“Great place”

Ranked #17 of 110 Hotels in Kiev
Strasbourg, France
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2010

A familian hotel very sympatic. For me It's a great place with the best quality/price I found.
A little far from center but they are cheap taxi (30 to 65 gr) that can peak you up from hotel.
3 differents breakfirst. Free wifi.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
5 Thank phil67b

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Turkish first
cleveland, ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2010

This newly remodeled quaint hotel is reminiscent of a better bed and breakfast
available in the states. It is owned and operated by a very accomodating English Speaking family who understands how to provide service that makes your stay there most enjoyable and safe. A guest is treated more like family than a customer.
A wonderful experience!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
4 Thank rss0522
Hessen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2009

I visited the hotel in the middle of December. I have to say that the rooms are very clean. My room was big, with a huge bed, huge TV. I even got a laptop from the hotel as I needed to write some emails. I paid just 70$ for one night stay, and I am sure I could not get a better hotel than this one.

It was not my first time in Kiev, so I was really impressed with the hotel. The location is not bad either. It was hard for the Taxi driver to find it. If you want to go to the city center from this hotel, it is about 10-15 minutes by taxi (depending on the traffic). Costs about 35UAH with Alfa Taxi (the best and cheapest taxi service).

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
5 Thank Archie A
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2009

I have been coming to Kiev since 2004 ( more than 20 visits ) and almost every occasion I have been disappointed with the service levels and quality of the hotels, even some so claimed 4* hotels. 4* maybe to former communist standards but certainly not 4* according to western standards.

But alas in hotel Oselya I finally found a good quality hotel with an excellent service level and competitively priced. Its family run business that pays a lot of attention to your comfort. Very personal service. I cannot over recommend it. Ok its a bit out of beaten track but hey ho, so long as you can feel home from home, its definitely worth it.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
6 Thank siraj s
Aichtal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2009

We stay for one week in Oselya. The whole time it was comfortable. The hotel has a familiar and cosy atmosphere. The rooms are big and modern. Service is very good. The breakfast in the hotel was very good too and you can get a good coffee ervery time.
Near the hotel you can eat in a traditional restaurant but if you will take your dinner in the hotel you get a handmake dinner witch will make with love and it taste very good.
We take a lot of tripps in east countries but Oselya was the best hotel of all.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
6 Thank AichtalBuchi
isola d'elba
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2009

I went in Kiev for a couple of weeks, because my girlfriend is ukrainian. I chosen this hotel right for the good comments on Tripadvisor. After my own experience i can only confirm that my choice has been good indeed. Oksana, Oleksander and all the family are lovely person, always ready to help me in any case, availables for any need and very attentive to our requests. The hotel is small, but the rooms are very clean, light and wide. Breakfast complete and served in room without extra charge (hot sandwiches are very tasty!!). Food fresh and nice. To be perfect, i suggest to put frigobar in the rooms. Anyway the relation between quality and price is absolutely excellent. I'll be back in Kiev and i'll choose this hotel for sure.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
6 Thank chrysos72
d.c.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2009

Veyy helpful staff that provides any assistance you need. Rooms were clean and beautifully decorated. Location was less than ideal but transportation was never a problem with reasonably priced service provided by the hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends