“Roaches in Food”

Diwali - Indian Restaurant
Ranked #674 of 1,481 Restaurants in Belgrade
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Maharaja restaurant, the mystical and authentic world of exquisite dining. Our great tasting food is presented to you as a complete culinary masterpiece. Enjoy delicious indian cuisine at its best in an elegant and intimate ambience . Experience the warmth and charm of our wonderful and creative cuisine in a cordial atmoshpere. Contrary to popular belief, Indian food is not and does not have to be spiced overly hot to be enjoyed. In fact the art in Indian cookery lies in the delicacy of spicing. In order to be able to satisfy all our patrons we offer different levels of spicing for almost all the items on this menu. Our knowledgeable staff will be pleased to familiarize you with the various levels of spicing and also assist you in the selection of your dinner menu. Please do not hesitate to consult your server. With our courteous and attentive service we will endeavor to make your food experience at Maharaja a memorable one and hope that it will leave you with a desire to come back again and again. Free wireless Internet access is available. Our dear guests can enjoy in meals in our beautiful garden.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went for lunch this weekend on SAT, when they brought the food, we saw the roaches in soup. It was one of horrible exp of my life. I will be complaining to Food authorities for the inspection. These restaurants are playing with customers health.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Diwali is perhaps not the most authentic Indian restaurant to ever exist, but all the dishes are tasty in their own Westernized way. The chicken korma was especially delicious.
Ths prices are fair, and they offer both a la cart and buffet dining.
Major points for the lovely little yard and the polite service. Thank you Tej!

Reviewed May 14, 2018 via mobile

Eight of us had a lovely dinner. We ordered several dishes, both veg and non-veg. Spices you can only taste in an Indian restaurant. Caution, some dishes can be very hot. The staff are kind. The waitor had described each meal down to all the ingredients. They all speak Serbian too.

Reviewed April 10, 2018

I took a party of 17 Serbians to sample the British national dish - curry. Surprisingly Serbs don't like spicy food ! - so we didn't have anything too hot. A marvellous eating experience, take note of the chef's recommendations - the Pork Curry was something I wouldn't of ordered for everyone but it was great, probably the best dish of the evening. This is Serbian-style Indian food with Serbian ingredients - so the 'Madras' (the industriski standard in any British Indian Restaurant, spicy ,the best and cheapest on the menu) arrives as a 'Paradis' tomato-based dish - not like the Indian food I am used to in Britain so it wasn't quite what I was expecting but I can't complain about as it was all well prepared. Rice is always disappointing in Belgrade in any style restaurant-always overcooked or microwaved it seems - the only item to be avoided, plenty of breads on the menu, although the variation wasn't that great.The only other downside is the location - it's tricky to find even with Sat-Nav.

Would I go again? Naravno! - of course! - It's worth planning to try every item on the menu as I'm sure there are a few more surprises, so Ill be there every six months. As for price, cheap by London standards but as much as the rest of the UK so I guess a bit expensive for Belgrade. . . but it is only one of two 'Indians' in Belgrade and for me . . . a little bit of traditional Britain - Chicken Tikka Massala (don'y worry it's mild so Serbians will love it) being the most popular of all 'eaten-out' food consumed in the UK (a recipe for the British palette) - when is it coming to Belgrade?

The staff are great! Very knowledgeable and attentive, I couldn't fault the service and their ability to rustle up a vegetarian dish for the only vegetarian that I had forgotten about in our party.

Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

My dish was wonderful - their special chicken, nice and spicy, very tasty. Starters were also good, paneer and chicken, sweet tasting! Peshawari nan was very dry, not much filling. I didn’t really like the stuff my friends were having, chicken tikka masala and lamb korma - but they enjoyed it. To me those didn’t really taste like indian. But the loos are a joke, hardly place to turn around! Still - ok value for money.