“Well done steaks”
Review of Bessarabia

Bessarabia
Ranked #278 of 2,454 Restaurants in Kiev
Description: In the early 19th, century near the downtown of Kyiv, appeared a new vivid trading place. The most delicious fruits, wine and fish from all over the Bessarabia were sold here. One hundred years later, we present another page of the history. Here, on Bessarabia square, we create the place which is dedicated to the new Southern Ukrainian gastronomy.
Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

I had a steak here and asked for it to be medium rare. My son asked for his to be rare. Both steaks were cooked well done. As I was eating my steak a man at a table asked me, "How do you like your well done steak cooking."
The restaurant is pleasant and the staff were ok but understanding English was a problem for some.
The restaurant seems to be popular with the locals.

Reviewed June 3, 2018 via mobile

Did I like the place? Yes. Would I go back? Yes. Was this place 5*? No.

The decor is certainly of 5* standard and I spent a good 4 hours in this place relaxing and sampling their menu.

Service was so random, sometimes because of being lost in translation, other times I think culturally they don’t hurry with anything. They were all friendly enough though which counts for a lot.

As for food, I had some good seafood in here however my father ordered a steak medium rare and I ordered mine blue. They both arrived well done. It felt like we’d ordered pork chops, but nevermind - it was far better than other places had to offer and I would still recommend a visit if you’re not in a rush.

Reviewed May 5, 2018 via mobile

We have only have god things to say about this place. Indeed, we went twice, first for lunch and then for dinner the following evening. I can understand that for locals this will be an expensive place. Yet it represented very good value and quality for us and we could be certain of excellent food and service. My Moldovan white wine was delicious as were the dips and the seafood soup. My companion’s t-bone was a delight and the staff’s suggestions very helpful. Dining outside was a pleasure. Meal for two was £50 or about 1,800 UAH.

Reviewed April 21, 2018 via mobile

Had an amazing meal here! For once a great wine list, the reds with the ribeye I can recommend! Also it’s one of the bars in Ukraine that understand having outdoor seating, excellent service and great food can all come together for a great dining experience. For a first trip to Ukraine, this restaurant will remain in the memory for great food and friendly service. Thanks guys!

1  Thank James L
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Cosy ambiance
Small portions
Overpriced
Average service

I had high expectations from a Borysov restaurant as the others I’ve been to were good to outstanding. But this one was a disappointment. Not impressed at alll by tar tar and seafood soup.

Been to Bessarabia? Share your experiences!