“better than expected”
Review of O'Panas

Ranked #27 of 2,269 Restaurants in Kiev
Cuisines: Ukrainian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 25, 2012

While visiting Taras Schevchenko park, we decided to grab smth to eat before my train departure. The vine menu was quite impressive with large choices of red wine, and even some vintage ones (though would not say it was proper to the place).

The service was awful, as upon ordering we could not find any suggestions, and there was no politeness in the manner of handling the table. The wifi connection did not work.

We had some warm vine, and main course. The grilled vegetables, and the baked potatoes with green butter, and my friend got the potato pancakes. Food was served quickly, but quality suggests for better.

Overal 90% of the guests were not local, what usually suggests on poor quality of the restaurant, the menu was pictures (reminded Asia in a way :) though if your Ukrainian level is poor, the menu with pictures can be great relief ;)

Overall was pricy place with average quality of food.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

O'Panas used to be one of the best ukraine restaurents in Kiev. My collueges still tell me how good it USED to be. But most of them do not go there anymore because service and quality of food are decreasing. But I wanted to try and I have to say:
It is ok but not more. You want get a bad meal but if is nothing you will remember for the rest of your life. Service is very slow.
I had rabbit (a little bit to long in the oven, quite dry) and salad (with tongue but too much majonaise). The starters are much better than the main dishes.
The atmosphere is very touristic but I do not mind...I even like it a little bit.
There are some more nice places for UA food in Kiev but if you are in the area and really want to eat than do not mind - you will get enough to eat and you will be able to eat it. It just will not be delishes - but ok.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

We ate here at the recommendation of a Ukrainian friend. Food was excellent and we found the service excellent! Our waiter did not speak English, but I was able to converse in Russian with no problem. However, the menu also has English descriptions of all the foods as well as photographs, so English speakers should not have any difficulty.
While it was a bit touristy, the place has great atmosphere and is in a beautiful setting right in the middle of the city. When we dined there, there seemed to be mostly locals. The food was reasonably priced. All in all, I was very please with our dining experience.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

It is situated in the center of Kyiv, in the heart of Shevchenko park. If you like ukrainian cuisine-this is definately a place for you. I do not really appreciate that kind of food, but the atmosphere and servis are great.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

that is a good ukrainian place. very nice decorations, and often famous people are there for a meal or coffee. have discount cards for the place and always enjoyed it - till the last visit.had taking our client for the quick lunch, and of course tried to order all Ukrainian food. Vareniki, borsch, chicken-Kiev.... waiter was not nice and often was ignorant - instead of chicken Kiev - as they do not have such a dish she brought similar for 170 UAH or 22$ - just for one small dish without asking if it is the same we are ordering as it sure did not look the same.
the total was 460 UAH and when i presented her discount cards her reply was - she had already issue it so cannot change - -i could not fight back and to look good before the client paid with a tip 500 UAH - that was my so called business lunch....