“Excellent Management, Best Service I've Encountered”

Balkan Orient Express Hotel
Ranked #65 of 89 Hotels in Belgrade
Reviewed February 24, 2014

They let us check in to our room at 7am which was incredibly welcome given that we'd arrived on the night train from Bulgaria and were desperate to freshen up. They were incredibly lovely throughout our very brief stay and I couldn't recommend them highly enough. The room was ok, the view wasn't great and it was a little dated but more than made up for by the friendly staff and low cost.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Georgina T
Balkan_Mngmt, Front Office Manager at Balkan Orient Express Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear Mr. George W,

I will use this opportunity to thank You for Your review.

It is our sincere pleasure to hear that you enjoyed Your time at Balkan Orient Express Hotel. We really try hard to please You and to provide You excellent service.

We hope that You will be our guest again.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 8, 2014

I really liked location of this hotel, it is heart of Belgrade.
It is renovated but i guess it could be better done.
Restaurant was good, cheesecake was for recommendation.
In near are lots of restaurants and cafe, like night club Kasina or cafe Korto which i allready reviewed.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lord R
Balkan_Mngmt, Guest Relations Manager at Balkan Orient Express Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear Lord R,

Your review is so much appreciated by all the team.
I am sure that we can address the points you have made and I thank you very much for your feedback because this is what helps us to continually improve.

We look forward to the next opportunity of providing you with an exceptional stay.

Kaća Purić

Reviewed January 5, 2014

The hotel is in the centre of town and the reception staff was very nice and pleasant. Unfortunately the building is in poor shape - it smells from the bathrooms even though a recent renovation was made to the whole hotel. We were placed on the sixth floor in a room with no windows just two "quasi" windows on the ceiling. It took some time to understand that we can open them with a special metal stick that was hidden in the bathroom. The water was not warn enough for us to shower and it was dripping slowly, not flowing. A decent hotel but definitely not a 4 star hotel (maybe 3*).

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gluxar4e
Balkan_Mngmt, Guest Relations Manager at Balkan Orient Express Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear Gluxar4e,

Thank You for Your lovely comments about the team.

And we are also thankful for Your feedback because this is what helps us to continually improve.

I was very sorry to hear that you experienced plumbing problems in your bathroom and hope that they will not overshadow your stay with us.

We hope to welcome you back soon. Please feel free to reach out to me direct (kaca.puric@balkanhotel.net).

We will make sure that everything is perfect next time.
With all good wishes,

Kaća Purić

Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is located very central within walking distance of many sights, restaurants and shopping opportunities. I stayed for 3 nights in late December 2013, and was met by a very friendly and helpful staff. I got a single room on 5th floor which was quite nice. Not big, but with a really nice view over the city and a river. I recommend that you'll see at least one sunset from one of the higher floors.

The rooms have safety deposit boxes, a kettle so you can make coffee/tea and a tv with loads of programmes to chose from. The only thing that didn't was in order, was in the bath, where there weren't anything to hold the showerhead.

The breakfast was a typical buffet at a tourist hotel around Europe, which is what I expected.

In the close neighbourhood you'll find some of the best restaurants here on TA and the pedestrian streets. Just go out the front, turn left (if you don't see Hotel Moscow, it's the other left) to the other side of the building and walk straight ahead. And then BOOM, you're right on the pedestrian street. You'll find tons of shops, bars and restaurants on there streets. Also I was at the castle within 15 minutes from leaving the hotel.

The hotel will get my recommendation unless you're too picky. Location, staff and room was all in all great.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank AllanBeck
Balkan_Mngmt, Front Office Manager at Balkan Orient Express Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Dear Mr. Beck,

I will use this opportunity to thank You for Your review.

We hope that You will be our guest again.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Hotel Balkan is not just in the center of Belgrade, it is THE center of Belgrade so it is the best point to start exploring the city, The main pedestrian street Kn. Mihailova and the two biggest city squares ar less than 3 minutes walk. Restaurants, pizzerias, fast food, shops etc are less than 300m far from the hotel while the local open market is no more than 400m far.
The hotel staff were all extremely helpful, speaking fluent english, but most important of all they were all very polite and smiling people.
The room (could have been a bit bigger) had a nice view of the Москва hotel and one of the bridges of Danube. There was a boiler and a small selection of tea-coffee sachets in the room, which I appreciated too. The place was clean, the towels were big, the mini bar was full of tasty choices (in good prices), the internet access was without problem. For some reason, our TV set would only show the serbian tv chanels (while our kids' room TV was showing a big variety of multilingual chanels), so I guess this was a problem of our room. The breakfast buffet had a lot of good & tasty choices. My only problem was the heat. The room was so hot that we had to sleep with open windows -in December-. From the reception they told us that the heat level was adapted to the usual December temperatures while the temperature was unusualy high during our stay-which was true,the weather was warm and sunny.
We had a very nice stay in hotel Balkan and I would like to say a big thanks to all of the staff!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with view. Our rooms (306-308) had a great view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank chrisanthep
Balkan_Mngmt, Front Office Manager at Balkan Orient Express Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear ,

Thank you for posting such a useful comment for future guests. We appreciate support that you have given to our hotel. Your kind words have been shared with the team to recognize their efforts.

Balkan Hotel Team always encourages our guests to approach us directly and inform us about their expectations of hotel, so we can match their desires.

Warm regards,

Reviewed December 17, 2013

I had a pleasure in staying in this hotel few weeks ago and I had to share my impressions this way since this is one of few hotels with the soul. I greatly enjoyed my stay in Hotel Balkan and meeting great people working there. Even from the start through making the reservation, regarding many of my requests before arriving, reservation department answered timely all my emails making sure that the transfer to the hotel and the type of requested room will be assured before my arrival. The whole reception staff was very helpful and polite throughout my stay. The comfort room that I reserved was very clean, bright and comfortable, which is very important since I was there for work. The staff at the restaurant was also very polite and helped me in suggesting the right meals whenever I dined with my business partners. The atmosphere was also excellent. Food..... delicious!!! I will definitely stay in Balkan Hotel again.

Room Tip: Definitely don't miss out on steak and famous Balkan cheesecake.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Darcholi

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting such a useful comment for future guests. We appreciate the loyalty and support that you have given to our hotel. You have truly recognized the money value of Balkan Hotel, as we always try to match hotel facilities and services with affordable hotel rates. Your kind words have been shared with the team to recognize their efforts.

Warm regards,

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Placed in the center of the city, this hotel is ideal solution if you want to bring your friends from abroad to have fun. We made reservation for triple room but instead of that we got a suite for the same price (5th floor with an excellent view). Pleasant girls at the reception were really helpful and gave us more than enough information for a couple of days of enjoying Belgrade. I should also mention that everything we needed was really close to the hotel - shopping malls, restaurants, clubs, cultural monuments etc. If you dont want to find out other fine restaurants in the city, Orient Express restaurant in the hotel offers delicious food for the reasonable price. We shall definitely come back to Balkan hotel for summer vacation.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MioCrew

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. Every day, we invest a lot of effort in order to get customer service on the highest level, so we are truly glad to hear that you are satisfied how we've dealt with your queries. We'll keep it that way in the future.

We look forward to the next opportunity of providing you with a remarkable stay.

Best regards,