“The food is OK”
Review of Last Barricade

Last Barricade
Ranked #23 of 2,629 Restaurants in Kiev
Description: Ostannya Barykada - is an art and gastronomic space, a meeting place of free people - new generation, born with three modern Ukrainian revolutions. Ostannya Barykada is a museum of three modern Ukrainian revolutions. Ostannya Barykada is 100% Ukrainian gastronomy and the first 100% Ukrainian bar. Boritesya – poborete! Fight and win!
Reviewed October 16, 2018 via mobile

This “secret” place is amazing. The idea and the design are great. But I would expect food to be more tasty. It is just OK. The Ukrainian foie gras and alcohol drinks were very good. All other food was average

Reviewed October 13, 2018

This restaurant is worth going to for the experience. However, the service is not very good. The food is good, but the portions are small for the price. Still, I must give it an "Excellent" rating for the concept and style. A truly unforgettable place. Just be careful about getting the correct change from the waitress (she claimed we gave her less than we did). If the restaurant were any less cool, I would give it a mediocre review, but I feel compelled to recommend it because I have never seen anything else like it before. The doorman was also quite friendly and helpful. Дякую

1  Thank LeeJLeeJ
Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

Went there twice first time I gave my friend the secret password and said it Ukrainian had a nice meal..

Second visit I said the password in English and struggled a little but I got in via one of the secret entry doors guarded my a midget (very small Ukraine man) then via a James Bond style second entry point if Russia ever get to Kiev I am not sure they would find this restaurant quickly if in war! So well guarded is the entry... Once in if they have time you get the tour of the pure Ukrainian bar and then your rotated to your seats... the prices are not cheap by Ukrainian standards but not fear by English standards either maybe Trout £6 or Young Lamb £7 so maybe no dearer than a English high street chain except the food atmosphere and overall quality is better and it’s in my top 10 Ukrainian restaurants for sure and number one for Ukrainian food in Kiev for me I love the other one I reviewed in the park which may be better than this due to iconic location however the food here is much better so from a good sense it’s my favourite... and one of only 2 Ukrainian restaurants I’d return to in the city my other favourites are Georgian and tartar... this also has a open kitchen and it’s hidden within maidan globus centre!! I will be going back it’s cool trendy and exclusive clean with open kitchen... my only small minus would be slow service but I take into account its popularity and that the staff are polite and do there best they also use tablets to take your order all in all this is well worth 5 star and any tourist who don’t go here are missing out!! If you use lifts in globus look for 2 letters not numbers and find the password on google are my two practical bits of advice... don’t let this one pass by it’s a real treat...

1  Thank PopeDaveThe1st
Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful restaurant with great story, but horrible service. We were waiting for a table for minimum one hour and then for service minimum 30 minutes more. So actually, bad service in restaurant left very bad impression. I hope it will be improved.

Reviewed October 3, 2018

Our friends took us here buy didn't tell us where it was or what to expect.
We were walking down a subway when our friends dissappeared. we were a few steps ahead. They had gone through some door that looked like service doors. Inside was a surprise. the place is very spacious and the food excellent and great value. well worth a visit we would go again.

there are a few surprises which I will let you find for yourselves :-)

Date of visit: September 2018