See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 1, 2015

I stayed at Chaplin Hostel with 5 friends. We arrived Saturday quiet early in the morning, but Nenad, the owner, started immediately preparing coffee to us. During our stay the owners, Nenad and Milena were extremely kind and helpful. They helped us what to see, where to go, how to get to places, plus we had amazing consersations during our entire stay. It felt like being at home among friends, something that you don't have that often in a hostel. Apart from that the hostel is extremely clean, with a great kitchen and a charming garden, where one can chill, talk and have a few cigarettes. To be honest, staying at Chaplin Hostel was the best hostel experience I've had so far.

3  Thank VeraMariposa
Reviewed June 1, 2015

I cannot express enough how highly I think of this hostel and the owners. They are truly genuine people who could not do enough for their guests.

The hostel is very new (opened mid last year). It is a small hostel (9 people) so it feels like you're staying with friends. The beds were comfortable, the bathroom clean and the hostel very well decorated/facilitated. The owners were always there to give advice on where to eat, what to see and even sat and watched Eurovision with us (Serbia was totally ripped off by the way!).

I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone visiting Belgrade. If you don't mind a short walk to the city centre, you should definitely stay here!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cally1410
Reviewed May 23, 2015 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights, I highly recommend it. The owners are fantastic and give you great advice for what to see and do in Belgrade. It's an easy 10 min walk from the town centre and even faster by bus. The hostel is very new so everything works well and is very clean.

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rohan L
Reviewed May 6, 2015

This was the best hostel i stayed at! very clean, and the people are very nice! U can cook in the kitchen what u want, the market is very close. City center is close also. They are pet friendly , so our dog feeled loved. <3

Room tip: it s 2 rooms only , and both are ok
2  Thank Ele N
Reviewed February 4, 2015

What can I say. I was really satisfied with this hostel on so many levels. The owners were very kind and they were always so eager to help me and my friend when we had questions about where to go, how to get there, what to do and so on. They were a really pleasant company.

The hostel itself includes rooms, bathroom, living room, a kitchen and a dining room. The beds were comfortable with fresh clean sheets and linen and thanks to the lockers you don't have to worry about safety. The living room/the lounge is a nice place to hang out and chat with the owners and other people, though my friend and I were the only visitors at the time. The bathroom includes everything one needs - a shower, a sink and a mirror, and a toilet. I suppose one could make themselves lunch in the kitchen if they wanted to, but my friend and I usually prefer to go eat out and try the local cuisine.

Chaplin Hostel is located more or less outside the city centre, but not so far away, so one can easily walk there on foot or take the bus (bus fares are really cheap). Not being in the strict centre has its benefits, such as little or no noise at night. Outside the hostel, on the other side of the street, the owners run a pizza bar, where they serve breakfast, lunch and so on.

Overall, I do not regret staying at this hostel. For a cheap price we got more than we expected and will gladly return some day.

Date of stay: December 2014