“Just one word: perfect!”
Review of Oselya Kiev

Oselya Kiev
Ranked #23 of 112 Hotels in Kiev
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I stayed at Hotel Oselya last weekend, from February 28 to March 02 and the service they provided was outstanding. I had to deal with Oksana (the owner), her father-in-law as driver for transfers and with two receptionists – and all of them have been very nice, helpful and did everything, that my stay was perfect. Before my arrival, eMails have been answered very quick and with detailed information.
My room was spacious and had all amenities. A large, comfy bed, TV with a lot of channels (including international ones), a mini-bar. Usually I avoid mini-bars, because of the usually ridicolous high prices. But the mini-bar at Hotel Oselya is reasonable, for example a beer for 12-15 UAH. The bathroom comes with hair-dryer and – what I really like – a heated floor.
The breakfast was pleanty and tasty and on my day of departure I had to leave early and they prepered breakfast for me at 04.30a.m.! And even if it’s not a restaurant, they offer meals for dinner and I had Bortsch and Pelmeni and it was very yummy. There is a large garden (due to the weather I didn’t used it – but on a sunny summer afternoon it must be a very nice place to relax). The hotel is not in the city center, but that is no problem at all. They provide free shuttle service to and from the Metro, so that it is very easy to reach the center.
It is a great place to stay with lovely people in a very beautiful city!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank laendersammler
Oksana_Bogorodova, Owner at Oselya Kiev, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Dear Marcus, thank you for your nice review. It is amazing to get it from top contributor. Thank you very much! Oksana

Reviewed January 31, 2014

This hotel has incredible atmosphere of real home. My room was big and light, decorated with taste. It even had owners musical instrument which he had in childhood fixed on the wall. Hotel has 7 rooms but all rooms are different and I want to try “Sky on clouds” room next time. I asked for breakfast in my room and had it hot and tasty. Staff at reception is very kind and truly hospitable. They speak good English and helped me to schedule my plans in Kiev. One thing which I have to mention and which I didn’t experience because of the weather is garden. Very beautiful and big I’m sure it is very relaxing to have tea or to read there. I visited hotel in December when city had demonstrations and choose hotel because of the location. Hotel is not located in downtown but close enough to get there in 10 min by taxi. I felt myself totally safe because of the location and surrounding. Definitely recommend to anyone who is looking for value for money stay in Kiev.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank mark f

Dear Mark, thank you for your review. We will be glad to help you to plan your trip around Ukraine. I believe you will enjoy other cities too. Regards, Oksana

Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in Myth of the Sun room for 2 weeks. We were treated like family. Girls at front desk helped plan excursions and even helped find lost family/towns. Owners and staff are wonderful. Included Breakfasts were hearty and kept us going all day. Can get food off hours too. Is located out of downtown but they offer rides to metro subway stations. Can also walk back -15/20 mins downhill- just know location is in suburb so you get a more real experience than downtown. First time in Ukraine but felt at home due to welcoming and unbelievably helpful owners/staff. The Oselya made our trip!!!! Will stay again.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Geochick_Houston
Oksana_Bogorodova, Owner at Oselya Kiev, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Thank you very much for new expereince for us. We didnt know that Internet gives so much opportunities for genealogical research. Now we know ) You still have one place to visit in Ukraine and we are looking forward to you. Oksana

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I absolutely recommend Oselya hotel. It is a wonderful hotel completely unique with great staff, food and service. Pricing is very competitive. The breakfast included in the price was very good. The hotel is not that close to any subway stops, but its a safe area to walk and taxis are easy to get. A plus of it's being a little off the beaten path is it's very quiet and peaceful. I really enjoyed my stay here and will try to come again!

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank bellafga

Thank you very much for your review. Especially for mentioning our location. We are proud to be located in Kyiv but in special place that is part of our family almost 200 years. We will be glad to welcome you in Oselya again. Oksana

Reviewed December 20, 2013

limited rooms but rooms are excellent .location is average .there is no restaurant in the hotel .reception people are very friendly and helpful .breakfast is good .wifi is available and speed is good .overall is a good experience .feels like home

Room Tip: first floor rooms are better
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you very much for your feedback. We will be glad to welcome you in Oselya soon. Oksana

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Nice B&B with good location if u are looking for peacefull stay. Downtown is 10 min by car. Nearby are lakes, big park, monastery and village museum. Hotel gives bycicals for rent but Kiev is danger city for ride. Maximum you can take it for park. We really enjoyed the atmosphere of the hotel. Nice option if you want to explore the city.

Room Tip: We stayed at Sky on clouds room. It was big and light room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mariya S

Dear Mariya, thank you for your feedback and for staying with us. Recently I discovered new beautiful road for bicycle trip and will be glad to go bicycle with you again. See you in Spring. Oksana

Reviewed December 7, 2013

I would describe this as a boutique hotel and I believe there are seven rooms available, and it is situated in calm and green part of Kiev. We had beautiful view from the room to the garden.

We stayed a few nights before and after doing trip to Chornobyl. Oksana the owner kindly arranged trip for us. Staying in the hotel was so relaxing! Oksana and Lena were very kind and interesting to get to know, and took me under their wing after I got ill. They also arranged trip to Poltava. Home-cooked meals during our stay were delicious.

I recommend this to anyone wanting to relax and stay away from the noise of Kiev but at the same time to be in the city.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Andreasge

Dear Andrea, it is very nice you managed to keep nice memories from Ukraine after your trip. I hope your health is much better now. See you again as there are many places in Ukraine which you should see! Oksana