to get it and settle the bill later. Location is very central too, 5 stars overall.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank YoungMurph

YoungMurph,thank you so much for your feedback and appreciation of our work! We are very glad that you liked the quality of the dishes and service in our restaurant! We will be very glad to see you again on a visit!