“A classy, friendly hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oselya Kiev

Oselya Kiev
Ranked #19 of 111 Hotels in Kiev
Denver, Colorado
“A classy, friendly hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

I flew to Kiev and drove to the Oselya Hotel in mid-October. When I arrived, I was greeted by a very friendly woman named Juliya who worked at the front desk. I had just arrived in Kiev from being in a combat zone, and was looking for a place to relax, unwind, and enjoy my 2 weeks of vacation. The Oselya was the perfect place for that. The ladies at the front desk let me get a coffee and use my laptop in the hotel lobby, which was very warm and friendly. Whenever I wanted to go somewhere, Juliya or one of the other staff members would call a cab for me and determine the price I would pay before I went down to Kreshatyk Street or to a restaurant. That saved me a lot of money, I’m sure. About one week into my trip, I decided to go to Odessa for a few days. Oksana and her staff allowed me to keep my backpack at the hotel while I took the train (12 hours) to Odessa. Juliya even went down to the train station with me the day before and explained exactly what I needed to do and where I needed to go to catch my train the next day. While I was in Odessa, I couldn’t wait to get back to Kiev and go back to the Oselya. The staff there totally made me feel at home, and that’s what I needed in order to get some much needed rest. Oksana, Juliya and all the other staff members were very friendly and made my first trip to Ukraine very memorable. I plan on returning to the Oselya and will highly recommend it to anyone going to Kiev.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Scott H
Oksana_Bogorodova, Owner at Oselya Kiev, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Dear Scott, we were also very pleased by your staying in our hotel. We are happy to host good people and do all the best for them. Thank you very much for you long-term staying. Hopefully the next visit will be soon ) Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Oksana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

my experience was not the best.
First of all the room was cold especially the bathroom.
You enter into a ill-lit reception area which feels rather abandoned.
Small TV with NO english channels at all. Only Ukranian.

As it was snowing outside so I would have preferred to eat dinner at the hotel, but to no avail.
It seems there is no restaurant in the hotel.....
So I had to walk 10mins in deep snow to the nearest restaurant, resulting in wet feet.

When I woke up, I went to breakfast which was served in the reception.
I was given a chair looking at a window on my own.
Breakfast was not a buffet it was a bit of cereal and a cheesy toasty sandwich which was ok...
It was more the setting which was a let down.

The Staff was OK but had a problem with the credit card machine which was a bit frustrating.

Then the transfer. First of all the lady at the counter said the transfer would cost 200 Ukranian.
To my surprise when i got out to withdraw cash the amount had miraculously gone up to 250.
That i found a bit dodgy.

This hotel is good for couples on holidays looking for a cheap deal.
Not foe business trips.

Cheers,

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank gazsi1
Dear Gaspar, thank you very much for your review. I studied in details your comments and as I see discomfort which you had in our hotel was caused by lack of communications between us. And I'm really sorry about it. There are more than 500 channels on TV, we serve dinner in the hotel, and each room has regulation for heating and can be heated till +27C. You were so positive and nice that we couldn’t guess something is going wrong. I feel really bad as you didn't feel good in our hotel at the time we could easy remove cause of your discomfort. Your review is very helpful for us and we got findings which can help us to become better. I hope we can meet again and to make your staying perfect or even the best one you have had. Have a nice day. Oksana Bogorodova
Mont-Saint-Hilaire, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

This hotel is the best in Kiev, the service is incredible, the prices are great. The hotel is in a very quiet and peaceful area of Kiev, near the bus stops and metro.

The staff speak very well in English and where friendly.

I recommend this hotel to any one who is travelling to Kiev.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Daniel T
Oksana_Bogorodova, Owner at Oselya Kiev, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Daniel, thank you for your nice feedback. Have a nice weekend. Oksana Bogorodova
Milano
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stay in Oselya has been a pleasure. My wife and I felt to be at home.
Oxana and her team were so kind to help us in our first experience in KIev and in Ukrain.
The hotel is located in a very quite zone of the city not so far from the center. It is little but very nice and clean. We appreciated so much the three breakfast options with which you can last till the dinner.

Try Oselia and ejoy it

Massimo

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ildigiampi
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed at Oselya in May 2012, and we absolutely loved it. We did our research and chose Oselya because of the great reviews they had on Trip Advisor, combined with a good price. We spoke to them ahead of time and arranged to have dinner at Oselya on our first night, since we would be getting in in the evening and didn't want to worry about going all the way into the City and back again, as we had an early morning the next day. Because of bad weather and a tour that ran long, we were about an hour later than we said we would be and came to the hotel, drenched from the rain, at about 9 pm. It was no problem. The young lady at the front desk (who was really helpful, and also really funny when she tried to teach my boyfriend some Ukrainian phrases) made the dinner for us and told us she would call us when it was ready. She showed us to our room, which was beautiful. Balconies, a decent sized bathroom, and very clean and comfortable. When she called us for dinner, we were shocked - it was about 5 courses, and SPECTACULAR. It was seriously one of the best meals I had my entire vacation. The russian salad and borscht were to die for. Every night they take your order for breakfast, and then when you get up in the morning there's omelets, pancakes (which are served more like blintzes), fruit, and it's all awesome. The service was great. We were nervous about dealing with taxi drivers (and escalated pricing), but they negotiated the prices for us before we got in the taxi and we had no problems. Getting there from the train/bus was tricky, but not terrible. We did have to stop and ask for directions because the buses are a bit crazy, but it wasn't too difficult to get to the hotel. It was worth it because it was like staying in someone's home rather than a hotel, and it was fantastic. I would highly recommend Oselya. BTW there was no fitness center (that I know of) so I'm not sure why it asked me to rate it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank carriefax
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

This place is amazing!

Beautiful place, out of city location, staff that never cease to amaze etc. My partner and myself stayed here whilst visiting Kiev and the staff at this beautiful hotel made our stay super easy - booking taxis, places to eat etc and looking out for us to make sure that we paid local rates instead of Western rates...

When we go back to Kiev, we will stay here again - perfect!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank sophos9
Derby in the UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Small family run hotel in the suburbs in a very quiet neighbourhood, a few miles outside the centre of Kiev. The hotel staff are very friendly, rooms are very well maintained, cleans and very comfortable. You have a choice of several breakfast choices which usually consist of omelettes, meats, cake, bread and choice of coffee or tea.
The centre of Kiev is a bus ride and a metro train away, which isn’t as daunting as it sounds. We chose to walk to the metro about 15 to 20 minutes’ walk then a 15 minute metro ride to the city for a cost of about 20 cents one way.
Getting to the hotel you would be wise to book the transportation service offered by the hotel which is about $50 for a return journey.
I cannot say anything negative about the Oselya, its great value for money; if location is a factor in your holiday plans then this is not for you

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Chariotchoogle
Oksana_Bogorodova, Owner at Oselya Kiev, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Always big pleasure to get feedback from Top Contributor. And double pleasure to get wonderful feedback from Top Contributor ) Thank you very much and hope to see you soon again in our hotel.