“Hidden gem!”

Ranked #18 of 111 Hotels in Kiev
vancouver
“Hidden gem!”
Reviewed September 20, 2011

We were greeted at the airport by one of the hotel's family members. For a small fee we were given a guided tour of the city before being taken to the hotel which had been recently renovated. The hotel was small and full of charm and character - everyone was charming and gracious. We had a delicious meal at a restaurant within walking distance that was recommended by our gracious hosts. there is free WiFi in the rooms or the staff can lend a laptop to use in the lobby. The breakfast was substantial - toast, eggs, cereals, fruits and fruit juices and piping hot coffee. The only drawback was the distance from the city centre; however, there were inexpensive taxis or the hotel car (if available).

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Turkish first
Yucca Valley, California
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Oselya is the best. Julie and Alla were working the desk the week I stayed and both were friendly, helpfull, competent and proffesional and spoke good english! My room was on the first floor and was comfortable, large, tasefully decorated and the bed super comfortable. The girls helped arrange taxis into town and were available to help arrange transfers to and from the Airport. My breakfast was excellent in everyway and one day I ordered a sandwhich for lunch which was excellent aswell. They have a lovely walled in, outdoor yard complete with gazebo and pond with waterfall. I was comfortable and felt safe and secure... What more can I say, for me, it is the place to stay! Just beware that you are well outside of the city center and that Taxis are most likely what a person will want to use to go into the City although Buses are available... the Taxis are so cheap so why bother with the bus?

Room Tip: I believe I stayed in their least expensive room and it and the bathroom were both spacious and beau...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank GreggoHidesert
Germany
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Really awesome hotel for this price. Very clean and nice rooms. Extremely kind hotel staff that helps you with everything all the time and never gets tired doing so. They really care about their customers, not just serve them well.
Only negative point is the "dead" looking garden, but that might change in the future, since they are still working on it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Daniel H
Dortmund, Germany
Reviewed August 30, 2011

I stayed at hotel oselya one night on my stop over from Dortmund to Simferopol (2011-08-13). It was a very warm and kind welcome at the reception. A nice girl called Lena explained everything in a pretty good English. I had the ´Italian room´ and love it from the first second. There was a minibar with moderate prices, an ac, satellite-tv, a krupps coffee-machine and a power-shower. Everything was cleaned up like it should be. When I mentioned to think about going to the city for a walk by taxi, Lena managed the radio-taxi, the price of the cab and offered me, to call her, when I want to come back. Then she would order a taxi to the place, where I will be to pick me up. That was a really good support and saving money, because taxi drivers in Kiev normally take about 20 euro from people, who don´t talk Russian or Ukraine. With Lena´s help, I was just 6 euro. I had to get up early, so I got a wakeup call at 6 a.m. I got the call and the coffee was ready. Then the hotel even offered me a lift to the airport and I got there for free. So it was just a brilliant stay at the oselya. Thanks to the crew once again!

Room Tip: As I said, I took the Italian room and loved it.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Hamburg
Reviewed August 26, 2011

+ very friendly + helpful staff
+ good price for the service
+ spacious and clean rooms
+ free WiFi
+ 10% discount for dinners at a restaurant in walking distance
o the hotel is located up a slope, so the 10-min-walk from the bus stop can be a little exhausting, especially if done with luggage.
+ hotel offers a shuttle service to the airport and to the train station

2 Thank kaysch
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We stayed at "Oselya" JUL-28 through JUL-31. I found the place over the internet and decided to book it despite the remote location based on excellent reviews. The hotel turned to be even better than we expected for such a reasonable price (comparing to Kiev prices). The area where Oselya is situated is very quiet and you can even tell the difference in the air you breath comparing to the one in the city. We were intimidated a little bit by the long ride to the city center however it turned to be very fast and comfortable. The service is very good, rooms are clean and the breakfast makes you full for a good half of a day. This hotel will definitely be our first choice when we are in Kiev the next time.

Anna and Rob Berish, Austin TX, USA

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Anna B
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed August 23, 2011

We were looking for a place to call home for 5 nights in Kiev. Oselya was the perfect choice. It is a family-run hotel (more like a bed and breakfast) that opened in 2009 or 2010.

The English-speaking staff e-mailed us immediately after booking to arrange our transfers to and from the airport. This was a GREAT service and a good value. It's one of the owners that picks you up, so you can trust them, their car, and their sense of direction. Our flight from Moscow was delayed so we communicated by e-mail. The driver was there right as we got out of customs with our name on a sign. He even stopped to help us change currency.

The hotel is extremely clean and well-appointed. The King bed was big and comfy. We never heard the other residents at ALL, so either it's well-insulated or we're just the loud ones. :) A problem with our balcony door got fixed the second day without our even asking. The steamy shower was luxurious.

There's a mini-frig in the room that you can snack from or choose beverages. This is a good feature, since the closest market is about a 10-minute walk away. The Russian and English staff at the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful with our accommodations as well as navigating the public transportation system. (Which is quite easy especially if you speak Russian like my wife.)

Our only complaints were minor. The neighborhood dogs were indeed loud, but we're used to that anyway. The towels had the consistency of sandpaper. And the satellite TV, although it claims to have hundreds of channels, had only a few actually working, and none in English. We entertained ourselves with YouTube videos on our laptop and a movie borrowed from a small DVD collection at the front desk.

Breakfast was delicious but identical everyday. You order your selections the night before and they have it all ready for you in the morning at your table. We ate enough to skip lunch every day.

You can tell the owners have put a lot of care and love into this hotel. You won't be disappointed, especially for the reasonable price!

3 Thank Will A