“Unlike any other place in Belgrade”
Review of Salon 5

Salon 5
Ranked #18 of 1,280 Restaurants in Belgrade
Cuisines: Italian, International
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: SALON We know you're fussy, at least as much as we are. Don't worry, we won't overwhelm you with extravagant recipes just because their names sound good on the menu. You prefer the real thing, and so do we. Our dishes are prepared with delicate attention to detail, carefully nuanced in the hands of masters whose dexterity is measured in split seconds on the grill. But Salon is not just about our immaculate performance in the kitchen. A great restaurant makes you feel great. That's why we value experience above everything, making sure to keep a fine balance at all times. Subtlety without arrogance, simplicity without modesty. Indulgence with a tact, committed to class in every sense of the word - culinary, gastronomical and visual. Because grand taste asks for a grand experience.
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

First impression of this restaurant is very unique setting. Unlike any other place in Belgrade, it features very elegant atmosphere with a extraordinary food. I have tried homemade pasta with boletus mushrooms, extremly good. Then I had some goose liver, better than any I have tried in my life and Florentine style steak aka Fiorentina which was also perfectly grilled.
At the end I have tried 2 desserts tiramisu (real one with mascrapone cheese) extremely tasty and chocolate moose again 10 out of 10.
Overall it is a beyond fine dinning restaurant with great atmosphere and delicious food.

1  Thank Ðorđe Ð
There are newer reviews for Salon 5

Reviewed June 5, 2014

What pushed us to go was the concept; Having the impression of having dinner at a friends house. But the food and the service were just prefect too. We got great advice for the food and wine. We really enjoyed our evening at Salon 5. The interior design and atmosphere are great, especially if you can then grab your last drink in the lounge.

1  Thank victoriadep
Reviewed April 18, 2014

hidden from the city crowd and very intimate, ideal for a romantic date. unique setting, excellent food, pleasant service...will definitely recommend further and be back there soon

1  Thank mcbgd
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Last time I was in Belgrade, my mate from London wouldn’t stop talking about this place so we took our business partners there for dinner one night. This is definitely not your average Belgrade restaurant, it looks more like a private dining room, but without the pomp. There are tables for twenty or so people, and it feels cosy and elegant. I drank some frisky white wine before ordering foie gra for starters, recommended by this single serving waiter who somehow seemed to know what I needed every time. In fact, the foie gra was so good I realised I should’ve ordered it as the main course. Good sales tactic. Ok, so I went for a simple bolognese pasta as the main, just to piss off the waiter. But he tricked me again, unless there was an old Sicilian woman locked up in the kitchen, mashing those tomatoes. I don’t know who made that pasta, but it tasted like something Vito Corleone would’ve eaten when he was twelve. My mates went for the safe bet, a juicy steak with spinach and bolete mushrooms. Mamma mia… Obviously, the business part of the meeting was a joke, but we did some generous team building, hey. The waiter poured me more of that Serbian fruit zest and I got a choco-mousse off him. I don’t like mousse. But this one killed it. Thank you Belgrade, I’m glad I went rampant again, this time in style...

3  Thank Mark F
Reviewed March 30, 2014

In my honest opinion, this is currently the best restaurant in Belgrade. The intimate atmosphere of the restaurant is lovely, I'm only now realizing how much I miss in other places. The fried foie gras is a true highlight of the menu, you cannot afford to miss this one. Just order the main course one, you won't regret it. If you haven't fallen in love with that, restaurant staples such as steak also come with a nice twist. Tiramisu is to die for, it's quite a breath of fresh air to see it made properly. It's also a nice bonus to see that the pasta is homemade, but I sadly did not get the chance to try it. It's nice to leave something for next time. Make sure to book in advance, as reservations are required. The personalized experience does come at a (very small) cost.

3  Thank resonaut321