I have been hosteling since 2000 and this was among the best experiences, for the following reasons:
1. Location across the street from the train and bus terminal, easy to find, no stress when I left.
2. MOST HELPFUL STAFF EVER. Every person I met who works there was incredibly kind, outgoing, and helpful to me. I cannot say enough about them.
3. Safe and clean.
4. There are 2 locations, and I stayed in each. The main building, and one around the corner. Both are fine, but the one around the corner has a more "homey" feel to it, and it has more space for socializing with other guests.
5. Free internet, WIFI, linens and towels.
Yes it was somewhat noisy outside, but... this is a capital city, so I don't know what people expect when they go to such places. The beds were so comfortable.
I stayed in a single room the entire time.
Oh! And a few doors down from the main hostel building is a little bakery (on a corner, I forget the name) but it had THE BEST BUREK AND YOGURT for breakfast. It is a hugely popular pastry in Serbia, and sold everywhere, but this place has the best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hostel Central Station is situated opposite to the Central Railway and Central Bus Station. In a completely redecorated and refurbished 150m2 space the hostel offers accommodation in 9 private rooms( with 2, 3 or 4 beds ) and 3 dorm rooms. Moreover the guest have free internet access, a living room, a safe and secure storage room and gentlemen's and ladies' bathrooms at their disposal. All rooms are air conditioned. Hostel offers totaly 50 beds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, HostelWorld, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Hostel Central Station reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.