“Hotel Kasina”
Review of Hotel Kasina

Hotel Kasina
Ranked #77 of 86 Hotels in Belgrade
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Hotel Kasina is a perfect very low budget hotel (33 euro a night for single room) for those who want to spend their time exploring this totally fantastic and unbelievably overlooked city and not hanging around in the hotel all day. Rooms are tiny, soviet era but clean and fit for purpose.View was dingy and industrial but I like that kind of thing. My phone didn't work and my room was only cleaned every other day, though my friend had his cleaned every day. This is not the end of the world however. Lobby is great and old school. There's a lovely area outside to sit, smoke drink and take the city in before you head out. Also the brewery bar next door is a handy place for a last drink after a night out. Breakfast is lovely but I think four euro extra. Phone bills from the room can be high so check the rate beforehand. It's totally central. Five minutes from everywhere either walking or taxiing.. Belgrade is still not on the tourist map so prices are a fraction of what you'll pay anywhere else. So get there while you can still afford it. It's like an unwashed Paris. Walk around for an hour and you'll come across gorgeous little cobblestone streets and churches etc etc. Before I arrived I read these appalling reviews of Kasina and was prepared for the worst. I really don't know who these tripadvisor whingers are and what they expect. Andrei_r90 seems to have gone a long time ago or else things have changed a lot since then. Ideal for anyone on a very low budget who just wants a place to rest their heads.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
12  Thank BSuzanne
There are newer reviews for Hotel Kasina

Reviewed October 18, 2011

It is amazing that this "hotel" is still doing business. There were no changes done for at least 20 years, the paint of the furniture is peeled off, the towels were shreaded, there is fungus and dampness all over the bathroom, even on the key chain, the indoor sanitation a real adventure. No kind of facilities in the room, one minaiture chair and night table, a small TV, closet in the wall and that's it. Even at ~35 Eur/night is way overpriced for the 3 so-called stars offered.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank andrei_r90
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Ended up staying here out of necessity. Was dreading it having read previous reviews but it's really not that bad. I wouldn't take my wife there for a romantic weekend but foR a business traveller looking for a central location it's bearable.

• Stayed: October 2011
4  Thank stagman86
Reviewed July 10, 2011

I payed 3 nights and I didn't stay even one...I changed inmediatly...all the previous comments are sadly true... I didn't care about the money, I just wanted t be out of there...elevator out of order, tiny bed in a tiny room without air conditioning, old, dirty, sports on the Walls...really disgusting...and in the reception they just wanted me to pay extra to get some other room with air conditioning (I also saw it and he didn't even know if it worked...) I only got a shawer and the sink was...well...imagine...please...please, consider any other option...my worst experience since I'm a member of trip advisor...

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Eesti76
Reviewed July 3, 2011

It's one of the few affordable options. Belgrade is surprisingly expensive for hotels, moreso than most other developed counties, and definitely more than Australia. This hotel is just over $100 per double room per night, and you get comfy beds and and mini shower that spills water. The breakfast was definitely to my taste and it's one of the perks. I think location is the biggest draw card, as well as the value for money. We stumbled into this place after doing "viewings" with suitcases in hand at a couple of similarly priced placed in the nearby area. A taxi driver helped us by taking us to a few places to find a room. 1 Serb in the group helped with communication & negotiation. We're normally 4-5 * people, so it was a huge step down but actually quite bearable and we consider it our Belgrade hotel.

Room Tip: View room before accepting - test bathroom/smell
  • Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank PaulyOnHerOwn
Reviewed March 11, 2011

Tripadvisor is incorrect: this facility is not the 47th of all hotels in Belgrade, instead it should not be on any list of real hotels. My advice is simple: just do not go there, unless you wants to enjoy "services" like unlockable roomdoor, mouse/rat-trap placed in the middle of the room, toilet out of service, broken furniture, open wires hanging out from the wall, dirty room and bathroom, falling wallpaints, smelly and disguisting carpets, cold food in the restaurant, poor service. I was happy to get out from this rusty, broken and disguisting place. Oh yes, they have 2 PCs in the lobby - no Internet connection. The poor wireless signal worked a bit. I am sorry, but far the worst experience that I had so far.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Utas2
Reviewed October 20, 2009

I arrived at the Kasina at 7am without reservation during late August 2009, and they showed me to my room immediately where I stayed for two nights at about GBP40 each.

In short, the hotel is very centrally-located and functional, with various room options at different prices depending on sizes and air-con/no air-con which really makes a difference in the summer. It just seems a little old and dated in parts - especially the corridor and a few of the rooms that I saw.

I was given a choice of two rooms (always look before deciding as they can be vastly different in quality and renovation depending on whether it is facing the main street or not, and round the back is much quieter) and both had good bathrooms and good shower, though in the one that I stayed in, it had drainage problems so water spilled everywhere from the shower and flooded the bathroom floor.

The Kasina is about half the price of the Moscow Hotel opposite, and just as central. Breakfast was included and was pretty good. Staff were very helpful, and I made good use of the cable TV as well which included many European channels. The lift also helped so handy for those on higher floors. There's no internet or wi-fi in the rooms, but you can use them at 40 dinars an hour near the reception (I'd use it elsewhere...)

A solid option if you're not too bothered about aesthetics.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo